Hello Everyone!

lenzau

Hi there.

My name is Lenz, and my sister and I just started on this server.  My characters name is Gear.. a HUcast, and my sisters character is KayLeMoyn, a FOnewearl.  Maybe you've seen us around.

We are having a lot of fun.  We played PSO a lot as a kid, but primarily offline on the Gamecube, as the servers had shutdown by the time we got the game.  I played on a Private Server for a little bit and thought it was pretty fun.  Years later, now we are here.

I hope it's OK if I ask a few newbie questions.  I've done a lot of reading on the forums to see the changes from the base game and how things work, but I'm still a newbie in some respects.

1.  When do you starting getting Technique drops above Level 15?  We have just broke level 100 and my sister's FOnewearl is feeling not as strong as my HUcast.  She spends a lot of time supporting which is what I read she should do.  Not a problem.  I want to help her get deeper into it, but have no idea where the items drop that she needs.  Can someone shed some light on that?

2.  As a HUcast I've been pretty much taking whatever I get and throwing it on.   I don't feel as powerful as some of the people that join my game, but I'm getting there :)  Are there any tips for what I should be looking to equip?

3.  Any other tips for new players that you can think of?  I'm all ears.  This game is one of my favorites, and my eyes are being opened to how expansive the game is multiplayer wise, and also I'm impressed with the amount of additional content that can be added!  Feel free to give me advice!

Some additional information.  My Section ID is Redria, and my sister's is Bluefull.  I'm Lv. 105 and she is Lv.102.   Thanks for the 5x Event!

Hey there , glad to have you two join us and I hope you continue to enjoy your time as part of the Ultima community~

Welcome to Ultima! I'll answer your questions in order with a few of my personal tips and knowledge!

1. Techniques drop somewhat frequently in Episode 1 Ultimate but at a rate which I could not say; as Soly said, they are tool items and tool items drop less frequently than other items do. However, in Episode 1 Ultimate you should have no issues finding techniques at least level 20 and above as most techniques that drop in Ultimate tend to be lvl 20 and above depending on the area.

2. Make full use of your traps when soloing or with your sister!! Traps are absolutely the most useful tool for aspiring HUcasts looking to be efficient in both solo play and group play. Make full use of freeze traps, confuse traps, and damage traps. A little bit of knowledge you may not already know yet, Episode 1 and 4 enemies have a very strange weakness to fire; damage traps do fire damage when they hit enemies so they naturally do a good chunk of damage to a lot of dudes. I'd definitely incorporate some form trap combo system where you lie down a freeze trap and then a damage trap right after. Episode 2 enemies are not nearly as weak to damage traps as episode 1 and 4 enemies, so try and incorporate some cool combos. As for weapons, I'd definitely try to pick up some twin swords or double sabers/daggers, those end up being the bulk of your single target damage and I'd try and get something like Zanba, Chain Sawd, Red Sword, and Red Handgun much quicker. Your ID is Redria, so you can get Red Handgun from Pal Rappies quite easily, your sisters ID is Bluefull, which can drop Imperial Pick from Tollaw's in Forest 1 on Ultimate, which is a great starter Partisan weapon for you. Redria also drops God/Battle from Hildelts in Forest 2 and if you guys have enough time on your hands, your sisters Bluefull ID drops a Heaven's Punisher (Ranger only) weapon from Hildetorr's (the rare Hildelt) at a somewhat difficult rate but you can get it to sell for other stuff.

3. Max out your stats wisely. Focus your materials on stats that matter most to your class. Your sister, if she's thinking of entering a purely support/mage role should focus her materials on Mind primarily, you should definitely focus your materials on a mix of Luck and Power, while also making sure you have a mag that has the baseline ATA stat requirement. As a HUcast, your ATA stat is key to you dealing damage; in fact, I would worry a lot less about the ATP value you have and direct all your attention to making sure your ATA stat is maxed as you wont be able to hit anything in Ultimate with low ATA. Don't pool all your mag points into DEX but don't neglect it either. There are plenty of build guides on Ultima around HUcast. What mats to use, how many, how to build your mag, etc. All characters on Ultima got a stat boost of +100 to their max ATP stat and +10 to their max ATA stat. So instead of maxing HUcast ATP at 16xx you max it out at 17xx which is a big boost.

If you need any more help, you can find me on or message me on forums for help. I have a ton of spare Heavenly/power units and arms available for you to use and I have spare techniques I collect for your sister to use. I'll be glad to help you get gear and give you some essentials to make your life easier. Hope you enjoy your stay.

• Like 1

Thank you for the replies everyone!

We'll definitely be putting some of your advice to work this evening.  We haven't stepped foot in Ultimate yet, but maybe we should to start acquiring those spells

Something I didn't really take into consideration was the maxing of stats, we haven't used any materials yet and we've just been saving them.  Mag wise I'm using a Diwari I raised that is currently 166 with 5/93/68/0 stats.  Was planning on getting POW to 95 and DEX to 100, but maybe that's too much POW?  Not sure.  My sister is using a Sato I raised for her that is probably around the 120s with 5/0/50/70, but I wasn't exactly sure how to raise it, and might need to raise a new one (*groan* Raising mags kinda sucks).

We tend to play in the evenings, EST.  Hopefully we see some of you around.

34 minutes ago, lenzau said:

Thank you for the replies everyone!

We'll definitely be putting some of your advice to work this evening.  We haven't stepped foot in Ultimate yet, but maybe we should to start acquiring those spells

Something I didn't really take into consideration was the maxing of stats, we haven't used any materials yet and we've just been saving them.  Mag wise I'm using a Diwari I raised that is currently 166 with 5/93/68/0 stats.  Was planning on getting POW to 95 and DEX to 100, but maybe that's too much POW?  Not sure.  My sister is using a Sato I raised for her that is probably around the 120s with 5/0/50/70, but I wasn't exactly sure how to raise it, and might need to raise a new one (*groan* Raising mags kinda sucks).

We tend to play in the evenings, EST.  Hopefully we see some of you around.

I would only go to about 75 DEX and the rest in POW I believe is the HUcast stat for DEX on mags.

Hello and welcome to Ultima!

Auroboro seemed to cover HUcast pretty well, and although I don't play FOnewearl I do play FOmarl quite a bit.  I tend to play support or battle force (pew pewing things), so I'll drop what I know about those. In general, as a force you'll want to pick weapons based on their special abilities and not stats.  Most stats are not useful on force and can be ignored.

Support:

You'll want to get a Glide Divine.  You can buy them for 15pd, or hunt them on Redria ep4 Sand Rappy at 1⁄2048.  Glide Divine increases the range of Jellen and Zalure.  Really the only other item you then need is a Marina's Bag, or Tirell's Gift Parasale for Resta\Anti Range.  Playing support Force, the only spells you care about are anti, Reverser, Resta, Jellen, Zalure, Shifta, and Deband.  This is a really good way to start playing FO because of the cheap setup.  Most level 30 support spells go for under 5pd each, anti level 7 maybe 3pd and you're being cheated if someone wants something for Resta level 30 or Reverser. 

As support FO, your main job is to make sure people don't die, including yourself.  You'll want to become familiar with monster attack patterns and group or spread mobs depending on your party composition.  Most of the skill involved with Support FO is knowing when people need something and when they don't without them asking, as well as knowledge of spell range.  For example, Shifta\Deband level 30 lasts for 5:30min.  Knowing when you need to recast them allows you to position yourself so that your range hits them all.  Then knowing which one to cast first.  Also as the support it is your job to keep people the health they want to be at.  If someone is using Dark Flow in your game, you need to position yourself out of resta range of them so you don't accidentally heal them.  It is smart to carry Trimates for when this is not possible.

Battle Force:

Battle FO Is kind of a support force that is more geared towards doing damage.  It is still your job to cast Shifta and Deband, Jellen and Zalure.  But you are no longer casting Resta and Anti for everyone.  Instead, you are utilizing weapons to help weaken the monsters.  In this role, you will need a good Demon's type weapon.  When not casting support spells, you'll be cutting enemy HP or casting Rabarta\Razonde to stun lock or freeze enemy mobs.

I hope this helps.  Also, let me know when you are online.  I have some stuff clogging my bank that your sister might be interested in having.

39 minutes ago, Auroboro said:

I would only go to about 75 DEX and the rest in POW I believe is the HUcast stat for DEX on mags.

Unless I'm mistaken, Centurion\Arms gives 55 ata, which would make this guide suggest that 65 dex is the way to go.

Edited by Lemon