The PGF rate is ridiculous

mudkipzjm

What's funny isĀ to assume that there will be a "next time", in the first place :|

What's also funny is to assume that you will have it the next time. The next time can be a nice sweet vicious circle leading to another next time.
Do you think you will have more luck because you try it two years ? Three years ? Four years ? And how many years do you plan to play PSO already ?

2 - 3Ā weeks (small period of time) of a 1/341Ā on Olga (hard drop rate) during christmas time (people are busy) is just the perfect combo for some people to never have it. Of course, the more you will try it, the more you will have a chance to get it. Of course too, your chance will never raise, it will just be rolling extra times.

I know it's hard for some people to admit they are wrong, to cast aside their enormous ego (ME lucky ! MEĀ willing ! ME gonna hunt for years if needed ! YOU weak, go home kid !).
But please, if you can't, it would be better that you just stop posting here. Keep your words for yourself, repeat them again and over again under your thick skull until you actually believe in it. Just give us a rest, please ; we already know that nothing will be done anyway, you already "won".

• Like 2

well, pgf from begging in Ultima, was an event drop, so it should be like that, only problem was removing pgf from donations list, like others items, that is the big problem that make economy like it was.Ā 

and for "special" drops, i only can see STA, SOV, zondebacon( and others that was made for ultima only, cant rename all), all that special items made for/to Ultima indded make them event only and not in donation list, all others it should be there to make a more balanced economy without all that crazy values.Ā 

about time to hunt and so, well, i hunt alot with no luck, and hunt a few with extreme luck. or you play or not, even if its in an event like pgf drop( hard to drop) drops are just like that.

edit:

thats just my opinion, nothing against anyone, you all are rigth on your opinion

Edited by Ricardo Gomes
  • Like 1

@Ricardo GomesĀ I agree with most of that, except perhaps something that it seems you took by the wrong end. You tell me.

You say that PGF was event only from the beginning and the economy got wrong because PGF was taken out of donation list. You're right of course.
But donation list is not part of the game. Hunting is. Even if it wasn't meant this way, having PGF on donation list was sorta of a fix for PGF not being all year around. The fix has been removed, while the real issue is still going on : here you got your broken market. Also we are the only server I know who does thing this way, it has never be a PSO thing. It is a Ultima thing only. WeĀ could live with a 1/5xxĀ drop rate for PGF if it was all year around. That would not even be a stupid rate since we have happy hours (which is another part of Ultima many issues).

Now, despite all I have said, don't get me wrong. We are still hunting. A few numbers have not discouraged us (my teammateĀ and me at least). At the end of the day, a drop can only happen if you play, no matter the number .____.

Ā 

The following content has been labeled "drama" by people who like to see drama everywhere in order to invalid arguments they do not like :

Spoiler

But the purpose of this topic wasĀ to vent, Muddy announced it since the very first post. This complaining can mean at least two things : either we're stupid because there is nothing to complain about, either there is a real issue. Complaining is about communicating and questioning. It is done in order to avoid such thing as :
"Larva woke up this morning, no one was online on UltimaĀ server. It has been a month already that barely two or three players were connecting then leaving after a few minutes. It was time to end it. Larva had no idea of what happened. No one ever speak their mind, and now there were gone."

Of course am exaggerating a lot, I will even admit that this is dramatic xD, but the idea is there : communication is the key, and assuming that you're doing things right while people are complaining means that something is not right. So here it goes, Larva, here goes our communication.

Ā 

10 minutes ago, Misombre said:

@Ricardo GomesĀ I agree with most of that, except perhaps something that it seems you took by the wrong end. You tell me.

You say that PGF was event only from the beginning and the economy got wrong because PGF was taken out of donation list. You're right of course.
But donation list is not part of the game. Hunting is. Even if it wasn't meant this way, having PGF on donation list was sorta of a fix for PGF not being all year around. The fix has been removed, while the real issue is still going on : here you got your broken market. Also we are the only server I know who does thing this way, it has never be a PSO thing. It is a Ultima thing only. WeĀ could live with a 1/5xxĀ drop rate for PGF if it was all year around. That would not even be a stupid rate since we have happy hours (which is another part of Ultima many issues).

Now, despite all I have said, don't get me wrong. We are still hunting. A few numbers have not discouraged us (my teammateĀ and me at least). At the end of the day, a drop can only happen if you play, no matter the number .____.

Ā 

The following content has been labeled "drama" by people who like to see drama everywhere in order to invalid arguments they do not like :

Ā  Reveal hidden contents

Ā 

Maybe you weren't around when pgf was on the donation list, but economy was broken then specifically because of that. If you are going to argue that having it on the donation list was somehow a fix for anything, I'm going to come out and say you have no idea what the hell you are talking about. There were so many people were donating for pgf that pgfs were being used as currency. Event items are not on the donation list so that you can't simply pay to win from the server. Players still sell their items, but every event item that is sold has to be created by hunting, not by the server poofing it out of thin air.

Plenty of pgf have dropped already; it's not meant to be something that we get 100+ of (enough to have one for every player on the server) to drop in each christmas event. It's meant to be rare and difficult to get, and take a lot of time and effort invested into the game to achieve. Nobody is entitled to a pgf, the very tip top of top tier gear (remember, the dark weapons are insanely buffed on this server way above and beyond what any other server does), just because they happened to show up at Christmastime; you have to actually work for it and it may take you more than one try to get it.

All I see is a lot of QQ about it being hard rates and expensive to trade for. Dark weapons are not necessary to play the game, there are plenty of alternatives that are nearly as strong, just as strong, or even stronger than them; dark weapons are extra post-endgame overbuffed gears. If someone wants to acquire them, then they need to be mindful that only a few dozen are going to drop in an event, not several hundred, and if they want to have a good chance to get one then they have to be willing to put in a lot of work for it.

@Fyrewolf5Ā Yes I was not there so I have no idea how bad it was, but I can perfectly imagine =/

But don't get me wrong, I never said I wanted anything to get on donation list. That'd be among the worst idea out there. That's why I said that Hunting was part of PSO, not Donating. But perhaps you were talking to Ricardo for that one.

Of course you can play with other items, of course you don't need dark weapons in order to play. But when you got everything else you wanted, and assuming this is the last thing remaining for you to do : you will eventually want to hunt one.

really, dont get me wrong

in my opinion, well, just like in any game, there are a list on things that you can or only can buy there, generally top items, and not avaluable ingame in any others means,Ā its a way to get money to make things still work, just like in ultima.

now, by removing some items( pgf in mind) and make it drop harder, it well get some drama of course, since everyone that plays pso, want to get a dark one, to play using sabers/canes i play lego. pgf/sta are the top items that makes everyone plays, i dont see anyone play to hunt less and stay there, wow i found a glide, game over?! all that things about otherĀ items to play, only when you got all the goal ingame you can trully say that.

Ā 

well, i was here when a pgf cost like 50 or 60 dt from donations list, and saw people buying dozen of them, but in that way, all economy was based on that price. what can be done about that? i dont care if its in or out in donations list, since until now i got 0 donated and still got what i wanted ingame, and yes, playing alot with others items until i got some darks.

now, making a drop harder and a pgf cost, lets say +300dt, its not a large pay to win system? im an adult, but many players here are teens, how tha F** they will get the money? i think its time to larva think of what is taking in ultima, its not a fair place like it was 3 years ago.

maybe news players dont know what is to hunt harder since indiv drops is helping alot, i just want to some of you take a ramarl just using a low stat Mille and go kill olga, no force around. then you will see what is a hard hunt.

and meh, im done of this, im just here to play until they let me to

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fyrewolf5 said:

Maybe you weren't around when pgf was on the donation list, but economy was broken then specifically because of that

At least no one was charging/paying $500 for a weapon. You can't even deny that was never a case when it was on donation list. I stated that DT's in general ruin the economy in my thread about how the economy was shit and people laughed at me, yet, here we are again, discussing about donation lists when the real problem in itself is just DT's.

I don't think anybody can deny this fact any longer tbh.

17 minutes ago, Auroboro said:

At least no one was charging/paying $500 for a weapon. You can't even deny that was never a case when it was on donation list. I stated that DT's in general ruin the economy in my thread about how the economy was shit and people laughed at me, yet, here we are again, discussing about donation lists when the real problem in itself is just DT's.

Ā 

The real problem itself isn't the DT's or donations list it's the veteran players who have become greedy hoarders, and set such absurd prices. As well as slightly the fault of the innocent newbies or other players willing to pay such prices ( although if newbie can hardly be blamed at first for being ignorantly exploited by veterans who should be eager to promote and grow the server not thwart or hinder it by doing such) Donations for keeping the server alive, or because you just REALLY love the game... or another reason should be allowed... to me being able to trade them for items or other things is just an added side bonus. (if donating to get items were all the good to come of it in my mind I'd never have donated a penny even) Many ways to resolve the DT issue while not destroying it.... ONE is make the DT list prices match in game fair market value(or have a current price fixed but fair set by experienced GM's or larva himself) This would not only address such issues but also serveĀ as a permanent Ā price reference or rough guide. Players who see an item on it can now get a general idea of what the actual value might be if selling or buying. Also this would serve as a deterrent to rip people off at higher or absurd prices. If people see someone selling an item at a higher or much higher rate even newbie now they can avoid such sellers or shop around elsewhere because they now know. Something to clear up here it isn't the DT option itself that is the problem it's how people exploit the ability to trade DTS by creating such absurd prices out of thin air. (considering pricing is very uncertain for most) Here is another part of what can be done make it better to add %'s in games for attributes.(what I mean by this is make it more expensive to add %'s via DTS instead of it being less expensive to add %'s via DTS over sphereing in game) Last but not least by any means do a 1 or 2x monthly hit event to further discourage the usage of DTS for adding hit %'s to weapons. If you do all the above stated not only should it resolve DT issue, but also serve as a prevention net to screen out and deny players seeking to rip others off from doing so. (while still making much effort to balance out the economy and provide a basic PC> guide as well as make PD's worth more then DT's or if nothing else be the more viable option again) Ps. I know this topic was PGF and drop rate but what you are covering here is more so the issues you claim to be existing with DT system right now. (remember this well you can't fault the system without first faulting the people exploiting it out of greed)

1 minute ago, Ragol99 said:

Ā 

The real problem itself isn't the DT's or donations lis

Then I ask you this: How many times have you seen PD's get thrown around in a dark weapon auction/trade? Or how many times do you see people saying "accepting PD's as equal payment"

Not very many I'd assume. There's a reason for that; I think you know what that reason it. I'm going to leave this discussion here though.

54 minutes ago, Auroboro said:

I actually can even deny that was the case. People would overpay for dark weapons and other stuff then too. The difference was though that one person purposely overpaying for something didn't mean everyone lost their marbles and tried to triple the price of all of them overnight.

But anyway, keep this thread on topic please, and try to keep drama out of it.

"I have a right to PGF!Ā It should be expected to drop for me!Ā Destroy the dogs of capitalism who should be so fortunateĀ as to sell the PGF,Ā they have surely unjustly acquired,Ā at a price of their choosing!" -This thread, Hu Guevara

83VFj59.jpg

• Like 2