The PGF rate is ridiculous

mudkipzjm

We're not getting a saber, we're getting a pgf. Our life will be enlighten and changed forever after that. How can us, mortals, not understand that pgf is a almighty unreachable superior reality ? When your pixels go from "green light on a stick", to "big sword with yellow borders ", then only you will achieve... nothing \_()_/

Also most people here are not even concerned by the drop rate, but by the time limit. Aka : not being all year around.

When I read "Larva seemed to be upset when he heard how much STA was going for last event" or something like that, I cannot help but wonder if Larva did actually understood why the price were going nuts. Why here on Ultima ? What's different ?

So though I don't doubt that Larva has not interest into getting money out of it, and though am sure he want the economy to get better... It will not happen with this event only items system. Am certainly not an expert, just a passing player in this pso community, but am convinced that it all comes down to the way events are done.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Misombre said:

Also most people here are not even concerned by the drop rate, but by the time limit. Aka : not being all year around.

All I see is "1/341 is nonsense"...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Soly said:

But if we don't have PGF on the donation list, you can't pay to win it....

Well, about the pay-to-win it's not exactly paying to the server. That is more a problem about economy, not about the rate. I mean new users buying things from veterans offering exorbitant ammounts of DTs or an whole arsenal for a DW/PGF. But that is not Larva's fault, it is the player base fault, we were responsible for this crap on economy. Some people blame the new users willing to spend lots of money, but don't they buy things from veterans? Again, that is all about economy, which isn't the focus of this thread.

But the hypocrisy is people that already got PGFs this year is complaining more. They want to make a whole set of DWs this event lol. Past years I only got 1 PGF and I was really happy getting my first DW. In all these years of Ultima, I NEVER got any STA in anniversary events, always unlucky. I used to complain a lot years ago, but after all, getting items is all about probability, can't blame the rates. But I can't blame anyone after all, that is how probabiblity works and all that matters is your luck.

Yes, the rate is really high for a item that you only have 3 weeks to get, but No, it is not impossible to get at least one. At least you will get x237948 Tablets or Heart of Morolians :P

But yes, if you really want a DW, you will focus on getting one no matter how difficult it is, you have to put your mind in getting one. If it was a easy rate, would you be happy seeing everyone that barely started on the server using a DW? Would you be happy to see someone spamming a 25% hit Dark Meteor the whole quest and being OHKO by a monster/boss because said person doesn't own a decent shield/armor/mag/other weapons? Would you be happy to see people with much less time of gameplay having better gear than you that took years to get your desired items? I know people here with less than 1 year of Ultima that already have top-tier gears of every class, which even the veterans can't afford.

All we can do really is to enjoy the grind. And to be really honest, I really find a bad idea to release droptables. First, it doesn't really give the idea of how easy/difficult an item is to get and becomes a reason for complaining like we can see in this thread. Just a droptable showing where it drops is already good, but putting numbers is really bad. People really gets impressed fast by numbers. Some people no matter how you explain will believe you need to do 341 runs to get a PGF :mellow:

Edited by yanvbraz
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Soly said:

All I see is "1/341 is nonsense"...

Well, to be fair. I remember there was a vote not too long ago, where an overwhelming majority of 80% of the community voted for making PGF an All year drop. I think none of the players complaining would really bother about the droprate, if that would be the case. But instead of giving some profound reasoning the problem is/was ignored or swept under the carpet. Like alot of things on Ultima. Yes this is larva's server, but it wouldn't exist without the community. Sometimes you have to or should meet halfway. :cr-dunno:

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Soly said:

Alright, lets chime in again.

But if we don't have PGF on the donation list, you can't pay to win it....

Definitely, considering we even had death threats over this whole thing (not exactly the PGF stuff), I'd say this has gone longer than it should.

Comes down to money? ... should I remember you that PGF was on the donation list.

You (and everyone else) can say it's all about money all day long but  makes no sense for larva to remove one of the most donated items (when it was available) if it was all about money.

Also, look at what yanvbraz said, if he lowers the rate people will get lots of pgfs and want to increase atts and hit on their new DWs.. so what's that? oh yeah more money but wait a second... its not all about money.

Why can't you guys have an easier rate? because is not a saber what you will be getting.

So yeah, it might not be "whatever the community is happy with", (because some won't be happy until it's rate is 2/1), but it definitely is not "what gets me more money".

But can you technically deny that removing PGF off the donations list has shot up prices and therefore has indeed made him more money? Is that a deniable aspect at this point?

Like I said I'm playing devils advocate on all of this. I understand the double edged sword nature of this entire topic and one side of me wants to just say "typical spoiled ultima cant get what they want in 3 runs so they complain" but that wouldn't necessarily be fair to the argument (or realistic in it's entirety).

10 minutes ago, yanvbraz said:

Well, about the pay-to-win it's not exactly paying to the server. That is more a problem about economy, not about the rate. I mean new users buying things from veterans offering exorbitant ammounts of DTs or an whole arsenal for a DW/PGF. But that is not Larva's fault, it is the player base fault, we were responsible for this crap on economy. Some people blame the new users willing to spend lots of money, but don't they buy things from veterans? Again, that is all about economy, which isn't the focus of this thread.

But the hypocrisy is people that already got PGFs this complaining more. They want to make a whole set of DWs this event lol. Past years I only got 1 PGF and I was really happy getting my first DW. In all these years of Ultima, I NEVER got any STA in anniversary events, always unlucky. I used to complain a lot years ago, but after all, getting items is all about probability, can't blame the rates. But I can't blame anyone after all, that is how probabiblity works and all that matters is your luck.

Yes, the rate is really high for a item that you only have 3 weeks to get, but No, it is not impossible to get at least one. At least you will get x237948 Tablets or Heart of Morolians :P

But yes, if you really want a DW, you will focus on getting one no matter how difficult it is, you have to put your mind in getting one. If it was a easy rate, would you be happy seeing everyone that barely started on the server using a DW? Would you be happy to see someone spamming a 25% hit Dark Meteor the whole quest and being OHKO by a monster/boss because said person doesn't own a decent shield/armor/mag/other weapons? Would you be happy to see people with much less time of gameplay having better gear than you that took years to get your desired items? I know people here with less than 1 year of Ultima that already have top-tier gears of every class, which even the veterans can't afford.

All we can do really is to enjoy the grind. And to be really honest, I really find a bad idea to release droptables. First, it doesn't really give the idea of how easy/difficult an item is to get and becomes a reason for complaining like we can see in this thread. Just a droptable showing where it drops is already good, but putting numbers is really bad. People really gets impressed fast by numbers. Some people no matter how you explain will believe you need to do 341 runs to get a PGF :mellow:

This is all truth. I've only been here like a year and a half now, seen prices skyrocket but they do in every server anyway. Sooner or later people will get lazy and will want to either trade major event weapons or pds (back in my old server dts did not exist, all items and pds and monthly donations to keep server alive which was 100 bucks a month) in every server there will always be a "messed up economy" in reality everyone here if they get an amazing offer over selling it for the right price will take the best offer. That's why you see a lot of people saying "pm me offer" instead of making it public. Anyways I'm derailing here,I think rate is fine the way it is and for the people that found a pgf and are still complaining? That makes no sense to me. Want to be a good old saint savior of the community? How about you help your fellow noob get one? Instead of complaining because you, yourself are not flooded in pgfs. For some new players,  please if you are too weak or don't want to run with people, there's always next year. I missed las Xmas and anniversary and I didn't get crap. You are not entiltled to get the best item in the game your first Christmas. Build up, build your chars, gear them as best as you can and then rape Olga next year for a pgf don't cry here.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, mudkipzjm said:

This probably will get nowhere, but had to vent so here we go.

As the title states, the rate for PGF is ridiculous. I understand it was an easier drop in the beginning(don't feed me the "it's been the same rate all event long" bs), but the current rate it's at, 1/341, is just too ridiculous. I think this is about the worst rate it's ever been, or at least tied for it. Myself, and several others, are just way too demotivated to hunt PGF after seeing that stupid droprate, which is more than FIVE times what it started out as, at a rate of 1/64 as I was told by a GM that shall remain unnamed. PGF dropped way too often at first to be 1/341, now I barely see 1 drop per HH. This isn't asking for the rate to be changed, which would be nice, but just informing to whoever this may concern that the rate is just pure idiocy. 

I understand your feeling bro.. thats why I have been taking a long rest from Ultima.

23 minutes ago, Izaya said:

Well, to be fair. I remember there was a vote not too long ago, where an overwhelming majority of 80% of the community voted for making PGF an All year drop. I think none of the players complaining would really bother about the droprate, if that would be the case. But instead of giving some profound reasoning the problem is/was ignored or swept under the carpet. Like alot of things on Ultima. Yes this is larva's server, but it wouldn't exist without the community. Sometimes you have to or should meet halfway. :cr-dunno:

And the title of it was to put it back on the donation list lel.
The problem with that, is that is not a problem was just a poll nobody said anything would be done,
Talking about that... the poll that suggested that something would be done with the forum which got a lot of positive votes, has not seen the light yet :P

Don't get me wrong tho, I'd like to see PGF all year (obviously not even at 1/341)... but it would be nice to see that banner from time to time.

27 minutes ago, Auroboro said:

But can you technically deny that removing PGF off the donations list has shot up prices and therefore has indeed made him more money? Is that a deniable aspect at this point?

Yes, it is...
People trading some DWs around can't compare to the madness of (selected) people donating for PGF every so often.

I don't really see how people said STA was the hardest drop, the event lasted over a month long, we found out TTF could clear it, runs only take 11 minutes solo. Likewise PoD takes about 12-14 minutes solo, and the drop rate being ~1% during HH isn't that bad.

After trying this event for pgf, I feel its much harder to get one since RT solos take 30+ minutes each, or 8-3 takes 16 minutes to get to the boss. The amount of chances within a happy hour for drops is about half that of STA drops, so i'd need at least a month or two to get a pgf with happy hour hunts. I'm just hoping for a happy hour rate of 1/100 or 1/50 rate for the last few days, people were getting STA's like crazy those last few days.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, FuryOfAGameJunk said:

I'm over here hunting the J Sword since last year of February. Got 10 pd drops since then. If I'm still going strong hunting it then you can do it! 

Except that you can hunt that thing all year round ...

• Like 4

2 hours ago, El Socko said:

Except that you can hunt that thing all year round ...

Or that when you really want something you don't care what it takes to get it. I'm gonna be working and doing school soon and I'll still find time to hunt it if I want. Yes the pgf may be a Xmas only thing but don't give up. You can make time for anything. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, FuryOfAGameJunk said:

Or that when you really want something you don't care what it takes to get it. I'm gonna be working and doing school soon and I'll still find time to hunt it if I want. Yes the pgf may be a Xmas only thing but don't give up. You can make time for anything. 

except you actually cant make time for PGF hunts because its 1 time a year.

• Like 1