The PGF rate is ridiculous

mudkipzjm

6 minutes ago, Auroboro said:

^ Uhm lol.

To the main point, I feel like this is just going to go on forever almost. I mean, yeah, the biggest con about the drop is that it's a drop rate that's for a 1 time a year boss. I mean.. I don't think anybody that has an issue with this rate would mind it so much if its a year-round drop. If people were complaining about it then, that would be absurd, but the fact is we're not. We are complaining about how it takes forever to get even if it's a 1 time a year thing.

At this point what does Larva have to lose making it a easier rate? What do we have to lose? This is a 15 year old game and we have a small community here playing it, you're telling me that it's so much of a problem making it 1/50 or something low without HH is really going to bust the game up? If anything it'll lower prices of the damn things like I expressed in my shitty economy thread.

But that's what it comes down to right? Money. Larva doesn't want the drop rate to go down because if they're easier to get the prices go down and if the prices go down Larva doesn't get as much donation money. Tell me I'm wrong. I almost want you to. Larva, if I'm wrong, please tell me the main reason why we can't have an easier drop rate? It would just be nice for you to please the community that has stuck with you on this 15 year old game. The priority should be "whatever the community is happy with" mentality and not "what gets me more money" on a game that is 2 generations old.

I didn't want to bring that up because I wasn't sure if there was another motive that would justify such an unbalanced rate and I wanted to see if Soly or Larva would chime in with any substance. But I agree, it definitely appears that way.

Just now, Chriscal said:

I didn't want to bring that up because I wasn't sure if there was another motive that would justify such an unbalanced rate and I wanted to see if Soly or Larva would chime in with any substance. But I agree, it definitely appears that way.

This thread is probably going to be locked by Soly faster than we'd ever hear from Larva to disprove that being the reason why he wants the rates so high.

My prediction: We'll never hear from Larva on the matter until one of the GM's themselves brings it up.

Just now, Auroboro said:

This thread is probably going to be locked by Soly faster than we'd ever hear from Larva to disprove that being the reason why he wants the rates so high.

My prediction: We'll never hear from Larva on the matter until one of the GM's themselves brings it up.

Haha I'm sitting here waiting for it to get out of hand, like it almost did on pg4, before I lock it.

I like to think that Larva cares about this kind of thing, as he seemed to be upset when he heard how much STA was going for last event.  I'm not going to pretend to speak for him or know his motives, but I don't think he's trying to drive the price up.  One of the surest ways to bring a server down is to mess it's economy up.  Ultima isn't int he best position there already, so I'd like to think that no one is intentionally working to mess it up more.

1 minute ago, Lemon said:

Haha I'm sitting here waiting for it to get out of hand, like it almost did on pg4, before I lock it.

I like to think that Larva cares about this kind of thing, as he seemed to be upset when he heard how much STA was going for last event.  I'm not going to pretend to speak for him or know his motives, but I don't think he's trying to drive the price up.  One of the surest ways to bring a server down is to mess it's economy up.  Ultima isn't int he best position there already, so I'd like to think that no one is intentionally working to mess it up more.

And here I thought you were looking at terms and conditions Lemon ^_^

I like to think he has good intentions also. I've always kept an open mind on this but at this point the idea that this might be the reason why is almost too good to not be true. I just want him to comment on it and prove/disprove stuff. Give us answers. But I do like to think he's got good intentions.

Lemon get on teamspeak so I can ruffle your hair already. I miss you lol.:cc-in-love:

As I said in the beginning, more likely than not nothing at all is going to be done and all this discussion is just going to fall on deaf ears. Maybe somebody will take mercy and make the rate decent for the last week or so.

Just now, rayblasterx said:

@Auroboro Dude you want every single item at stupidly low rates. You are just the opposite end of the spectrum. 1/50? That's easier than an RR and 1/17 on hh. Get real. 

It was a spitball!!! :onion-head48:

I'm going to lock this.  I might open it back up tomorrow, but it's causing too many problems tonight and it's veered off topic.

Reopened. 

EDIT: Kush asked me to sell his pgf at 1,000 dts for a 75% commission.

Edited by Lemon

I know this is not PSO2.. but.. 14☆ weapons just came out.. and the only shot you get at them is through an scheduled event that you can only run like three times a day or so. The drop rates are also so bad, that the current statistics show 1 person per ship/server getting 1 14☆ a -week-. Yeaaaahhhhhhhhhhh..............................  Do not worry and also do not burn yourself out.. It will come when you least expect it most likely~

Edited by Berrymilk

Alright, lets chime in again.

10 hours ago, yanvbraz said:

Just some thoughs, only the owner of the server can decide things. I really don't see how many PGFs dropping can affect negatively the Larva's life... More people would be willing to sphere their DWs, increase Hit, etc, more people would be motivated to play and of course that would encourage donating etc. But the way things are going, this game is really becoming a pay-to-win thing.

But if we don't have PGF on the donation list, you can't pay to win it....

7 hours ago, Auroboro said:

Definitely, considering we even had death threats over this whole thing (not exactly the PGF stuff), I'd say this has gone longer than it should.

7 hours ago, Auroboro said:

But that's what it comes down to right? Money. Larva doesn't want the drop rate to go down because if they're easier to get the prices go down and if the prices go down Larva doesn't get as much donation money. Tell me I'm wrong. I almost want you to. Larva, if I'm wrong, please tell me the main reason why we can't have an easier drop rate? It would just be nice for you to please the community that has stuck with you on this 15 year old game. The priority should be "whatever the community is happy with" mentality and not "what gets me more money" on a game that is 2 generations old.

Comes down to money? ... should I remember you that PGF was on the donation list.

You (and everyone else) can say it's all about money all day long but  makes no sense for larva to remove one of the most donated items (when it was available) if it was all about money.

Also, look at what yanvbraz said, if he lowers the rate people will get lots of pgfs and want to increase atts and hit on their new DWs.. so what's that? oh yeah more money but wait a second... its not all about money.

Why can't you guys have an easier rate? because is not a saber what you will be getting.

So yeah, it might not be "whatever the community is happy with", (because some won't be happy until it's rate is 2/1), but it definitely is not "what gets me more money".

• Like 8