Best TP-restore weapon for FOmar?

On my last server-that-shall-not-be-named, there was an event Chameleon Scythe with 33 hit - this weapon featured an unreduced Geist special, and was fantastic for restoring TP, and had low enough requirements to be usable by all classes.  I like to not be dependant on fluids for TP-restore, but will use them in a pinch if needed.

FOmar is notorious for having poor accuracy, and most weapons don't seem to offer much in terms of TP restore.  The most viable option I've found has been the 50-hit double saber, which requires going through the government quests, which will take awhile to be able to do solo as a Force.  It is also a low-damage melee weapon, so not sure of its viability in Ult.

I was considering doing C-Mode to possibly get a s-rank Slicer with Geist, but given that it won't have any ATA on it, I'm not sure if that would be wise (and it would likely have reduced efficacy since it's a multi-hit weapon).  Possibly the SNS glitch can be used to make it work?

What do you guys use for your TP-restore methods on this server?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by redyoshi

Type ME/mechguns with unreduced for TP steal work wonders. Of course they need some decent hit 50-80% I'd imagine on the higher end for a class with very poor ata. 

Edited by Ragol99
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ragol99 said:

Type ME/mechguns with unreduced for TP steal work wonders. Of course they need some decent hit 50-80% I'd imagine on the higher end for a class with very poor ata. 

Sorry I'm a noob - what does this mean?

15 minutes ago, snail_lord said:

chameleon scythe drops right now from De Rol Le (vh) on a few ids so you can possibly get one with hit from there

Is there a particular repeatable quest that lets one rush de rol le?

2 minutes ago, redyoshi said:

Sorry I'm a noob - what does this mean?

Type ME/mechguns are bascially a Type weapon all Type weapons come from certain rewards from quests etc. For example 2x max attack quests forgot the exact ones off the top of my head accumulating enough points... then trading them in another quest (Beach laughter) for a type weapon. Type Weapons can have specials added and they are the best ranged weapon or at least for a Force class for TP leech and one of the only as far as I know viable for unreduced TP steal.  Hope this helps clarify it a bit more and good luck!

*edit* these ones fire like actual mechguns Type/GU are fired as if they are a handgun not mechgun.

Edited by Ragol99
  • Like 1

Mahu (and also talis and hitogata) work quite well for tp steal, the card type hits 1-1-3 and the third attack can hit a single monster with all three hits in close range, one of the best overall options. You already named Double Saber which is one of the best options for fomar too, even if it doesn't also double as a beatstick like vivienne and has less ata, it still has better level of tp steal special and is actually fairly easy to get the 50hit one from a government quest, it's as early as 5-5 (can do 5-1 through 5-4 on normal in ep2, then do 5-5 in ultimate; this does not take long at all), and doublesabers can be used with SNS too. Chameleon Scythe drops from De Rol Le right now, which is another great option when you have a chance to use on crowds. S-Rank Slicer would be ok with SN glitching, though the other options are quite sufficient. I wouldn't really go with Type ME/Mechs tbh as it's quite slow and not really a big step up from the other options, kind of a expensive and a waste to make (if you are going to add a special to me/mechs, there are many more desirable ones). Fomar may be low ata base, but he still gets plenty enough to melee with if you don't play like an idiot, and he can also wear a unique armor called Godric's Cloak for more ata. You could also consider wearing Mother Garb+, which is allowed on all forces on this server, which is an armor that reduces tp consumption -50%. But in all honesty, don't be so stingy, it's actually not a bad thing to eat a fluid now and again. That's what they are there for. Even so, working in a combo from one of these weapons here and there certainly helps, and using Mahu or DoubleSaber or ChamScythe once or twice in a run will usually suffice.

Towards the Future is probably the fastest quest to De Rol Le, and have to go through Dragon first. Crysis en Dos Tierras 3 lets you fight two De Rol Le, but is much longer (It's a really fun and great quest though).

Edited by Fyrewolf5
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Fyrewolf5 said:

Mahu (and also talis and hitogata) work quite well for tp steal, the card type hits 1-1-3 and the third attack can hit a single monster with all three hits in close range, one of the best overall options. You already named Double Saber which is one of the best options for fomar too, even if it doesn't also double as a beatstick like vivienne and has less ata, it still has better level of tp steal special and is actually fairly easy to get the 50hit one from a government quest, it's as early as 5-5 (can do 5-1 through 5-4 on normal in ep2, then do 5-5 in ultimate; this does not take long at all), and doublesabers can be used with SNS too. Chameleon Scythe drops from De Rol Le right now, which is another great option when you have a chance to use on crowds. S-Rank Slicer would be ok with SN glitching, though the other options are quite sufficient. I wouldn't really go with Type ME/Mechs tbh as it's quite slow and not really a big step up from the other options, kind of a expensive and a waste to make (if you are going to add a special to me/mechs, there are many more desirable ones). Fomar may be low ata base, but he still gets plenty enough to melee with if you don't play like an idiot, and he can also wear a unique armor called Godric's Cloak for more ata. You could also consider wearing Mother Garb+, which is allowed on all forces on this server, which is an armor that reduces tp consumption -50%. But in all honesty, don't be so stingy, it's actually not a bad thing to eat a fluid now and again. That's what they are there for. Even so, working in a combo from one of these weapons here and there certainly helps, and using Mahu or DoubleSaber or ChamScythe once or twice in a run will usually suffice.

Towards the Future is probably the fastest quest to De Rol Le, and have to go through Dragon first. Crysis en Dos Tierras 3 lets you fight two De Rol Le, but is much longer (It's a really fun and great quest though).

Fantastic reply, thank you so much for the info!

When is Chameleon Scythe no longer available?

• 5 months later...
2 hours ago, DON SUAVE said:

Is the 50-hit Double Saber a drop or reward for these government quests?

It's a reward for completing 5-5 on ultimate as a force. Ep2 starts at 5-1, so you can do 5-1 to 5-4 on normal, then 5-5 on ultimate for the doublesaber.

Any chance I could meet up with someone who has done this for a quick team-up? I am only 117 as of writing, making solo Ultimate Ep2 difficult in the extreme. Shoutbox and lobby shopping has yielded me zip so far, planting a flag here has seemed the best route.