Quick Event Poll - I'd like some feedback

kajex

Just now, Berrymilk said:

Guardian girth.. sounds familiar.. pso2..????????

yes both psobb and pso2 :)

Yea, to side with Yan, we definitely need to have something to do when there's no main events on. I've been saying this since when I joined last year. For people that already have a moderate amount of gear, there isn't really anything to hunt outside events, you're just stuck going for the stuff with stupid drop rates or doing ROCT/TA/C-mode. There should also be something to keep the older players around for longer. Once you have everything in the game, there's really nothing to play for besides helping newer players or getting more of the same item.

• Like 2

I agree with Yan but the issue is that trying to compare the rest of the GM staff with Cyane is like a complete disrespect to the other GM's... nobody could be as caring and interactive as Cyane was.

But this server's community is slowly dying. I think people are starting to finally see how little there is left to do in actuality and even during events people dont even hunt without HH (though this has been the case for years, it still shows how bland the game is to most people).

It's really sad to me that the little bit of active GM's we have left cant even seem to get enough of an effort to do consistent mini events. Kajex's was a good start and was cool, and I'm not saying I don't appreciate the work the GM's do, but with Cyane gone, we need some one else that's just as passionate that can fill her shoes.

Cant we do like a community vote to get some one that we trust and will always do good in the community to become the new active GM and create events for us? Because with our little population left and none of the GM's really playing, I haven't seen a GM on to do actual GM work or willing to help others do that work in like a month... THAT'S A BAD THING.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, yanvbraz said:

I agree with part of what you say @Misombre. People don't try to cooperate one with eachother, most people here only care about trades and locked rooms, we usually don't see trying to do meetings for doing quests, cmode, Time Attack (I really would like to see more people doing TA), a Leaderboard would be nice to motivate people cooperating.

I see videos on Youtube of people doing TA runs of many many different quests that we overlook. Ephinea, SCHT you can see a lot of people soloing,TA-ing, coperating because somehow they reward people or make people more motivated to do these sort of things. All I see lately is topics about trades, trading DM for DF, DF for DM, but it's sad because not many people try to cooperate for doing obscure quests. Even these new ones it's rare to find people willing to do it.

People don't move a finger to try doing something different, I remember when you did the Delsaber Gauntlet event. I can pretty much see where it failed: It happened when Haloween was happening, people were more focused on getting new items than doing something new.

I'm a bit sad because I see people with uber-gear leaving because after they are geared they don't find motivation to keep playing, or because there is no incentive like TA-events, competitiveness, etc.

PPP is a lot of fun quest, at least it was a quest that became popular :P

BBB well, maybe you could some type of reward to the winning team? I can see how PPP became popular, it was the PPP Mags. We need some sort of another cool thing to incentive people trying it, even a mini-event involving it.

Again, most people won't move a finger to try new quests if there's no reward/mini-event involving it.

I feel that mini-events lately are much focused on new players than making the veterans use their best gears/skills to achieve a goal. That's why I'm thinking of a sort of TA events like other servers have, Leaderboard (it's up to Larva/Soly to implement it), maybe battle mode mini-events (sadly I can't do much in bmode ;-;).

Off Topic:
Yea, as well noted part of the issue with doing that is that we can lead the horses to water, but we can't make them drink. There are a ton of interesting and unique quests around. How many people actually go and play things like Crysis en dos Tierras (any of the 3), or Lost Ice Spinner, or Phantasmal World (any of the 4), or Lost Havoc Vulcan, or Lost Devil Scepter, or Spring Cleaning, or Science Project, or Realms of War, or any of the Maximum Attacks (not just the 9 ma4 series, but also the 1, 2, 3, and S series)? Then there's also an issue of trying to make events that aren't exclusive to a select few players. We can add new quests still (Sylph please send in those quests I would very much like to see them), but there's no guarantee that just adding new quests or items or whatnot is what is going to inspire someone who has lost their passion to keep playing. Then there are also people who take breaks but come back to pso often (this is true for a large portion of the pso community everywhere); especially for this server after an event as major as christmas, there tends to be more people that go on break after having tunnel visioned on those big prizes and exhausted themselves. I've also seen plenty of people acquire that one big thing they never got on gamecube (such as dark meteor) and then decide they have done everything that want to do in pso without exploring the game any further. There's always been people that buy up all the gear they want in trades or whatnot and then quit because their goal is just to have stuff, not to actually use that stuff to PLAY the game. People have to decide for themselves how far their passion goes.

Anyways, let's try to keep this thread actually on topic, Kajex asked pretty specific questions to be answered.
I'd like to see MR/LS become a Permanent drop somewhere (among other things).
I'd like to create a new shield (if I can actually get anything interesting on it implemented, so much hardcoding on everything), or a couple new weapons among various weapon types.

• Like 1

- Id Cards Selection.

- This may be something silly to ask, but I would like to see possible change Red Ring colors and preserve the RR stats  (something like Halloween costumes). Not having to add skins for it.

@Eugene, i don't think anyone is really complaining about this being helpful for new people, but this is our first mini event in like, 5-6 months?  there were like 3-4 mini events in the few months before that. As far as mini-events go, and I think I brought this up to larva as well but we all know what he is like. Users interested in doing mini-events should be able to get help from staff regarding what is a good time to begin event(as in, is a server event going to start while this is running, and making sure people don't start happy hours durring when they are trying to run event, since these things make events events a real bitch to do)

That's not to start on how horrid the timing of 5x and green names have been as of late, ONLY during events, which is the worst possible time to do them, 5x is not really as needed but there should at least be green names outside of server events. Hunting materials without them is nearly impossible and pointless if you have a goal of profit, unless you want to start seeing mats going 2-3:1 pd then that should really change, not to mention it being a GREAT way for new people to get ahead quickly that is being totally denied to them. The first time I ever made a decent amount of pds on this server was hunting power/mind/hp materials, and I know it's been the same for many people here. 

As far as events go I think adding drops for items that are unobtainable with stats is really a great idea, also throwing in claires deal items maybe from rare monsters. Also regardless of how many gm's think it isn't needed, I highly recommend you go play using a last swan, dual birds, and charge vulcan/yasminkov with max stats on the test server as hucaseal or racaseal, solo, then tell me they don't need something at least a bit better. I tested master raven, and even locked it blows them all out of the water, especially with a cent/battle, I am not saying they need some psycho raven strong gun(because it's atp should be cut in half anyway if it's going to have such high grind). I have put in a lot of thought into this, and originally I had said that making last swan have a good special makes it too powerful, however, I then played on rangers using charge/demon yasminkov, which are not only brokenly strong but also rifle range on the highest ata classes in the game. I would recommend making a berzerk last swan-type weapon with slightly more atp(maybe 150?) and 40-50 ata. Hucaseal and Racaseal only, because with 20 shifta deband, and jellen zalure I think it would be far too strong on huney and ramarl, with them also having better options without this item.

Another thing that is not currently in the game that I think would be extremely versatile would be a special-less slicer weapon. Yes I know s-ranks work very well for this, and when playing as a Hucaseal, hell yeah, I love them. Huney/Humar/Hucast and literally every force, are not nearly as impressive because they lack the ata needed to effectively use the weapon, and no relying solely on special normal glitching is really not effective use. We even have a really great looking model that is currently used for Slicer of Assassin, that would be great to base a new slicer from, I mean that thing looks sick. Gush, geist, arrest, hell, arrest, blizzard, there are just so many specials that work great on slicers, and it's not like I am suggesting something that is game breaking here, all it really does is give forces and hunters an option similar to what the typesh/shot can do for a ranger. I actually prioritize this above a better gun for Hu/Racaseal, I mean the utility here is just insane.

Edited by TripleR
  • Like 4

21 minutes ago, TripleR said:

and it's not like I am suggesting something that is game breaking here, all it really does is give forces and hunters an option similar to what the typesh/shot can do for a ranger. 

I mean they did create Slicer of Vengeance which has charge on it (come on guys... really???) so I'm quite sure adding in another slicer with a slightly different or more diverse special is considered breaking anything in my book.

Also I can smell Saith typing out a response for special/normal glitching a mile away so let me just say that you shouldn't ever have to rely on glitches for any weapon to become viable with any class. That's something I believe a lot of people have been thinking lately. Make us diverse weapons.  Make us something cool!! It doesn't have to be the most over powered weapon in the world you know... make us a slicer weapon that has 0 ATP but has a grind of 250, or make us a shot weapon that has 0 ata stat but has well over 5000 atp so it almost never hits but when it does, you hit like a truck... or make a  shield that when worn makes you invisible but only when in caves... or make an armor that when worn at a certain beat time in the game bumps up all your stats by 100 over max but on every other beat time it reduced them all by 100... (SPITBALLED IDEAS DONT FREAK OUT AT ME)

This game needs diversity. People are way too concerned with effectiveness on this game and what's optimal when this game is over 17 years old. At this point in the game's life span we should be less and less concerned about what's optimal and effective and more interested in diversifying the game's load outs in funny and inventive ways... This game has stopped being creative for the majority of the time for a looong ass time. 

• Like 1

To all of the people who just commented in here to complain about the server dying, bear in mind that PSO is about 17 years old now, and we still have a high player base considering how ancient the game itself is.  There's a reason for this.  We listen to the community and try to keep the staff involved in making the game enjoyable.  There is nothing going on currently to keep collectors hunting.  But there is a poll and upcoming things to look forward to.  This should be a clue to you that we are listening and planning on adding new features.  If you wish to just complain that the game is dying, please go find a different game to play rather than venting your frustrations that a 17 year old game is no longer interesting to you.  There's a reason for this.  It's called age.

To everyone else, we are listening.  Soly is continuing to work on countless new features and is always in the middle of some project to make the server better.  To say that there are no active GMs helping the server is totally shitting on all the countless hours he puts in behind the scene adding new features that make this server a fun place to be a part of.  I know most of you appreciate these efforts, and this is what keeps us going.

There are a few things to look foward to besides just events.  One is a potential change that the community asked for with regards to happy hours being evenly distributed across all time zones.  It's a lot more than that because Soly never does anything half assed.  I'm quite excited for the implications of what he is attempting to do.  It's something no private server has attempted before.  I won't say more until we know for sure what he's capable of doing.  I will just say it's awesome.

We all miss cyane, but please stop saying there are no active GMs when I have literally been on for hours and hours doing nothing more than redeeming items in a mini event that has gone on far longer than any we have done in the past.  

For now, please answer the questions in this poll.  We are paying attention to the results.  

• Like 7

23 minutes ago, TripleR said:

@Eugene, i don't think anyone is really complaining about this being helpful for new people, but this is our first mini event in like, 5-6 months?  there were like 3-4 mini events in the few months before that. As far as mini-events go, and I think I brought this up to larva as well but we all know what he is like. Users interested in doing mini-events should be able to get help from staff regarding what is a good time to begin event(as in, is a server event going to start while this is running, and making sure people don't start happy hours durring when they are trying to run event, since these things make events events a real bitch to do)

That's not to start on how horrid the timing of 5x and green names have been as of late, ONLY during events, which is the worst possible time to do them, 5x is not really as needed but there should at least be green names outside of server events. Hunting materials without them is nearly impossible and pointless if you have a goal of profit, unless you want to start seeing mats going 2-3:1 pd then that should really change, not to mention it being a GREAT way for new people to get ahead quickly that is being totally denied to them. The first time I ever made a decent amount of pds on this server was hunting power/mind/hp materials, and I know it's been the same for many people here. 

As far as events go I think adding drops for items that are unobtainable with stats is really a great idea, also throwing in claires deal items maybe from rare monsters. Also regardless of how many gm's think it isn't needed, I highly recommend you go play using a last swan, dual birds, and charge vulcan/yasminkov with max stats on the test server as hucaseal or racaseal, solo, then tell me they don't need something at least a bit better. I tested master raven, and even locked it blows them all out of the water, especially with a cent/battle, I am not saying they need some psycho raven strong gun(because it's atp should be cut in half anyway if it's going to have such high grind). I have put in a lot of thought into this, and originally I had said that making last swan have a good special makes it too powerful, however, I then played on rangers using charge/demon yasminkov, which are not only brokenly strong but also rifle range on the highest ata classes in the game. I would recommend making a berzerk last swan-type weapon with slightly more atp(maybe 150?) and 40-50 ata. Hucaseal and Racaseal only, because with 20 shifta deband, and jellen zalure I think it would be far too strong on huney and ramarl, with them also having better options without this item.

Another thing that is not currently in the game that I think would be extremely versatile would be a special-less slicer weapon. Yes I know s-ranks work very well for this, and when playing as a Hucaseal, hell yeah, I love them. Huney/Humar/Hucast and literally every force, are not nearly as impressive because they lack the ata needed to effectively use the weapon, and no relying solely on special normal glitching is really not effective use. We even have a really great looking model that is currently used for Slicer of Assassin, that would be great to base a new slicer from, I mean that thing looks sick. Gush, geist, arrest, hell, arrest, blizzard, there are just so many specials that work great on slicers, and it's not like I am suggesting something that is game breaking here, all it really does is give forces and hunters an option similar to what the typesh/shot can do for a ranger. 

If you want to go the route of complaining that green names and x5 have only been on during events...... well we have had non-stop events for a while, this is the first break in 4 months straight of events; Christmas(December) Anniversary (November) Halloween (October) Triforce (September). 4 months of events and x5 and green names were on plenty in that period of time. We need some downtime to recharge sometimes too, there are plenty of regular drops that people don't get chances to hunt because something special is always going on, now is a good time for people to go after those many, many things without feeling like they have to take advantage of some limited time x5 or rare monster or event drop.
Personally I'm not too keen on making a special-less slicer. Partly because it would take away from how good s-ranks are (and they are indeed plenty good enough; I've been able to freeze deldepths with a blizzard slicer before, and if that's not good enough, nothing is. Also Auroboro, having to do some different combos to do ata glitching is a moot point since it is literally the easiest weapon to do it with bc of the projectile speed, and s-ranks are literally the most diverse weapons already and encourage different combos styles to add to that. I'm not even going to dignify those ideas with a response either), and partly because if we were to make new slicer weapons, I would prefer ones with specific specials already on them and done in a different kind of way, rather than making users add a special to it (seems pretty mean to make everyone hunt a new special event weapon that does nothing without donating / waiting for mio to do his yasminkov event); new things should fill roles that are not currently being filled adequately by existing things. While I do want to do something for racaseal still, you really are underselling hucaseal and racaseal quite a bit (and forgetting about rambling may). Hucaseal is easily still a top tier class even with only having dual birds/ramblingmay for ranged high atp multihitters (last swan, charge vulcans, and me/mechs charge are more than good enough on her as is), and Racaseal has the highest ata of any class with yasminkov series of weapons, which is clearly the strongest mechgun already(as well as the best other ranged weapon types), due to her access to kroe's sweater and gratia.
Also, Last Swan with higher stats and sacrificial special, nice joke.

Anyways, seriously guys keep it ON TOPIC.
Kajex asked specific questions to be answered, let's stick to them please.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Fyrewolf5 said:

(seems pretty mean to make everyone hunt a new special event weapon that does nothing without donating / waiting for mio to do his yasminkov event)

*COUGH* Sword of Ultima sound familiar to you? *COUGH*

You don't really seem to have any issue making hitless partisan weapons (a weapon which also has an srank variant) or are you only interested in weapons that best promote the glitching aspect? Because Sword of Ultima is just a special-less partisan weapon that you need to donate to get a special onto or wait to add hit to. 

Hypocrite, if you ask me.