Mag feeding guide for ultima

trying to make a panzer tail, and every guide ive seen (2) the mag turns out f'd up before lvl 50 when i can feed it the panthers spirit.....

4 hours ago, thelionorion said:

If you're trying to make a single stat mag, you need an ashura mag cell. Use it on any lvl5 or lvl0 mag and feed it dimates for power or difluids for mind

i am, 2, but need that first.

Are you trying to make a 0mind panzer tail? to do that, you'll have to keep the dex relatively low, as you need it to be 25pow 25dex 5def 0 mind at level 55 to become a naga for panther's spirit. The foods do vary from 35-50 depending on whether you raised mag to level 10 with a ranger or with hu/fo (probably slightly easier on hu/fo if you don't mind not having estlla pb, as from 35-50 a mag that was raised to 10 by a ranger would need a ton of monomates at only +3gain each).

5-10: monomates
10-35: antidotes
35-50(hu/fo to lvl 10): Sol Atomizers (maybe a few antidotes for an extra level or two of dex for dex>pow evolution at 50)
35-50(ra to lvl 10): way, way too many monomates
49-50: evolve for twins. Dex>Pow>Mind options are Hunter Group A (viridia skyly purple red yellow) and Ranger Group B ids (green blue pink oran white). Pow>Dex>Mind option Ranger Group B ids (green blue pink oran white).
50-55: Feed to 25Pow 25Dex on Force Group A ids (viridia skyly purple red yellow) for Naga evolution.
55: Use Panther's Spirit on Naga.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Fyrewolf5 said:

Are you trying to make a 0mind panzer tail? to do that, you'll have to keep the dex relatively low, as you need it to be 25pow 25dex 5def 0 mind at level 55 to become a naga for panther's spirit. The foods do vary from 35-50 depending on whether you raised mag to level 10 with a ranger or with hu/fo (probably slightly easier on hu/fo if you don't mind not having estlla pb, as from 35-50 a mag that was raised to 10 by a ranger would need a ton of monomates at only +3gain each).

5-10: monomates
10-35: antidotes
35-50(hu/fo to lvl 10): Sol Atomizers (maybe a few antidotes for an extra level or two of dex for dex>pow evolution at 50)
35-50(ra to lvl 10): way, way too many monomates
49-50: evolve for twins. Dex>Pow>Mind options are Hunter Group A (viridia skyly purple red yellow) and Ranger Group B ids (green blue pink oran white). Pow>Dex>Mind option Ranger Group B ids (green blue pink oran white).
50-55: Feed to 25Pow 25Dex on Force Group A ids (viridia skyly purple red yellow) for Naga evolution.
55: Use Panther's Spirit on Naga.

is this the guide if it were being fed by a ranger? because thats what i am using, and yeah tell me about it, wayyyy to many monomates...

22 hours ago, Fyrewolf5 said:

The feeding charts are on pso-world are perfectly accurate, just don't trust the "how to raise a specific mag" guides on pso-world.

i dont agree. I just fed my 2 mags everything exactly, in the exact order, 2 get 3 mnd mags, and after all the feeding, im at lvl 33's and 10 def about to lvl, and dex is at 5, close to lvl'ing...

26 minutes ago, O9B066 said:

i dont agree. I just fed my 2 mags everything exactly, in the exact order, 2 get 3 mnd mags, and after all the feeding, im at lvl 33's and 10 def about to lvl, and dex is at 5, close to lvl'ing...

Specifically I mean this feeding chart here for regular mags: http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1021
And this one for the ep2 formula mags: http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1031

Are you doing a 185 mind mag?

The miniguide for standard lower dex pow mags i wrote is for any class, it just has a small divergance from 35-50 which is noted.

Edited by Fyrewolf5
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, O9B066 said:

Yes. I was using vulpes guide. I'm going to be starting power mags next so I'll try to find a better guide for that too. I'll look for yours. 

Yea, like I said, all of those "how to raise a specific mag guides" on pso-world aren't good. The only thing worth using are the feeding and evolution charts.
The easiest way to raise single stat mags is with the console mags (mark3>master system>genesis>saturn>dreamcast), elenor mag (ashura), or the ultima mag (ultima's engine). Mark3 has to be used on a baby mag lvl 5-9, and elenor and ultima are used on any mag, so you can easily make 195 stat mags with them (though the console mag will have no pb, and elenor/ultima will have 1 if you raise it to level 10 first). The highest a regular mag can get on power is 12def 188pow with bank/logoff trick (or 13def 187pow without since it's just a bit much, also it must be raised by ranger). If you want a single stat mag it'll be 100x easier to just use one of those mag cells I listed, way less of a headache.

• Like 1

No, in general once a mag goes rare it stays rare, aside from very few exceptions (later consoles on earlier ones, tablet on rukmin, amitie's memo on chu chu, elenor/ultima mag on any mag, heart of devil on devil wings for the tail, etc.)
If you truly want to raise it as a regular mag, then ranger to lvl 10 will get the highest single stat potential, and be sure you have plenty of ibuprofen on hand to withstand having to use the slowest possible foods of all.