Items to hunt as newbie?

As of now, I have a FOmar around lv 110 or so.  I basically have nothing useful beyond basic trash rares, i.e. elemental wands, charge mechgun with 30% hit, low defense armor/shields, and low tech lvls.  I do have a rainbow baton though, as well as heavenly/battle and v801.  That's probably the extent of my items.  I go in trading rooms and see things like 50 hit Excals, Dark bridge, Girasoles, and a bunch of other stuff that is far beyond my own abilities.

I'm Whitill if that matters.  Right now, doing any kind of solo in ult is out of the question, and in groups, all I can really do is Zalure/Jellen and then resta/shifta/deband/rabarta since I don't want to damage cancel with my low dmg techs and such, and my weapons are nowhere near good enough to contribute to a group.  I thought about hunting a glide divine, but not sure how useful that would be.

I haven't really felt like I've made any progress on my character, and I've been out of the loop for a long time.  I've played this game forever, but never had a 'strong' character.  I do enjoy challenge mode a lot though - are there any S-ranks that are viable on FOmar, or does the lack of hit% make them useless on this character?

I don't really know where to start, I feel kind of useless in groups since I die all the time and my techs are too low to be useful.  I am also broke, so DTs are out of the question for me.

Any ideas on weapons to make me competent in ult that I would be able to farm at the moment?

Edited by redyoshi

Glide divine will surely help you and your team out.

I'd also go for a good demon weapon (slicer of fanatic and alike should be affordable even without hit to start with). 

You can always ask others to host a room real quick to get the item you want. Cane of PakuPaku drops from a few ids and when it's changed to Chao Striker, it boosts SD.

Actually the elemental wands are a great starting point for attack based force techniques. I would keep them and use them a lot until you get pwand or something more powerful.

Double Saber with around 50+ hit is a good item to try and get. Double Saber drops on hard mode on some select ID's, it's not so much a good beat stick for Forces what with all the other good options out there but it works as a good way to get your TP back, it has Geist special which restores your TP per hit, 75 TP I think to be exact. Good to keep your TP in the highs.

Merges are another good options though I don't know when they drop. The recent Red Merge from xmas dropped, I'd try to get a hold of that.

There are lots of really good shields and armors that are great for your character as well that you can get early on.

Glide Divine - boosts jellen/zalure range, 15 all resists, if held onto for 10mins continuously it gains a use option to refill all tp and drop to 1 hp, vhard Sand Rappy ep4 1/2000 white green viridia purple pinkal redria. quest: Event > Maximum Attack 4 (any of those 3), kill first 12 rappys then reset

Branch of PakuPaku / Striker of Chao - Boosts shifta/deband range (pakupaku can be made into striker in TTF), Al Rappy 7/8 hard Bluefull Pinkal, 7/8 vhard yellow, pouilly slime 7/8 hard purplenum (wrath of forest for rappy, today's rate for slimes to split)

Slicer of Fanatic - Demon Slicer, can be used with SN glitching well even no hit, black paper deal 1 vhard Zu route (for blank one), ultimate goran detonator 1/182 green purple oran (lost son hopkins first room).

Bringer's Rifle - Demon Rifle, can get 50hit with photon crystals like other enemy part weapons. Bringer's Right Arm - ultimate chaos bringer 1/358 purple green viridia pink yellow (10-15pds for arm, 25-35pd for 50hit rifle), not great to hunt as a newbie per se as most ideal hunts are difficult but rather just a great weapon for newbie.

Three Seals - 33allresist shield (33dfp 33evp lv33), 25% ra tech boost, vhard delbiter 1/232 skyly/redria (lost chaos calibur)

Resta Merge - Christmas event drop over, but perhaps someone has an extra one laying around, should be cheap 1-10pds
Girasole - Christmas event drop over, but perhaps someone has an extra one laying around that they'll part with for 10-30pds
Godric's Cloak - summer event vhard drop, perhaps someone has an extra one laying around that they'll part with for 10-15pds

There are a lot of other things I could list, but I just wanted to say a few low difficulty/cost but still useful things. Demons special does not care about atp, so it works even at low levels to contribute. Glide Divine lets you tag an entire room with debuffs easily. S/D range is not as important for fomar as he has a natural boost for it, but it can help. The dfp/evp on three seals may be low, but its elemental resists are top notch. Resta Merge will go a long way to help you heal teammates (valentines event Lindcray and Rico's Parasol are coming up soon too). Girasole is among the stronger doublesabers you could wield, though at higher levels you may opt for excalibur or other weapons instead if you choose. Godric's Cloak gives 30 all stats, including ata and atp over max. If you can manage to acquire a hylian shield in a trade (triforce event, 99+pds or 15dts) and maybe a psycho wand (ultimate, 1/1000 purple mil lily, 1/900 whitill del lily), then the grants boost could help you do some crater ep4 hunting in ma4dmd with hiding behind the rock and kiling all the mobs (can acquire some good stuff depending on id, like mother garb+ pinkal, lame d'argent skyly oran, v502 oran, kroe's sweater yellow, rage de feu hit, v101, etc.). You are still only level 110 though, so even if you did acquire powerful weapons like excalibur you would still need a lot more levels/stats to use them effectively. Perhaps you should focus on getting some more exp / maglevels and some of the listed support and demon's gear (demon's does not care about your atp, since it does -75% current monster hp damage) to help out your teams better, and don't be shy about teaming up with others, there are a lot of great friendly people on the server willing to help out.