Quick Event Poll - I'd like some feedback

kajex

1 minute ago, Auroboro said:

*COUGH* Sword of Ultima sound familiar to you? *COUGH*

You don't really seem to have any issue making hitless partisan weapons (a weapon which also has an srank variant) or are you only interested in weapons that best promote the glitching aspect? Because Sword of Ultima is just a special-less partisan weapon that you need to donate to get a special onto or wait to add hit to. 

Hypocrite, if you ask me.

Sword of Ultima special is added for free any time, you just have to talk to a gm. That's part of what's so special about it, you can make it something custom as soon as you get it.

^^^^^^ 

LOL... just LOL.

if I can put my two cents here without being trolled so I don't cry XD

id like to see weapons like crush bullet, bloody art, even dragon slayer be boosted or something so the majority of DFless community members can stop their crying that they don't have one or they have to wait until Christmas to get one. In schthack we had the rainbow, which was OP as hell for human hunters and needed no HP sacrifice so noobs can stay alive. Something cool like that, to counter the part where a person doesn't have a dark flow and feels useless.

anywho, my comment will be ignored or edited but I've said what I wanted to :cr-calm-down::cr-bad-luck:

19 minutes ago, Auroboro said:

*COUGH* Sword of Ultima sound familiar to you? *COUGH*

You don't really seem to have any issue making hitless partisan weapons (a weapon which also has an srank variant) or are you only interested in weapons that best promote the glitching aspect? Because Sword of Ultima is just a special-less partisan weapon that you need to donate to get a special onto or wait to add hit to. 

Hypocrite, if you ask me.

Read the event topic where we introduced sword of Ultima. Specials were always free on sword of Ultima. And anyone who knows me knows I want its stats raised. Keep talking to GMs this way if you want a warning. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Auroboro said:

Even with that, you're still a massive hypocrite.

Creating a special-less partisan weapon and then just claiming it's okay because you can ask to add special any time is hardly fixing it lol.

As I said, you shouldn't have to rely on weapons using a glitch to be good. Weapons being good should be a staple without a glitch. But you don't seem to think so because you're still too clouded by arbitrary efficiency.

I like your joke though Saith, telling TripleR that a sacrificial Last Swan is a joke. That's the real joke. Acting like it's so absurd that something even dare be remotely good or better for any single class or classes like Last Swan (when we have a saber weapon with spirit special that has more ATP than Dark freaking meteor... Okay, sure.) or other just as over powered things.

But you're okay with Psycho Ravens too, though, aren't you? 

This is making me mad. I'm leaving. 

1. I didn't make Sword of Ultima (I would like it to have more ata myself, I've never said it shouldn't).
2. It was created as a FREE custom weapon, always has been.
3. Sorry if you don't like that it's technically a glitch, but at this point it's far to late in pso life to change it, and for balancing items it does need to be taken into account. It's really not a bad thing that users with good execution can make a wider variety of attack combos useful.
4. There are already multiple sacrificial vanilla weapons with comparable atp than ultima's dark meteor.
5. Personally I think Psycho Ravens are too strong, but it's too late to change that now.
I don't like being called a hypocrite baselessly.
Final Warning man, no more off topic please.

@Starlord I actually really like those ideas a lot. I'd very much like to make an unreduced crush bullet for all casts (even hucast and hucaseal), a cool bloody dagger that isn't just lame reduced devil (a good multihit demon weapon is something lacking right now), and a nice dragon slayer reskin (perhaps Sil Dragon Slayer or Gol Dragon Slayer), it's far too neat of a weapon model for me to want leave alone (looks a lot like the Soul Edge as wielded by Nightmare). Thank you, those are some pretty neat ideas that I'd definitely like to see. A new sword would be kinda interesting, though real flowen's sword is quite powerful as a spirit option already.

3 minutes ago, yanvbraz said:

That's news for me about the Sword of Ultima. I was told like two or three times that GMs wouldn't add special to it unless you pay or in a "special adding" event, but now it is clearly said it is free to add specials to SoU... I'll try keeping this is mind.

And about the quests, idk, the staff can add as many as they want, but I only see people doing the same quest again and again and again. I don't get encouraged to try doing new things alone, and isn't easy to find partners for most of these brand new quests and even for the old ones that no one tries much. I think we maybe need mini-events to try encouraging people doing new things, like trying these new quests/new resources that are yet to be implemented on server, I never said Soly, kajex, Saith don't do interesting things to the community, I know there will be a lot more new things implemented, I'm just saying we maybe need that are not only focused in hunting items, but focused on gameplay, teamwork, doing cmode/bmode contests, increasing diversity. I know it's not guaranteed that it will "inspire" someone or prevent old players from leaving. I know everyone needs a break after that long event period. But after years some people will get all or majority of the things they were looking for, and grinding won't be a priority anymore. No point in hunting the same thing again and again. What I'm trying to suggest to sort some type of random prize system/mini-event to make some older players returning from time to time. Of course, there is no way to please everyone, it just to give more diversity, incentive old players to try new things.

Anyways, as everyone was warned, this is a discussion for Ideas to Improve the Server thread. I know there are lots of new things changing on server but I just tried to tell what I'm thinking, but well I'll respect the pool thing.

Thank you for being on topic.  :cc-in-love: I do have other mini event ideas to keep people doing different activities, and hope to implement them.  As for quests, I'd love some volunteers familiar with qedit.  I have a few interesting quest/reward ideas I'd like to try.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Fyrewolf5 said:

1. I didn't make Sword of Ultima (I would like it to have more ata myself, I've never said it shouldn't).
2. It was created as a FREE custom weapon, always has been.
3. Sorry if you don't like that it's technically a glitch, but at this point it's far to late in pso life to change it, and for balancing items it does need to be taken into account. It's really not a bad thing that users with good execution can make a wider variety of attack combos useful.
4. There are already multiple sacrificial vanilla weapons with comparable atp than ultima's dark meteor.
5. Personally I think Psycho Ravens are too strong, but it's too late to change that now.
I don't like being called a hypocrite baselessly.
Final Warning man, no more off topic please.

@Starlord I actually really like those ideas a lot. I'd very much like to make an unreduced crush bullet for all casts (even hucast and hucaseal), a cool bloody dagger that isn't just lame reduced devil (a good multihit demon weapon is something lacking right now), and a nice dragon slayer reskin (perhaps Sil Dragon Slayer or Gol Dragon Slayer), it's far too neat of a weapon model for me to want leave alone (looks a lot like the Soul Edge as wielded by Nightmare). Thank you, those are some pretty neat ideas that I'd definitely like to see. A new sword would be kinda interesting, though real flowen's sword is quite powerful as a spirit option already.

I had to pay 10 DTs to add the special to my SoU nobody told me it was free ever oO? Just now learning this :(

I still have it + the donation change back from when I had it added in december but I added hit then to so maybe it was free I don't know the overall cost...though so hard to know how it was broken down since it was in December.

I should also note HU needs more love here for gear on ultima ;)...Eh I will also say I think the GMs here do an amazing job regardless...and put so much effort and hard work into this community...I think a GM of the year award should exist...the community votes on who gets it each year...to thank them for all their hard work each year.

Edited by Ragol99

3 minutes ago, Ragol99 said:

I had to pay 10 DTs to add the special to my SoU nobody told me it was free ever oO? Just now learning this :(

When was this? Send me a PM / add me to relevant pm about it and I'll look into it, I don't see where it was done in your donation changes.

50 minutes ago, Starlord said:

^^^^^^ 

LOL... just LOL.

if I can put my two cents here without being trolled so I don't cry XD

id like to see weapons like crush bullet, bloody art, even dragon slayer be boosted or something so the majority of DFless community members can stop their crying that they don't have one or they have to wait until Christmas to get one. In schthack we had the rainbow, which was OP as hell for human hunters and needed no HP sacrifice so noobs can stay alive. Something cool like that, to counter the part where a person doesn't have a dark flow and feels useless.

anywho, my comment will be ignored or edited but I've said what I wanted to :cr-calm-down::cr-bad-luck:

Seriously tell me 100 souls isn't as powerful as Rainbow on Schthack.  xD  It's fewer targets but much higher atp.

We have at least four weapons that are almost broken in terms of being OP:

• 100 Souls
  • Psycho Raven
  • Lindcray
  • Asteron Striker

I'm not opposed to making more OP things provided each one has limited usefulness for certain situations as opposed to breaking the game like Dark Meteor.  I don't disagree with you on limited choices for multi-target ranger weapons though.  Vanilla pso had lots of choices that worked... Power maser, iron faust, etc.  The baranz mini event helps to diversify a bit, but I agree options for rangers could be fun.  

2 minutes ago, Fyrewolf5 said:

When was this? Send me a PM / add me to relevant pm about it and I'll look into it, I don't see where it was done in your donation changes.

Sent you a PM thanks!

36 minutes ago, kajex said:

As for quests, I'd love some volunteers familiar with qedit.  I have a few interesting quest/reward ideas I'd like to try.

OOOO PICK ME! I'll see how hard they are.  I might have time, i might not. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fyrewolf5 said:

If you want to go the route of complaining that green names and x5 have only been on during events...... well we have had non-stop events for a while, this is the first break in 4 months straight of events; Christmas(December) Anniversary (November) Halloween (October) Triforce (September). 4 months of events and x5 and green names were on plenty in that period of time. We need some downtime to recharge sometimes too, there are plenty of regular drops that people don't get chances to hunt because something special is always going on, now is a good time for people to go after those many, many things without feeling like they have to take advantage of some limited time x5 or rare monster or event drop.
Personally I'm not too keen on making a special-less slicer. Partly because it would take away from how good s-ranks are (and they are indeed plenty good enough; I've been able to freeze deldepths with a blizzard slicer before, and if that's not good enough, nothing is. Also Auroboro, having to do some different combos to do ata glitching is a moot point since it is literally the easiest weapon to do it with bc of the projectile speed, and s-ranks are literally the most diverse weapons already and encourage different combos styles to add to that. I'm not even going to dignify those ideas with a response either), and partly because if we were to make new slicer weapons, I would prefer ones with specific specials already on them and done in a different kind of way, rather than making users add a special to it (seems pretty mean to make everyone hunt a new special event weapon that does nothing without donating / waiting for mio to do his yasminkov event); new things should fill roles that are not currently being filled adequately by existing things. While I do want to do something for racaseal still, you really are underselling hucaseal and racaseal quite a bit (and forgetting about rambling may). Hucaseal is easily still a top tier class even with only having dual birds/ramblingmay for ranged high atp multihitters (last swan, charge vulcans, and me/mechs charge are more than good enough on her as is), and Racaseal has the highest ata of any class with yasminkov series of weapons, which is clearly the strongest mechgun already(as well as the best other ranged weapon types), due to her access to kroe's sweater and gratia.
Also, Last Swan with higher stats and sacrificial special, nice joke.

Anyways, seriously guys keep it ON TOPIC.
Kajex asked specific questions to be answered, let's stick to them please.

5x outside of event is, as I said, not as needed, and arguably best to have in event, to give people the chance to level a character for an id they might need, I should have just kept my mouth shut about that, and honestly, it was kind of self serving as I have a few characters to level :). However, green names is a problem, you can say as much as you like about how much we've had, that doesn't change that it is still durring events. You say it makes it hard for people to hunt for non-event things because green names is on, WELL, people tend to not hunt rare monster drops when there are event items that are most likely not coming around for another year if an event is running, I am not saying your point is not valid,  but I feel like you aren't taking everything into consideration. As far as overcrowding with things to do, I mean you know how I was at the start of last event, and the option to take a break is there for everyone. 

Humar, Hucast, Racast, Ramar with 415 atp mechguns with +80 grind, nice joke. Long range AOE demons and hell from typesh/shot, nice joke. Rifle range hell/charge/demons on yasminkov 9000, nice joke. 800-1200 atp SPIRIT rifle, nice joke. What I suggest is still not as powerful as those, but they also wouldn't be massively draining hp as you use them, maybe  zerk on a last swan is overkill, but I'm not underselling anything. Dual birds are not that great, last swan is basically a stun lock weapon if you have no SD, and rambling may is less effective than dual birds. Even Rage de Glace which is a great weapon, was denied to two classes who could make really good use of it. I've got a lot of time into Hucaseal, I know where they are lacking, sure, I can kill stuff in 2 combos with dual birds, with 100 stats... they drop blank, that's a big middle finger to anyone who wants to play that class. I don't understand how you don't see it being the #2 for areas that should be looked at improving(with number 1 being SOMETHING to fix the ugly Hunewearl unit setup). I mean you have a long time playing this game, what holes do you see for other classes that are worse these this ones, because every other class I play(except Hunewearl who is not so much weapon based as being locked in with 4 units) seems to be fairly air tight.

Also I am definately not against the idea of having specific slicers added,  it does allow them to be made to fit better into a niche rather than just one blanket thing that is OK for many specials. I was just throwing out an idea that would cover a lot of bases, also, foney can't use s-ranks which I found really disapointing as an arrest or geist s-rank would be nice. I suppose lowering atp required for s-rank slicers is also an option? although I think fomar would still be lacking the ata to make really good use of them. As far as how good they CAN be, hucaseal shouldn't even have the option of new slicers just for specials. I've been using s-rank slicers with that class a lot and there is no issues there, they clean up with them, but they have wonderful ata.

Also, I don't feel I am being that far off topic, it may not be from the poll but I've been talking to Kajex about these as well, this is a forum, if we aren't discussing ideas then we aren't making full use of it. I'm not trying to give the staff trouble here, if I didn't like this server I wouldn't put in the kind of time that I put into it, and I full well understand there is a lot of work being done, and I understand if things can't be done right away, but I don't like that you just try to reject what I am saying without a good reason:

"While I do want to do something for racaseal still"

"Racaseal has the highest ata of any class with yasminkov series of weapons, which is clearly the strongest mechgun already(as well as the best other ranged weapon types)"

You are basically saying that you still feel this needs improvement, although racaseal has access to ALL the same weapons you just listed for hucaseal, plus more with guld milla and yasminkovs etc., how is this a more pressing issue? Why, would you include one and not the other, I mean I see both as a problem, with it being worse for hucaseal than racaseal, mainly because an increased atp doesn't stack up as well as extremely effective ranged weapons like frozen shooter and yasminkovs. Could you please explain to me how you see it as a problem for one but not the other. 

With regards to adding a new mag, I've been saying for a long time that all those spare mags sitting in the pmt should really have something cool done with them, if for nothing else than just the sake of diversity. I'd really like to see less tellusis haha those ugly ass wind chimes.

Edit: Dude please Bloody Art are WAY too cool looking to go unloved, someone should make that a thing, I remember how badly I wanted chromatic orb to work on them hahaha

Edited by TripleR