Valentine's Event 2017

kajex

52 minutes ago, Pivut said:

How come I'm having Amore Rose drop from tons of enemies? I just killed a Bartle on Ultimate and go one. I was getting them in the Caves on Very Hard too. I'm a purplenum.

Amore Rose is mostly just a novelty item, so it's very easy to get. More of a filler item than anything, along with Great Bouquet, Login, Butterfly Net, and I think Bamboo Spear but I've never used it so I don't know if it's worth using or not (I would guess not)

4 hours ago, Auli'i said:

and I think Bamboo Spear but I've never used it so I don't know if it's worth using or not (I would guess not)

No it's not but it makes a cool sound when you hit enemies

Alot of people probably don't know this, but the best way to get high hit dragon slayer / crush bullet / bloody art is through Gallon's Roullete (in Gallon's Shop) via Lucky Coins, which are awarded to you after doing Phantasmal World and the new Villanous Rift quests by speaking to Nol in the lab after completing the quest. In ultimate everyone gets #ofPlayers x 1 coins, so up to 4 coins for each player in a 4p game, allowing you to play the roulette 4 times. You can win any of the basic 9star rares with high hit (i.e. I've personally gotten 60hit rares, don't know how high max is here) from there, including other goodies like Vjaya, Diska of Braveman, M&A60Vise, hp and tp mats, etc. Villanous Rift 2  and Phantasmal World 3 take place in VR Spaceship and Seabed respectively.

• Like 8

On 2/22/2017 at 5:33 AM, R-78 said:

No it's not but it makes a cool sound when you hit enemies

I like it. I use it as my ramarl's melee wep, plus it has spirit ^.^

2 minutes ago, Sciaz said:

plus it has spirit ^.^

That would have been nice if it had more than 3 ATA x)

13 minutes ago, R-78 said:

That would have been nice if it had more than 3 ATA x)

find one with hit :onion-head01:

plus rangersl have more ata than needed for just about any melee wep:onion-head05:

Well, rangers can also equip Hundred Soul :P

It'd probably be easier to simplify what you are asking into unlocking last swan for all classes (which is the crux of it from what I can tell) rather than actually changing master raven from what it is to something else, as master raven is a very different kind of weapon that actually does work very well if you are keen to use it.

I actually use a master raven quite a bit on my characters. Granted mine do have some more hit now from multiple hit events, but I've used one since only a few months after I joined the server when I won a 10hit one in a minievent(and sometimes a second no hit one when I didn't feel like transferring). It's already quite good as it is, and it can actually fully stunlock enemies with normals (like, literally point blank range on any standard slapper enemy, normal spam and they cannot counterattack at all), and although Hard attacks are a not quite stunlock at range, they still work quite well at that task. However, while stunlocking with attacks only is possible on many weapons (this has a lot to do with proper combo timings and not just random spam. Your post is talking about needing a new handgun and puts an emphasis on stunlocking in bold, but regular handguns actually can stunlock enemies, and are actually already some of the most versatile at doing so), it's really the things like arrest and freeze specials and traps that are actually meant for crowd control, not regular attacks themselves.
With just 20-30 buffs and no sphering on a humar, master raven kills many ep1/ep4 enemies in just 1 hard attack, and it actually does keep up in competition vs charge raygun for dps at almost any level of shifta outside of 3way or 4way chains with SSS on charge rayguns where it starts to fall behind only slightly, but at that point charge vulcans are going to outclass either anyway. With lesser buffs like s-reds it still does good damage, still only taking very few attacks (which are quite quick on this weapon; master raven is faster than other weapons like regular handguns and mechguns) on many medium things you want to snipe off. You note that males generally have more atp than females, but then propose to give them the exact same weapon which seems like a contradiction, bringing up why class limitations happen but then ignoring the point (even if you made a 0atp mr for males, it would be stronger than ls is on females due to their higher atp and how scaling works).
New handgun weapons sounds nice as a general idea (I've not thought much about new weapon designs in this category since I've been focused on other categories, but I am very interested in hearing suggestions from the community), but currently I don't agree with / am not convinced of a last swan style gun for males being something that is needed for them or lacking without reason, and especially not getting rid of a cool (and definitely viable for many uses even if it's not quite as "flexible" or "stunlocky" as last swan) unique weapon like master raven currently is to make way for it.

Edited by Fyrewolf5