Questions after research

I have done some research, i haven't played this game since Dreamcast days, but then was never to in depth and gave up cuz of all the PK'ing, and NOL'ing. I have 3 characters now, and am very interested in this game like no other game i have played. I did alot of reading, for things i want for each charactor, but came up with some info, that sucked if true.... ill try to simplify this, any help is greatly appreciated.

First, like my username here, all 3 charactors are names o(b0666 to make it easy and people i play with recognize me, which eveidently f'd me....

1. For my ranger, for example i am looking for 4 weapons, 2 for this question, spread needle, and snow queen. i read a ranger guide (not saying its true but depending on your ID is if these weapons will drop, my ranger ID is v something? neither of these weapons will drop for my ID as i read, is this true?

2. My force is a fornwell or something sorry dont remember the spelling, i want cell of mag 502, but according to this guide, will not drop for me in VHard in the forest as it should, where will it drop and for what ID's? I want to make a soniti mag, preferably 2, pwr and mnd.

3. I want to build enough gear and my mag before i really get going with my ranger so it's effecient as can be, its lvl 29 now, pwr mag is going to end up 185 pwr, 12 def, 3 dex, im trying to use my high level strong force 116, to farm stuff for this, but according to this thing, weapons wont drop to a force that i can or will use for a ranger?

I dont mind loosing 29 lvls and making a new ranger if i need a new section ID for them drops, but prefer not, i used 47 pwr mats on it which will be the true loss. Will i be able to acquire what i want with a non class or ID character, or do i need to remake each character into the name which will generate the according Section ID for me to get the things i want to build my characters?

Also, with lvl 30 disks, i read my class wont be able to find alot of em, i need a different class force, what gives? im currently looking for lvl 20+ techs for my force so i can farm stuff for my ranger and force more alone so im stronger to do it, or am i wasting time here, and need to recreate these?

thanks for the help, sorry for spelling, in a hurry wifes home for the day trying to spend a day with her finally.

1. For my ranger, for example i am looking for 4 weapons, 2 for this question, spread needle, and snow queen. i read a ranger guide (not saying its true but depending on your ID is if these weapons will drop, my ranger ID is v something? neither of these weapons will drop for my ID as i read, is this true? 

Assuming you mean viridia, then yea spread needle won't drop. You can't find snow queen though, you make it from Frozen shooter, but yea I don't think that drops of viridia either.

2. My force is a fornwell or something sorry dont remember the spelling, i want cell of mag 502, but according to this guide, will not drop for me in VHard in the forest as it should, where will it drop and for what ID's? I want to make a soniti mag, preferably 2, pwr and mnd.

You get it from doing the Sunset base quest, which there's a guide for somewhere on the forum.

3. I want to build enough gear and my mag before i really get going with my ranger so it's effecient as can be, its lvl 29 now, pwr mag is going to end up 185 pwr, 12 def, 3 dex, im trying to use my high level strong force 116, to farm stuff for this, but according to this thing, weapons wont drop to a force that i can or will use for a ranger?

Not quite sure what you're asking here tbh.

I dont mind loosing 29 lvls and making a new ranger if i need a new section ID for them drops, but prefer not, i used 47 pwr mats on it which will be the true loss. Will i be able to acquire what i want with a non class or ID character, or do i need to remake each character into the name which will generate the according Section ID for me to get the things i want to build my characters?

If you really wanted to, you could just redeem 10 dts for an ID change, but if you're cheep like me, then remaking for the ID or just making a new character all together wou;d be the best route.

Also, with lvl 30 disks, i read my class wont be able to find alot of em, i need a different class force, what gives? im currently looking for lvl 20+ techs for my force so i can farm stuff for my ranger and force more alone so im stronger to do it, or am i wasting time here, and need to recreate these? Techs aren't that expensive for level 29. Support techs usually go for 1-2 pds for level 30 but attack techs in level 30 will be a bit more expensive. I'd suggest this though over remaking a character.

Hey there! I haven't played in forever too! You can use a frozen shooter+ another item and it makes a snow queen. I don't know what that item is though. I think it's a photon booster? My I'd finds frozen shooters so easily and I'm willing to give you a frozen shooter for free! 

My in game name is Malak or Zanmato. 

1. Drops are based on the Room Leader's Section ID. Monsters always have the same rare drop for a specific ID and difficulty level. Therefore, an ep1 Ultimate Hildetorr on Viridia will always drop a Red Saber 1/2, whereas on Purplenum, Whitill, Yellowboze, and Greenil will drop a Frozen Shooter 1/2 (the base for snow queen, which btw is not worth making, frozen shooter alone is much better) from that same monster. Since the drop is based on the room leader, you can team up with others who have the id you need, or you can create multiple accounts with which to host rooms on certain ids, or you can trade for the items you can't get yourself. Help is always available if you ask for it.

2. Cell of Mag 502 can obtained in 2 ways, from Jack o' Lanterns or via a quest reward from -AOL CUP- Sunset Base for completing the rappy couples' love sidestory. The second method can be done on any difficulty except for normal I believe(there are no enemies to fight though anyway), and it must be done solo as the 1st player position. Here is a nice guide with pictures: https://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/topic/2576-how-to-obtain-cell-of-mag-502/

3. A high power mag is useful in lower difficulties, but once you hit Ultimate difficulty, accuracy will become a huge concern. It you miss, then your damage is 0 anyway. Consider having another mag with 45-70dex on it while leveling up through ultimate, and ask around if anyone can get you some heavenly/arms (25ata, basically free with how easy they are to get). Normally people do things the other way around, use a ranger to farm up gear for their force, as for a force playing anything other than pure support is highly reliant on levels and gear, especially for a fonewearl (newmans have slow growth rates and large base-max differences, but have very high potential maxes when they get there). 47 power mats is really not a lot, this server often has rare monster boost events (signified by green names) which makes it easy to hunt materials in normal (greenil ep1 hildeblue 7/8 power mat), you can hunt 99 in 30minutes with green names on, remaking is not that big a deal. The Section ID you get is based on the Name of your character, so there are section id calculators out there to help determine what you will get ( http://www.pso-world.com/secid_BB.php ); also, the 10th letter does not show up in game, so you could name yourself something like "o9b1922 E" and it will just show as "o9b1922 " in game. Level 30 attack techniques are pretty rare, though you can find 30 supports. 29 techniques are usually good enough, and there are other ways to boost technique levels, such as with a god/technique or the server exclusive Hylian Shield, which both provides good attack tech bonuses and +1 techlevels. However, be aware that attack magic is generally pretty weak in ultimate. In some specific areas while soloing (ep4, early ep1), it can be useful, but attack techniques are more for utility than damage, especially in teamplay where they will just cause a lot of issues and actually harm more than they help, though support techniques are nearly always relevant.

Welcome to Ultima Server! I hope you enjoy your time playing here.

Edited by Fyrewolf5
  • Like 1

hii i think this would be usefull :P

Spread needle drops with the purple monsters of ruins in ultimate ep 1 i think they're called merlan and drops with purple id

Frozen shooter drops with Purplenum ID- Hidelbear - Ultimate - EP 1 you should do the first part of ttf ultima ( don't kill the dragon ) and repeat 

Photon booster ... 

i asume you're saying , What's a photon booster?

Answer : a photon booster  can be mixed with some weapons example :

Panzer Faust - Frozen Shooter and another 2 

to make 

Iron faust - Snow Queen .

How u can get Photon booster? 

simple ,, if u have 50 pds make a room  episode 2 any dficulty  and normal mode ,

after u do this , talk with the girl of hunters guild

the girl will  give an list of  many types of quest ,you need to choose  Shop Quest  after u select gallons shop  and run it .

now  the quest is running and u're in pioneer  at hunter's guild seccion . u need to walk  to the down part of pioneer , after go and  talk with the gallons child ( bluefull fonewm ) 

u need to have the 50 pds in inventory ,  and the gallons child will talk to u about him dad shop and will 

And will offer to go to her ,  now u're in gallon's shop and what u need is talk with gallons and selec the option buy i think  , he will offer many things like blue barrier etc , but all you need is photon  booster , you should select the option No thanks to the items you dont need ,

if finally he decide to offer the photon booster click the option yes i want  and u finally will have the wished photon booster :) 

now wear the Frozen shooter ( preferable with hight hit and full grinded ) and use the wished photon booster ,,, Now u finally can enjoy freezing all the mobs with you New Snow Queen :)

regards!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fyrewolf5 said:

snow queen, which btw is not worth making, frozen shooter alone is much better)

Objection! If you can afford it, the answer is to have both, especially if you manage to catch a hit event ... In some quests (in areas where the enemies don't have uber high EVP) like IDS or HOD I much prefer having dat 70h Snow Queen ...

Of course, you should get a high hit Frozen Shooter first.

It seems to me that the drop table you're looking at is inaccurate. There's an All-in-One drop table for this server, located at the top right of any of the forum pages.

It shows what IDs drop what from every monster/creature/thing on every difficulty and every episode.

Also, as Saith said, I'd suggest using a mag with stats 5/150/45/0 or 5/125/70 for your RAmar. PM me if you want a guide on how to make either of those mags

• Like 1