Hey Guys, new Player, general Q's

Hey there guys!!!

I switched Servers from Schtserv to Ultima yesterday and so far, im very happy about that! The Community seems to be friendly and helpfull. Also, it's not as desolated as schtserv.

The main reason why i started that Topic is because i lack of knowledge. I played PSO like 6-7 years ago on my gamecube. Offline, on my own. Got a HUcast to lvl 70 in like 1 year of playtime. (idk if this is good or bad. But it was hard to beat everything on my own)

I'm pretty happy that i can Play PSO again. this time with mates!

So here are my questions!:

1. I started as a HUcast. I just recognized that the start is pretty rough as a meele. Got someone to help me and reached lvl 33 in like no time. But im overthinking my decision on playing a HUcast. Is the Hunter class any good in the endgame Content? I feel like all i can do is singletarget damage. Would it be better to Change to RAcast or a FO class for endgame?

2. If i stay with HUcast, what weapons should i go for? There are various good weapons, but i dont know which will be the best im my case. I dont wanna singletarget Mobs forever. What are the top Hunters here playing with?

3. How fast will i Progress? Is it neccessary to search for help for ttf or can i Level on my own at a pretty decent Speed? Would another class help me Progress faster?

4. I heard of weapons Like Agito or Monkey King Bar but i dont think they were obtainable on the GC Version i played. Are there weapons that are not in the game? Is it possible to find every weapon or atleast trade them?

So far so good. I would appriciate every single answer. TY guys, i hope we will meet ingame. I'm really excited to Play with some of you in the High-Level-Content.

1: Any class is good as long as you enjoy it. In fact, there is way more diversity in what you can do other than "melee does melee" and "ranged does ranged" and "magic does magic". You can have a ranger that goes up and fires some shots then moves in close range for the kill, or a hunter that uses a rifle to pick farther enemies off. A FO can even do melee using shifta/deband and a ranger can be a great help to any party with those spells as well. When it comes to endgame, HU are extremely versatile, giving you a lot of range options. I personally use a rare mechgun and the Sealed-J Sword/pair of sick rare daggers. 

2: Again, it is entirely up to you. Some parties like certain gear, much like raids in other games, so for multi-target I would suggest either a halberd or sword, and ranged would be whatever you want as long as it isn't a pitiful handgun. Black Raven is fine though, it's a 3-shot handgun. Slicers are good too, because they penetrate through lines of enemies. I personally use a HUcast and RAmar, while having some FO for mag leveling. HUcast, by the way, are the strongest in terms of melee, yet their downside is I believe lower hit chance, and the inability to use techs.

3: You will progress at a rate of x3 exp to....125? 175? And it becomes x2 from then to lvl 200. And you can totally level on your own at a decent speed, but farming ttf with a group of 4 on hard mode is probably the best way to reach a high level, then farm it in very hard, then farm it on ultimate. By my knowledge that works out, at least. Haven't reached Ultimate yet so I can't speak for those at that level.

4: There are a lot of items that are only obtainable through the japanese version, download quests, or specific holiday events that I don't believe the server has implemented. There are custom server weapons too, but I haven't found any yet to my knowledge. You still have a large array, so don't worry too much about that.

Just letting you know, my HUcast is currently at 106 and my RAmar is at 48. Been running HU for a long time ever since GC so I've got a bit of a handle on the matters. Leave the explanations of group dynamics and "best" weapons to the ones at ultimate and beyond though. I just go for whatever has orange numbers and that I like.

7 minutes ago, Zeromir said:

You will progress at a rate of x3 exp to....125? 175? And it becomes x2 from then to lvl 200.

It's at Lv160

7 minutes ago, Zeromir said:

There are a lot of items that are only obtainable through the japanese version, download quests, or specific holiday events that I don't believe the server has implemented. There are custom server weapons too, but I haven't found any yet to my knowledge. You still have a large array, so don't worry too much about that.

Every item in the game is available but not necessarily obtainable...
Usually custom items drop only during events.

Just now, Soly said:

It's at Lv160

Every item in the game is available but not necessarily obtainable...
Usually custom items drop only during events.

Gotcha, knew I got something wrong at some point. Thanks for clearing that up, for me and the other guy here XD

1) HUcast is a good class, though all classes are decent at high levels.  I believe HUcast has the highest ATP in the game.

2) I'll let someone else answer this since I have no experience with HU.

3) If you really try you can probably hit 200 in a month.  But don't.  I've noticed that it's easier to make friends at lower levels.

4) I'm not sure what you're asking here.  Yes there were weapons added between ep2 and ep4.  Also ultima server has it's own items.  I'm on my phone so I can't link you, but I will when I get home.

1. As Lemon said, HUcast has the highest ATP in the game. But, at the same time, it has the lowest ATA of the four Hunters. I personally the strongest end-game classes are FOmarl, HUcaseal, RAcast, FOnewearl, HUcast, and RAmar.
  2. I'm just gonna make a list of END-GAME gear here: Psycho Raven set, 85-hit Crimson Sword, Dark Flow set, S-Rank Handgun (zalure), S-Rank J-Cutter (arrest, hell, zalure), TypeME/Mechguns (demon), Slicer of Vengeance, Ultima Reaper set (or just 1 with 80 hit), Asteron Striker, Diska of Braveman set, Suppressed Gun (charge, arrest), Inferno Girasole set, Lavis Blade (for DF health only), Hundred Souls or Excalibur set, S-Red's Blades, Jizai set, and a whole bunch of other stuff. There are LOADS of weapons that are good for Hunter. If you'd like, PM me and I'll add a few more this list
  3. The class that "levels" the fastest is Force (in my opinion), because they have the ability to tag/debuff pretty much everything and hardly ever miss out on getting exp. The fastest way to level, though, is to do CCA (especially with x5 on). In my experience, people are always willing to help unlock it on Ultimate
  4. Soly already answered this

33 minutes ago, thelionorion said:
  1. I'm just gonna make a list of END-GAME gear here: Psycho Raven set, 85-hit Crimson Sword, Dark Flow set, S-Rank Handgun (zalure), S-Rank J-Cutter (arrest, hell, zalure), TypeME/Mechguns (demon), Slicer of Vengeance, Ultima Reaper set (or just 1 with 80 hit), Asteron Striker, Diska of Braveman set, Suppressed Gun (charge, arrest), Inferno Girasole set, Lavis Blade (for DF health only), Hundred Souls or Excalibur set, S-Red's Blades, Jizai set, and a whole bunch of other stuff. There are LOADS of weapons that are good for Hunter. If you'd like, PM me and I'll add a few more this list

It's also, uh, FOmar not FOmarl. c;

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HHawk4 said:

It's also, uh, FOmar not FOmarl. c;

1 hour ago, mudkipzjm said:

FOmar is only for people who enjoy mediocrity, choose FOmarl instead.

art.jpg

COPYRITE PATRICK MCDONALDS, 2017 TO INFINITY

DO NOT STEELe

bitch

Edited by McLaughlin86
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, rayblasterx said:

tumblr_inline_msvck4E4zE1qz4rgp.jpgKeep talkin' shit bout Fomar and see what happens

Ine1AkaF_400x400.jpg Keep doubting FOmarl and see what happens.

• Like 2

1. Hucast is considered a pretty strong class, though hunters do take some practice to play well. If you are having trouble meleeing enemies, consider taking some time to practice combo delay tactics and proper dodging. By delaying your 2nd and 3rd hits in a combo, you can keep the enemy flinching and unable to react, and dodging needs only a tiny step away after triggering the monster to attack to completely avoid it. Hunters can do aoe damage with swords and partisans quite well. All classes can be versatile in their own ways.

2. Sylph's Hunter Weapons guide is great for endgame level options( https://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/topic/28671-hunters-weapons-guide/ ). There are many other decently ok options you can use while working towards those things though.

3. How fast you progress depends on how fast you want to progress. You can easily level up to 200 in a week or two if you focus a lot on it and get a bit of help with the powerleveling. Ultimate monsters are buffed on this server so that it's not a complete cakewalk for endgame chars, so around level 90 you may want to look around for some ultimate TTF games to 100, and then a few CCA or RT games to get a few more levels in ep2 to help you get a leg up, in an hour or two you can hop from 90 to 115+ for a nice extra boost to help you make the jump into ultimate better, as the buffed monsters can be a bit rough when first entering there. Don't be afraid to ask around for help if you need it, there are always friendly people around willing to join in or may help you find a better weapon or whatnot. You'll almost certainly level faster by teaming up with others, but you can simply play around for fun whenever you like too.

4. Episode 4 Blue Burst has added a lot of new gear to the game too, and this server adds new items regularly for major holiday events as well. Probably every item you remember from gamecube is obtainable. There are very, very few things that aren't obtainable, but they are on the list to be added in soon. Getting everything would be quite a feat, as there is a whole lotta stuff in the game, and the server events help keep things fresh and add new stuff for players to strive for.

Welcome to Ultima!