Help me figure out a fun way to place a force.

I have always wanted to enjoy playing a Force, but I just can't figure out a way to do it that I dig. I'm mainly playing solo/duo so support force is not what I am looking at.

I have tried some pure casting forces, but it seems impossible to get tech damage up to anywhere at all reasonable. Even with Psycho Wand and a Merge, the dmg seems really bad. 

Is there some kind of battle force option where you use regular weapons and supplement with the high level force techs?

Would love to hear some suggestions so I can maybe figure out a fun force build to play. Thanks!

There is an item called Hylian shield (summer event item) which boosts Ra damage better than any merge can, second best would be Three Seals (not that hard of a hunt).

Pgf can make Dark bridge which makes Psycho bridge making Ra damage stronger too.

Glide Divine v.00 makes Foie, Zonde, and Barta really powerful

Demon Mechgun (preferred unreduced) on a max ATA fo is great too.

(just some ideas on items or uses to make fo more useful, i'm not into using ATP fo... yet)

Edited by PSOAddict

4 minutes ago, PSOAddict said:

he said some stuff here

to add on, some sort of arrest slicer or handgun can be helpful

also Slicer of Fanatic for multi-target demon (mechguns still much better for ep2, iirc)

Fun build for me was Caster/Battle FOmarl,

All the stuffs like V801 thingy for faster casting, ADEPT for some decent stats and TP cost reduction, Battle/units (V101, Centurion/Battle).

Support spell range boosting weapons! Tyrells Parasol for shifta/deband/?anti?/resta and Glide Divine for debuffing~

DPS weapons such as 100 Souls (Super strong weapon with spirit special!). Lindcray - (Rifle weapon for FO with spirit special!) and much, much more depending on what is fun to use for yous~

Bring a casting set as well! You don't need anything super great for this! You could always get that new Glide Divine V.00 for ultra strong single hit spells or use the normal P-wand + Hyrulian Shield combination to do some decently high RA damage.

I'm missing many things I think but overall you can be >>> Melee DPS >>> Magic DPS >>> Support and all once! Busy life!

Edited by Berrymilk

Casting spells for dmg is pretty much pointless outside of ep4 with a few exceptions.

BattleFO is the way to go in most cases and very fun to play since there's a big range of weapons you can use.

Hundred souls, Lindcray, SoF, Bringers Rifle, UR, Rage de Glace and Rambling May are just a few examples I either already use or plan to get on my FOmarl. Glide divine and Tyrells Parasol are additional Weapons I run to do support stuff.

Playstyle is to s/d yourself and your group (obviously), use your glide to j/z all enemies, use rabarta to get control and beat them up with your weapons.

To compensate the low max ata on FOmarl , I use Agent K (+20 over cap), Kroe's Sweater (+10 over cap) and Smartlink (additional + 10 for ranged attacks)

Other units you want to look for are Adept, V502 and cent-battle (or v101 when you can't afford it yet)

You can still run your Nukebuild to hunt in ep4 but outside there, I woulnd't recommend it.

Fomar should play quite similiar, although there are some differences when it comes to gear choices.

I can't say much for Fonewearl since I have no experience with that class but I think her focus is a bit different and mostly on special attacks.

Anyways, hope that gives you some ideas on how to play a FO that's actually fun to play on this Server :)

If you still have questions or need input, feel free to message me. Just keep in mind that I'm still far away from perfect and there are plenty of better FOs than me on this Server so don't see this as a golen rulebook and more like a personal opinion from someone who likes to play FO.

Edited by LunaX
  • Like 3

Yes, FOmarl is great fun, she also has very good support capabilities (even though the female Resta range can be a problem when playing with DF HUs).

There's a lot of weapons to choose from ... Apart from 100 Souls and Lindcray, personally I also use (mainly) Rambling May, Slicer of Fanatic and Ultima Reaper when in a party. Rambling with hit and stats is awesome on FOmarl. Banana Cannon, a fairly new addition to the FO arsenal, is nice but also has plenty of DMC potential ...

There are many other weapons I use, it is very situational: Bringer's Rifle, Inferno Girasole, Gal Wind ... but I'll stop now because someone already replied as I was typing this.

Be aware though it is quite expensive to equip a FO this way as you'll need tons of hit on pretty much every weapon.

Edited by El Socko

I play exclusively Battle FO, though I don't solo much.  Here's my setup.  Most of them are high end items, but there are some cheap alternatives that don't work quite as well, but well enough.  I put the stuff that I don't use, but think might work in yellow.

As for tactics, Rabarta will be your best friend.  Monsters that are frozen are more susceptible to being hit with demons, plus they won't be hitting back.  Spirit is better than Berserk on forces because of their low base hp and defense, but if you are staying back, berserk special will save you lots of TP and meseta.

Unfortunately, Ultima doesn't have very good spells on their forces, so you'll find that shooting things is a lot more effective for damage.

1 Jellen/Zelure Range GLIDE DIVINE

Demon's for high hp

monsters

TypeME/MECHGUN +30  [Demon's]

Bringer's Rifle

Slicer of Fantastic

Vulcan [Demon's]

3 Long Range

LINDCRAY

Bringer's Rifle

4 Single Target Damage

HUNDRED SOULS

M&A60 Vice

Excalibur

5 Multi-Target Damage

BANANA CANNON +50

Slicer of Fantastic

Slicer of Vengence

Ultima Reaper

6 Shifta/Deband Range TYRELL'S PARASOL (support)
7 frame

WEDDING DRESS

Kroe's Sweater

8 barrier Guardian Angel Costume (support)
9 unit

V502 (For Demon's Special)

Adept

Cure/*

10 unit V801
11 unit

SMARTLINK

Adept

12 unit Centurion/Battle
13 tool Sol Atomizer x10
14 tool Trimate x10 (A Must-Have for tight spots)
15 tool Trifluid x10
16 tool Antiparalysis x10 (Because I was running RT a lot)
17 mag (max ATP, ATA, MST, LCK) Puyo [Red] [0/84/71/45] [Mylla & Youlla | Farlla | Pilla]

Thanks for all the info.

Sounds like I definitely can't go around blasting techs. I will still be using weapon a lot and need to pay close attention to the specials. Do FO's get a better chance to succeed with specials?