Magatama : a Modern Mag Planner/Calculator [ BETA 9 ]

Aether89

Hi i would like to present to all of you "Magatama : a Modern Mag Planner"

I am currently Looking for any willing person to help me by testing it and giving me feedback on it.

full

To be honest it would not exist without Mag Farm Version 0.9.7r2 by James Baxter

Why did i start working on it well i had some personal issue with Mag Farm.

1. I had problem with the drop-down list not showing their content, it has since resolved itself
  2. The user interface is in my opinion somewhat outdated and clunky.
  3. Can't Update the Feeding Chart.
  4. No Description for the Photon Blast
  5. Lack of the Blue Burst Mag Cells.
  6. Can't save the current Session for later use, only Export History.

[ Current Features ]

• Full Drop-Down list and pictures for all Mags.
  • No "Please choose a character class." and/or "Please choose a section ID" if none are selected a Bluefull HUmar will be assumed as the current selection, can be changed in the settings.
  • Saving the Current Data
  • Importing Previous Data
  • Export the content of Output
  • Easy to know how many of each items have been feed to the mag, and also how many have been feed since the Mag evolved.
  • Can edit on the fly you Mag Stats, no more second screen and restarting anew.
  • Can undo or redo the last Feed items. Work with Mass Feed.
  • Can toggle ON/OFF the racial restriction on some Mag Cell, available in the setting.
  • Photon Blast Description when hovering over the Photon Blast icon.
  • The Photon Blast 03 list will only show valid option.
  • The Progress Bar use the same color as in-game.
  • Can Customise the Photon Blast Text and the various picture by modifying the appropriate file
  • Clicking the Pictures will put focus on the corresponding drop-down list, always for the Section ID and the Class but only when editing Stats for the Mag and Photon Blasts
  • Activation Trigger and Activation Percentage display.
  • Ability to Mass Feed one Item by changing it Quantity from 0 to the desired value, if you press the button and the value is 0 the program will assume it is equal to 1
  • Mass Feed of Various item if the value is 0 it will not feed this item but all other that are higher or equal to 1 will be feed to the Mag.
  • History of the Number of each item feed and the same number is written next to it in the output.
  • In the Settings you can Change the Cost of each item, the mag initial Synchro, the time between feeding ( in Seconds ) and as previously said the Initial Class and Section ID.
  • An External Editor to preview or change a Mag Data and also the Feeding Tables. The Mag Feeding Table is determined by the last load table.
  • Can customise most of the text and for some their colour by editing Theme.xml
  • Support for version 1 &2 ( Episode 1)
  • Can change the Default Stats of the initial Mag
  • Color Syntax in the output

[ Download Link ]

Magatama Beta 9

[ Keyboard Shortcut ]

- Magatama
  • Press [ CTRL+ N ] to Start a New Mag.
  • Press [ CTRL+ O ] to Open a Previous Mag save data.
  • Press [ CTRL+ S ] to Save your current Edit
  • Press [ CTRL + S ] to Save As...your current Edit as a new files
  • Press [ CTRL+ E ] to only export the Output
  • Press [ ALT + F4 ] to Exit the Program
  • Press [ CTRL+ Z] to undo the last feed item
  • Press [ CTRL+ Y] to redo the last feed item
  • Press [ CTRL+ R] to reset all the quantity column to zero.
  • Press [F1] for the About Magatama... Screen
  • Press [F2] to Edit the Mag Stats and the History. It unlock them no second interface.
  • Press [F3] to Edit the Settings

- MagDex
  • Press [ Ctrl + S ] to save the current Mag Data
  • Press [ CTRL + SHIFT + S ] to save the current Feeding Table
  • Press [ ALT + F4 ] to Exit the Program

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any suggestion or issue , i would be happy to hear about them.

For more Screenshot Look in the Magatama Album on Pioneer2.net

Source Code available on GitHub : https://github.com/Aether89/Magatama
Edited by Aether89
Updated title and download link for Beta 9
  • Like 6

It's like super early in the morning where I am, but I'll try and give it a go tommorow or something, I'll see if I can get it to break with some obscure cases of mag evolutions n stuff.

Thank you for taking the time to post it on here, I'm sure there are many people that will be interested to check it out.

So I did a lot of playing around with it just now, trying out alot of edge cases for mag evolutions. Most of it is pretty solid, though I did find one evolution that just didn't work at all, and one overlooked set of evolutions. Also on a different note, every first time I hit undo the interface would not visually update, I often had to hit it twice to see any changes (happened both from menu and with hotkey). I might play around with the program some more later on.

This one didn't work (note: Dex>=Mind>=Pow is tested by using several sets of identical numbers for those three stats, such as 41def 13pow 13dex 13mind, etc.)
Ranger
lvl50+
Dex>=Mind>=Pow - Group A IDs did not change to Kama (did not ever change mag, tried many different levels of equal stat numbers and thus different mags, naga, kumara, maybe another one I forgot, and even from lvl35 mitra). Group B IDs worked properly (changed to Varaha).

The overlooked evolution formulas are the specific = evolutions that exist i.e. Pow=Dex>Mind (25pow=25dex>0 mind, or 25Pow=15dex>10mind, etc.) on Force Group A IDs becomes Naga. These may be seemingly innocuous evolutions, but this example in particular is the only way to get a power naga in order to make a 0mind panzer tail mag, so they do have their uses.

Hu
50+
dex=mind>pow A did not change to Varaha, B did not change to Kama

Ra
50+
pow=mind>dex A did not change to Kama, B did not change to Varaha

Fo
50+
pow=dex>mind A did not change to Naga, B did not change to Kumara

shorthand notes of testing

hunter
2=highest stat OK
pow>=dex>=mind OK
pow>=mind>dex OK
dex>mind>=pow OK
mind>pow>=dex OK
dex=mind>pow A did not change to Varaha, B did not change to Kama

Ramar
2=highest stat ok
pow>dex>=mind OK
dex>=mind>=pow  - Group A did not change to Kama, Group B is OK
dex>=pow>mind OK
mind>pow>=dex OK
pow=mind>dex A did not change to Kama, B did not change to Varaha

Force
2=highest stat OK
pow>dex>=mind OK
dex>mind>=pow OK
mind>=pow>=dex OK
mind>=dex>pow OK
pow=dex>mind A did not change to Naga, B did not change to Kumara

Force >45def evolutions
working

Edited by Fyrewolf5

This makes me want to go back and restart my project.  Good job, can't wait to see the finished version!

10 minutes ago, thelionorion said:

Only thing I can't do with it so far is figure out how to make the mag have 0def

I don't think it was developed with that in mind, as he's from ephinea (which I don't think has PPP on it).

• Like 1

@Soly i dont mind you edited the topic to remove the font color.

@Fyrewolf5 i will take a look into these issue :).

-------

I have one question what is PPP and here a mag can have a DEF lower than 5? if so i will change it it no biggie to do.

So up to the fixes and continue implementing the under the hood change to how mag are identified in the program, better for translation and to make possible to change the Ephinea Heart of YN-1107 to whatever you call the mag cell to evolve a Mag into a Elenor.

One thing i wont do is personally change the Feeding Tables if you have any issue with it i can teach how to update it.

19 minutes ago, Aether89 said:

@Soly i dont mind you edited the topic to remove the font color.

@Fyrewolf5 i will take a look into these issue :).

-------

I have one question what is PPP and here a mag can have a DEF lower than 5? if so i will change it it no biggie to do.

So up to the fixes and continue implementing the under the hood change to how mag are identified in the program, better for translation and to make possible to change the Ephinea Heart of YN-1107 to whatever you call the mag cell to evolve a Mag into a Elenor.

One thing i wont do is personally change the Feeding Tables if you have any issue with it i can teach how to update it.

PPP is a quest, Power Plant Plight, which can reward a mag with 0 defense. We also often have mag events where people make custom mags, so 0defense is a popular option to squeeze out a few extra points for power/mind/dex. Also, the Elenor mag cell is called "Ashura" on this server.

Edited by Fyrewolf5

@Fyrewolf5 I tried the evolution you told about and only the dex>=mind>=pow Group A for the Ramar didn't work, it was a typo on my part in Magatama\Data\Evolution\RA_Stage03.xml

How to fix

Spoiler

1. Open Magatama\Data\Evolution\RA_Stage03.xml
  2. Find Kamaa
  3. replace Kamaa to Kama

So i believe that they may have been an issue with the download as you may not have the correct version 7 even if the link says so. will find another web host for the files, as it also caused some issue.

42 minutes ago, Aether89 said:

@Fyrewolf5 I tried the evolution you told about and only the dex>=mind>=pow Group A for the Ramar didn't work, it was a typo on my part in Magatama\Data\Evolution\RA_Stage03.xml

How to fix

Hide contents

1. Open Magatama\Data\Evolution\RA_Stage03.xml
  2. Find Kamaa
  3. replace Kamaa to Kama

So i believe that they may have been an issue with the download as you may not have the correct version 7 even if the link says so. will find another web host for the files, as it also caused some issue.

Alright, I did that typo fix and a single test to see if it works, and the evolution seems to be fine now. The file I downloaded says it's MagatamaBeta7.7z

I'm still having issues with the "undo" feature though. The first time I hit undo, nothing appears to happen. The second time I hit undo, sometimes it undoes one action, sometimes it undoes more than one action; this happens especially if I try to repeat the undone action manually (without using redo), and then hit undo again, sometimes it undoes two or more actions, sometimes even 3 or 4; I was able to get as high as 6 actions undone at once (i.e. feed food for levelup, first undo does nothing, second undo does one action, feed food again for levelup, first undo does nothing, second undo does multiple actions). It appears to follow a strange pattern, where every other time it undoes one action, but every other time it undoes 2+ actions in a pattern (kind of like a 1, 2, 1, 3, 1, 4, 1, 2, 1, 5, 1, 2, 1, 3, 1, 6, 1, 2, 1, 3, etc. something like that, too lazy to do more and actually record it).

Okay i updated most of the link to point to my new GitHub repository, with the exception of the Interface preview. 

@Fyrewolf5 lets me take a guess when it erase three action it is  something like this.

Monomate x3
--- Level UP --- (6)
------------------------------------------ [1]

that get erased if yes, it work as intended because they are all linked together

1. cycle is removed because 3 items weren't feed to the mag 
  2. The Level UP is removed because the level up conditions aren't met anymore
  3. The monomate is removed because you undid it.

basically you remove the last item feed not the other action who are linked to the item itself.

• 4 weeks later...

This looks very cool.

I'll take this moment to tell people to not use the one I made at that's at sandrenyl.com, because it does not work. Use the one in this topic. It does work.

That being said, after playing with it a bit, unless I just can't find it, it'd be nice to have a place where it shows the feeding chart or maybe like, when you hover or right click on an item, show how it exactly affects the stats.