Hello, never played this game before

Pinta77

Hi. My name is Evan. I played PSO on dreamcast offline for like 30 minutes in the past. Other than that, I never played before.

I just picked it up for GameCube cuz I collect GameCube games and I also am trying to grab the Tails Chao for Sonic Adventure DX. But it turns out in actually kinda digging this game.

Im seeing that there are all sorts of private servers open for this game still, and this one looks the most alive. If it's possible, I might hook up my GameCube to play it online. Is that possible with this server?

No.

This server is only compatible with the free computer version you can download here

But don't worry.  You can hook up a controller if you prefer to play with a controller.

Indeed, most private servers run the latest version of the game known as PSO Blue Burst, which is only for the pc. Much like the original dreamcast PSO (Episode 1) and the gamecube/xbox PSO (Episode 1 and 2), Blue Burst is a newer release that includes more content (epsiode 1, episode 2, and episode 4; there was a separate sidegame for episode 3 on the gamecube, it's a strategy card game instead of an action rpg). The later releases include all the content from the previous releases.

If you do have an adapter peripheral for the gamecube to get online, there are some specialty servers that run the older versions of the game, though they will obviously be limited only to that version. If you do want to check out all that pso has to offer though, this is a great place to be, we have a great and helpful community and are constantly adding new custom quests/items/events/etc. to the game to keep things fresh and interesting.

If you want to play with a controller, any standard dinput or xinput controller will be recongized by the game just fine, so long as it is plugged in to your computer before you launch the game. Sometimes people also use programs like xpadder or joytokey to supplement their controls with additional abilities.