Your most regretful PSO mistake?

Very often times I have been asked by old friends of PSO when I used to play on Schthack in the olden days what my biggest regret on the game was. It didn't take me long to come up with a satisfactory answer to that question. My answer?

I most regret not getting my best friend banned from the server.

To some that might sound pretty friggin crazy right? Why would I ever want to get my best friend at the time banned?

Well, to answer that you have to look at the times I was in. I was 13/14 years old at the time, I had been playing Offline on the GCN all my life and I was new to this whole new online thing. My best friend at the time, a RAmar who I will keep unnamed, at the time of when we were playing most together was during an old Schthack Christmas event. The Schthack event during Christmas was notorious for bumping up monster damage and speeds while awarding those who were brave enough to venture into Ultimate with the best weapons of the event in rare presents dropped from the monsters. 

Well, at the time he wasn't too high of a level on Ultimate, he was about 130 or so, 134 I think.
He brought me into a room and told me that people are starting to leave Schthack because getting these gifts are too hard because the monsters are really tough to kill
So he told me that he found a weapon that was powerful enough to kill all monsters and bosses in a single hit and I was sooo ignorant at the time and so interested to see. So he took me into a TTF and started to kill everything in one hit; even the dragon boss on ultimate he killed in a single hit. When I asked him how he did it, he told me he was using a third party program that allowed his weapons to one shot kill things. He also listed off a long list of other people who were also using the program on the server at the time. But then he told me, he threatened me that if I had told anybody about this, that he'd get me banned... Me being the scared little kid I was I just said okay and was scared to mention anything.
So I didn't

He ended up using that cheat engine to get a ton of presents which he got wealthy off of and then used another to duplicate photon spheres so he could max his gear out.
I remember going into a room with all his little buddies, all super decked out in rich gear he got from legitimate hunters that he traded illegitimate stuff to them Sitting there with my 0'd spread needle and LK38 combat letting him cheat and letting him and his friends plague the market... If I had known then what I do now I would have totally taken the screen shots, taken the logs and banned him and his idiot friends from the game... Perhaps a lot of things would have gone differently if I did...

Tell me your stories of things you regret doing? Always good to share past experiences.

• Like 2

I played version 1 on Dreamcast and got my purplenum HUmar Dookie up to level 100.  Traded with some folk to get reasonably well armed and was having a good time.  When version 2 came out I wasn't bothered about getting it at first but eventually more and more people were playing it online so I relented and bought a copy off ebay so I could join the new game types etc (the stores here were starting to flake on dreamcast by that point so didn't stock a lot of new releases)

Once I got my copy I converted my char over.  Obviously some of the items I had traded were hacked as they did not make it into the new game but the real kicker is that when I tried to go online whoever I had bought the game from hadn't disconnected their account from it so I couldn't do that either.  Tried to get in touch with ebay seller but no luck.

I think I grinded it out on solo to level 102 or something before I stopped playing.  Going back to offline just totally killed it for me.  Didn't touch the game again until I came here.  A lot has changed in 14 years :P

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, JanenbaDMS said:

I played version 1 on Dreamcast and got my purplenum HUmar Dookie up to level 100.  Traded with some folk to get reasonably well armed and was having a good time.  When version 2 came out I wasn't bothered about getting it at first but eventually more and more people were playing it online so I relented and bought a copy off ebay so I could join the new game types etc (the stores here were starting to flake on dreamcast by that point so didn't stock a lot of new releases)

Once I got my copy I converted my char over.  Obviously some of the items I had traded were hacked as they did not make it into the new game but the real kicker is that when I tried to go online whoever I had bought the game from hadn't disconnected their account from it so I couldn't do that either.  Tried to get in touch with ebay seller but no luck.

I think I grinded it out on solo to level 102 or something before I stopped playing.  Going back to offline just totally killed it for me.  Didn't touch the game again until I came here.  A lot has changed in 14 years :P

That'd break my heart if I couldn't play online with all my friends.

Lending things to people who aren't @mudkipzjm or @HHawk4, simply because I cannot remember who I lent said things to, and in turn, they are not my things anymore

Except you, Rhundal, if you see this. I remember you...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Auli'i said:

Lending things to people who aren't @mudkipzjm or @HHawk4, simply because I cannot remember who I lent said things to, and in turn, they are not my things anymore

Except you, Rhundal, if you see this. I remember you...

Not that I'd want you to lend things to me but I feel like it'd be kind of hard to not remember me :rf-08:

Probably trading away the 100 souls my friend gave me when she quit. What I ended up is only worth half the value and well trading away the only thing I had of hers was pretty shitty.

• Like 3

I regret logging onto @HHawk4's account to borrow his STA for me and RRR's first duo PPP.  I felt so dirty doing it. (I had permission, but still felt awful)

I regret never getting a wiggly wand.  I've pretty much given up on it at this point.

I regret leaving team Killswitch that one time I left it.

I regret running TTF, CCA, and RT while I was a low level.

I regret buying a sorcerer's cane.

I regret asking @Lone Ranger to help me hunt for RR.

I regret giving away my stack of hildablue heads.  Sorry, but I do.

I regret never playing things other than force before I burnt out.

I regret trying to write a mag feed plan AI.  I now know too much about mags to ever be interested in them again.

Edited by Lemon
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, mudkipzjm said:

Probably trading away the 100 souls my friend gave me when she quit. What I ended up is only worth half the value and well trading away the only thing I had of hers was pretty shitty.

:"L

Now that that's out of the way:

• I actually regret giving somebody a formal goodbye before the left
  • I actually regret waiting to do something about Aensland because now the team is dead with nearly a 0% chance of coming back
  • I actually regret taking breaks from this game because the motivation to come back is nonexistent

I can't think of much more right now, I'm also not dead in case you thought I was

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, KarmaTheFoney said:

:"L

Now that that's out of the way:

• I actually regret giving somebody a formal goodbye before the left
  • I actually regret waiting to do something about Aensland because now the team is dead with nearly a 0% chance of coming back
  • I actually regret taking breaks from this game because the motivation to come back is nonexistent

I can't think of much more right now, I'm also not dead in case you thought I was

Love you too <3

• Like 1