The PGF rate is ridiculous

mudkipzjm

1 minute ago, Starlord said:

People's way of thinking is abismal. It won't take you 341 runs to get a pgf. It could be less, could be more. The fact of the matter is pgf won't be a year round drop. So give up that idea people. I would keep hunting no mater the rate because if you do end up getting at least one would be worth it. Some of you already spent hours afking in lobby anyways so if you think hunting pgf is a waste of time you should analyze your life better XD

oh boy :cr-yesss:

1 hour ago, Soly said:

And even then you would not have it guaranteed... if you ran every single minute of the event you could still not get it... that logic makes no sense 

c30.gif

It does make sense, I have alot of respect for you and as such, I would never patronize you, so please don't patronize me. What it appears that you are saying is that the rate could be 1/2 and you could still technically never get it. Thank you, I do in fact understand the way rates work, but that does not justify making an absurd rate of 1/341.

My point is that a rate should be something you can expect to achieve. 

For example, if the rate was 1/2. You should at least be able to complete 2 kills of "Insert monster here" by the time the event ends. That doesn't guarantee everyone a drop, I know, but at least the average person can expect to get one if he puts the effort in.

Edited by Chriscal

I am the type of person RRR is talking about, I put as much time in as I can without pissing off the misses, while also making time to see the family for the holidays. However, I have put a significant effort into getting PGF but to no avail. I could deduce it the fact that maybe I am not "putting in enough" effort, but when I see how hard others have attempting to acquire this item it makes me weep a little. PGF makes the best weapons in the game, granted not everyone should easily have one, but it should also not cost 400 plus USD. That is ludicrous...I wouldn't dare ask for anything more than an open mind to hear an honest opinion. 

• Like 1

Yeah and I could flip a coin 10 times and get heads 10 times but it's unlikely. There are always going to be extremes of luck where there were people who got it in very few runs or people who did way more runs than should be needed for the rate, but we are talking probability here and I think everyone understands that. Actually the way I look at it is that you shouldn't count on getting it BEFORE you've done say 10 runs if it were 1/10 drop. You could always get lucky and get it on run 1, but could be run 20, hell, could possibly NEVER happen no matter how many times you ran it, probability is a bitch like that. 

Hell, I don't tell people to not bother, I still say they should do it, I just think back to this one guy who I laughed at when he asked me to help him get a cent battle when there were seriously minutes left  in the summer event. It dropped off the first epsilon we killed, which made me laugh even more at the wonderful luck

Sorry @Chriscal lol the fact that it's 1 and something means there will always be a chance of luck and a chance of it to drop so either way it's available to all. Everyone has a chance of it dropping lol. If you decide to not play during the entire event that's the only way you don't have a chance of it dropping. Even if you did 1 run you might magically see a red box. Might be a pd though lol

seriously stop crying.... i wish the rate was 1/34111111 then maybe i wouldnt have to revive  all the morons dying with DF the whole run.... 

i get it tho, u want the rate 1/33 so u can have as many of them as u want.. classic greedy player point of veiw

Edited by Terrybriggs711
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, NightGen16 said:

Sorry @Chriscal lol the fact that it's 1 and something means there will always be a chance of luck and a chance of it to drop so either way it's available to all. Everyone has a chance of it dropping lol. If you decide to not play during the entire event that's the only way you don't have a chance of it dropping. Even if you did 1 run you might magically see a red box. Might be a pd though lol

Thanks night, there is no reason to be sorry. I understand that luck is involved. Statistically speaking though, luck is involved less and less as the rate becomes closer to 1/1. 

1 minute ago, Terrybriggs711 said:

seriously stop crying.... i wish the rate was 1/34111111 then maybe i wouldnt have to revive  all the morons dying with DF the whole run.... 

ROFL! That is gold!

• Like 2

What kind of morons are you playing with? Most dfs are used situationally, if you use df 24/7 at that low hp you are asking to die. I can rt runs with df without dying but there's a limit still XD

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Terrybriggs711 said:

Can you get through an entire run without getting hit? If not, you are also a moron :) welcome to the club, we have some fun times here

Edited by TripleR

3 hours ago, yanvbraz said:

It is really hard to believe it was 1/341 since start of event, but well I'm not complaining. I just think that anyone seeing this rate would really demotivate people. If it was a rate for a year round drop, nice, that would be okay, but that rate for an item that everyone desires and only drops for 1 month of the year in fact is insane.

Would you think that it is fair that someone that waited a whole year to get their DW to wait for another year because the droprate is super high? How are people going to help others when it is unlikely that they will get a DW for themselves?

Just some thoughs, only the owner of the server can decide things. I really don't see how many PGFs dropping can affect negatively the Larva's life... More people would be willing to sphere their DWs, increase Hit, etc, more people would be motivated to play and of course that would encourage donating etc. But the way things are going, this game is really becoming a pay-to-win thing.

I really don't need anymore to lose nights of sleep to get what I wanted, but I care about the people who can't afford the "lovely dws" they wanted.

Perfectly said

Just now, Starlord said:

What kind of morons are you playing with? Most dfs are used situationally, if you use df 24/7 at that low hp you are asking to die. I can rt runs with df without dying but there's a limit still XD

yes a veteren player thats had a DF is probally awesome, but most player try to use it entire run screaming at ppl not to use resta, pretty annyong in general, i prefer not to play with DF players just slows u down

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Terrybriggs711 said:

yes a veteren player thats had a DF is probally awesome, but most player try to use it entire run screaming at ppl not to use resta, pretty annyong in general, i prefer not to play with DF players just slows u down

Well now you know why majority of ultima players play ranger and have more dms than they are DFs. I noticed this when I first started playing here, and not a lot has changed XD 

From the bottom of my empty heart I hope all of y'all get one pgf at least and then we will find another thing to complaint about. 

Hmmm maybe SOV rate when they start dropping :o

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, TripleR said:

Can you get through an entire run without getting hit? If not, you are also a moron :) welcome to the club, we have some fun times here

Incase you missed the shoutbox.. go lick a wet towel.  Not 1 person i know here will even play a game with you, your a wannabe keyboard warrior. i didnt say a word to you and u want to call me moron, you wouldnt last 10 seconds in a room with me

Edited by Lemon

Incase you missed the shoutbox.. go fuck your self.  Not 1 person i know here will even play a game with you, your a wannabe keyboard warrior. i didnt say a word to you and u want to call me moron, you wouldnt last 10 seconds in a room with me

^ Uhm lol.

To the main point, I feel like this is just going to go on forever almost. I mean, yeah, the biggest con about the drop is that it's a drop rate that's for a 1 time a year boss. I mean.. I don't think anybody that has an issue with this rate would mind it so much if its a year-round drop. If people were complaining about it then, that would be absurd, but the fact is we're not. We are complaining about how it takes forever to get even if it's a 1 time a year thing.

At this point what does Larva have to lose making it a easier rate? What do we have to lose? This is a 15 year old game and we have a small community here playing it, you're telling me that it's so much of a problem making it 1/50 or something low without HH is really going to bust the game up? If anything it'll lower prices of the damn things like I expressed in my shitty economy thread.

But that's what it comes down to right? Money. Larva doesn't want the drop rate to go down because if they're easier to get the prices go down and if the prices go down Larva doesn't get as much donation money. Tell me I'm wrong. I almost want you to. Larva, if I'm wrong, please tell me the main reason why we can't have an easier drop rate? It would just be nice for you to please the community that has stuck with you on this 15 year old game. The priority should be "whatever the community is happy with" mentality and not "what gets me more money" on a game that is 2 generations old.

• Like 3