Endgame FOnewearl gears

8 hours ago, TripleR said:

there are no specifically donation only items here.

Anti-Light Ring is donation only, I thought

Edit: Posted that from mobile, so couldn't contribute at the time. I suppose I should, since I posted in the thread, but really the only thing that I haven't seen in here so far is that I usually carry Hundred Souls and a Power mag on FOnewearl (when not using melee) simply for Vol Opt in Episode 1. FOnewearl can't get enough ATP without the Power mag, and Hundred Souls is the highest ATP weapon in the game (and Foney can actually use it, surprisingly).

Other than that, everything I would have said has already been said. But good luck! And if you need help with anything, lemme know ^_^ 

Edited by Auli'i
ily rrr

56 minutes ago, Auli'i said:

Anti-Light Ring is donation only, I thought

I see no Anti-Light Ring on the donation list :rf-13:  Only rings there are White, Black, Purple, Yellow.

5 minutes ago, Lemon said:

I see no Anti-Light Ring on the donation list

Oh, well, it's an Ultima item, and it doesn't drop in game. I've been told before that it is donation only, but maybe it's just an old item that isn't in the game at all anymore

If that were the case though, then I don't think it would be on the Item Effects list. No point in knowing the effect if you can never obtain the item, so I bet you can  donate for it

12 hours ago, Electrochemist said:

Honestly, I never really thought about or had the urge to be a melee Fonewearl and the only TP stealing weps I have are the DS and the Mahu, neither which work very well. I much prefer just techs since they are hard hitting, fast and consistent, therefore reliable dps. Could you explain why a mellee FOney is any good please? As iirc they have the lowest atp and ata of any force class.

A melee Foney can be good for some situations, if you still have buffing/debuffing & resta/anti boosting gear in your inventory. In episode 2, spells are very inefficient to kill mobs; therefore, after debuffing a group of enemies, you can work as a DPS'er to help kill them off quicker(even if you are only Demon'ing everything). Either way you still are supporting(especially if you are the only Force in the team), and being melee is secondary :p. I personally, get bored only debuffing/resta'ing all the time without really doing much else. But idk, FOrces are my favorite class, (even though this server favors Rangers the most) so I just thought I'd give you some insight if you wanted to choose either playing style. Also Magical Piece is also really good and is farmable(any Wand series+Magical Rock "heart key" from Paganini in Gallon's Shop quest for 50 PDs) that gives 30% or I think 40% boost to all Gi techs. Also Ignition Cloak boosts all fire techs by 10%, Congeal Cloak ice techs by 10%, and Tempest Cloak thunder techs by 10%. Inferno Girasole is the strongest doublesaber type weapon she can use and its special can work well to get hp down to trigger mag invulnerability if u want(beside Gal Wind, made from converting Gryphon's Wing that does the same thing).

Edited by CCastles93
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, CCastles93 said:

Inferno Girasole is the strongest doublesaber type weapon she can use and its special can work well to get hp down to trigger mag invulnerability if u want(beside Gal Wind, made from converting Gryphon's Wing that does the same thing).

Inferno Girasole itself cannot proc Invincibility, you can just use it to get to low health and then get hit to proc invincibility

Gal Wind on its own can proc invincibility, without the need to get hit

So they're kinda different in that sense, and Gal Wind is way better at it

You should not waste your life on hunting the psycho wand... especially as a foney since it depletes your HP. It's simply not worth it. Your three elemental scepters are good enough as long as you play well, which matters more. Magical Piece is great if you want to maximize GI techs, and Summit moon, or the three elemental clubs (laconium, adaman, zumiuran) if you're anal about power for SI techs like I could be sometimes. Other than that, just those three scepters are nice for nuking. Mercurius Rod for Grants if you can find it. I say all that, but I suppose Ultima personnel implemented a lot of new weapons...

Tyrell's parasol is nice! and easy to obtain

You'd probably benefit a whole lot more from H/HPs than from H/minds for now. They're easy to find too, especially with a Pinkal. Eventually, ADEPT is good. One should do. Also SMARTLINK for your Slicer of Fanatic and Bringer's rifle to demon at a distance. Rainbow Baton and Holy Ray are also fun to use with V502 if that's your style. It's a bit goofy, but fun too, and not too useless. V101 is not out of order. End game, your mag should give you plenty of MST. It's also not too useful obsessing over MST. Even if that stat isn't perfect, you can still be effective enough.

An Aura Field is an easy catch too, and protects you nicely. There are the cloaks if you insist on more power, like the others said.

for your shield, anything with lots of defense on it is good if you're not used to playing with your style settled yet; and even then.

I'd say to ignore the "Melee fo / Nuking fo" thing that people throw around like it had to be fixed. You can, of course, stick with ignoring the melee component or the nuking one for a while, and still be good for your team, but eventually, doing both in addition to the support is not only possible, but preferable. It just takes some flexibility and ingeniosity. Although I don't know if you'll be like me and just swap mag, while keeping the rest of the inventory identical and just swap mags in-game.

Gifoie Merge is a great weapon in ep4, or in forest and caves and U mines. Ask people for the ingredients.

As long as you Zalure stuff you get the exp. Remember that :)

That's all for now. You must be overwhelmed already.

Keep the dream alive

Edited by shion255

13 minutes ago, Auli'i said:

Inferno Girasole itself cannot proc Invincibility, you can just use it to get to low health and then get hit to proc invincibility

Gal Wind on its own can proc invincibility, without the need to get hit

So they're kinda different in that sense, and Gal Wind is way better at it

Oops yea that's what I meant xD lower hp THEN get hit to trigger mag invulnerability. And I just tested out your Gal Wind theory and it doesn't trigger it by itself :/

Just now, CCastles93 said:

Oops yea that's what I meant xD lower hp THEN get hit to trigger mag invulnerability. And I just tested out your Gal Wind theory and it doesn't trigger it by itself :/

Mags don't always proc invincibility, it's not 100% rate. It does work, I use it all the time unless it was patched like...within the last month, and I'm almost certain they didn't patch it

Edited by Auli'i
meh

2 minutes ago, Auli'i said:

Mags don't always proc invincibility, it's not 100% rate. It does work, I use it all the time unless it was patched like...within the last month

pretty sure they did then, bc im trying over and over & it's not working D: lame considering i wouldve started using this instead xD

Inferno girasole can't trigger mag on its own because it doesn't do enough damage to, as it does exactly 10% hp.
Triggering mag assist requires going from above 20% hp (green health), to below 10% hp, so not just any tiny mothmant bite will do. (hp turns yellow at 19%)
Gal wind can do it because the 3rd attack shoots 3 waves at once(at 7% each), so it can do enough damage to drop from above 20% to below 10%. It's the only weapon that can trigger mag assist afaik. The easy way to set that up is to do SSS, SSS, NNS and mag may go off.

Also, in vanilla mother garb+ is fonewm only, but ultima has altered it to be all forces (regular mother garb is still fonewm only).

As was mentioned before, fonewearl makes a great melee char because of her high ata, and she often uses Demon's special which does not care about her low atp and does current hp% damage to monsters, which is extremely powerful (often stronger than nearly any other regular attacks in the game).

Also, I would not recommend Tyrell's Parasol for Fonewearl. Fonewearl has a really bad tech casting speed with partisan class weapons, on fomarl the casting speed is fine though. I would instead recommend using Striker of Chao for s/d range (rod type), and Lindcray(rifle) or Marina's Bag(wand) for resta/anti range. Rod types are decently ok cast speed, rifles/guns/cards are relatively quick, wands are the fastest cast speed for females.

There's a lot of stuff I could add to this thread, but I'm way, way too tired right now.

Edited by Fyrewolf5
  • Like 1

Oh yeah. Marina's bag is ideal for foney if you can have it available. That and Skiker of Chao are a lot more foney-friendly. You don't have to raise your strength so high. From an event I guess. Parasols are indeed rather great for fomarls, or if you want to trade performance for simplicity.

If you want to be original, Guardianna, with its last hit, can do a lot of damage to a Chaos Bringer! It's just in case though, because you won't likely obtain one. Just for the anecdote...

Demoning high HP monsters can really make killing a lot faster for the other team members, since it takes 75% of current HP of the monsters. Try SNS combo with a slicer of fanatic with a good speed unit :) Bringer's rifle is especially useful in the towers, but not only

Edited by shion255

6 minutes ago, shion255 said:

Oh yeah. Marina's bag is ideal for foney if you can have it available. That and Skiker of Chao are a lot more foney-friendly. You don't have to raise your strength so high. From an event I guess. Parasols are indeed rather great for fomarls, or if you want to trade performance for simplicity.

Demoning high HP monsters can really make killing a lot faster for the other team members, since it takes 75% of current HP of the monsters. Try SNS combo with a slicer of fanatic with a good speed unit :) Bringer's rifle is especially useful in the towers, but not only

For now I think I'm just going to get the parasole since M-bag is an event item and idk how much it would be to buy from another player- I don't rly have any form of currency left.

Also unrelated but.. people kept recommending me Noob/Hps (and I can see why, they are great) but everytime I use them it cuts my dmg by like 200 using rafoie against something that's weak to fire until I relog - is this a bug or? It's nice having the extra hp but I dont undertstand why its reducing my overall dmg since you don't keep them equipped. Could someone please explain to me whether this is normal or not or whether I need to speak to someone about this because that's quite a high dmg cut :/

Sorry. I guess I left the server before that item appeared. Do you see a MST malus applied? Maybe it's something like a hidden stat, a bad joke from a dev or so... They must have created this item as a bad joke towards new people, lowering the other stats without saying it or so. I'm surprised that it cuts your damage this much. This is not a normal item in this game anyway...

Try with a Heavenly/HP instead.  I 'm actually curious now.

3 minutes ago, shion255 said:

Sorry. I guess I left the server before that item appeared. Do you see a MST malus applied? Maybe it's something like a hidden stat, a bad joke from a dev or so... They must have created this item as a bad joke towards new people, lowering the other stats without saying it or so. I'm surprised that it cuts your damage this much. This is not a normal item in this game anyway...

Try with a Heavenly/HP instead.  I 'm actually curious now.

Its strange because if my friend uses the Noob/Hps I bought for him, it actually makes his magic damage MORE without reducing his melee dmg at all. We ran a TTFU on VH and he was doing like 300s with Rafioe and I was doing 400s (which I'm sorry, even though he's a HUnewearl, it just seems off to me, especially since he has a very low lvl Raf atm and he used to do only maybe 200 or 150 with raf) I just don't get it at all.

Unfortunately I dont have any H/Hps to try that with, otherwise I would. But yeah. It's a massive dmg decrease. I certainly hope its not a joke lmao that would be stupid since I paid real money for them.

Edited by Electrochemist