The PGF rate is ridiculous

mudkipzjm

really you guys was here for last pgf event,,i found one the hold event,,i see more drop this event then the last one,,

last pgf event you can run 4 hh in a role and not one pgf drop

i see almost one pgf drop every hh..if not two ,,,

the rate is better then the last pgf 

• Like 1

@Misombre I've been on server very long and have seen the drop rate get worse every year lol. First year I missed event second year it was like 1/128 and there wasn't as many players online so most your runs you were soloing or if you had a friend that played also you would run them shits to the ground till you got one at least if not the most. Next year I miss majority so I said forget hunting like the year before lol. Then I come back the following year and it's like 1/348 and i was like I want a DF and a Psycho bridge i hit over 300+ runs for two and my first didn't come till like 200 lol so luckily I had the time to put in that much work. And I knew several other people who put in work for it. And another thing by then there was things like Ultima reaper hundred souls arrest needle basically buck ass weapons that you could use in replace of these "Best Weapons". I can literally take one of those weapons and rekt everything with them. So you can be raw without DW. Now there's Lindcray Banana Cannon  slicer of vengeance like ridiculous weapons that are game changers 

• Like 1

Let me get this straight, on average it will take someone 341 runs to get ONE PGF? Is it even possible to farm RT 341 times with non-PGF assisted gear during the course of the event? My point being, noone can 'expect' to receive this item in the given time even though some will get lucky. This is even more unreasonable especially during the holiday season. I feel like its important to state that other PSO servers have the rate faster than 1/100 and its available year round. Don't get me wrong, I love Ultima and will preach all day that it is the best server in existence by leaps and bounds! As much as I am grateful for all the things this server does for its users, 1/341 drop rate is just a mistake. Why shouldn't Ultima strive to be the best server in every way and have a reasonable rate? Shouldn't the rate be even higher if its only available for 1 month out of the year? I'm sorry Ultima, 1/(anything above 100) is unreasonable and is fitting an agenda that does not benefit its player-base.

20 minutes ago, Misombre said:

What's funny if you look at it under another angle is this other kind of "crying" that some of those all mighty people who "already get it" ignore : the famous "Man in my time it was sooo hard ! Why would you not hunt it like I did ? You'll see, that's the shit, do it like a man, that's the only good way."

Those people are crying because they fear that everyone also got it. They fear to not be the most powerful pixel bunch on this old geezer that pso is.

This label "best weapon", "ultimate accomplishment" and so on. What is it finally ? A freaking loto ; that's it. The run leading to this loto, we know how to do it, we've become expert in doing it. Some people may even dream about it. And this run leads to a loto. What is great in getting lucky by wasting your time ?

I like a good game to be hard. Very hard. Very very hard if you want. Am sorry but RNG is not what I call hard. It is luck. So quit it with your pride, that's pitiful really.

I don't see anyone complaining about more PGFs dropping. I agree that the "ultimate accomplishment" is a lotto, but that doesn't take away from the "brownie points" that come with owning a DW. When I started out, I and the low leveled people I played with would always be in awe whenever we saw a DW user join the room and sweep rooms in seconds. Nowadays, that hasn't changed. If I join a room with low levels in it, theres a fair chance someone will comment on how broken my DW is and ask how to get one. Its not a pride thing. Its just a fact. Having the rate at what it is, will give someone all the satisfaction in the pso world when they get that banner.

I just mean that, we are just playing a game, not questing for the Saint Graal out there.

People are making tons out of it. There is no glory or achievement ; there is contentement and ephemeral joy though. And that's one of the reasons some people are playing games.

1/341 with a normal life (work, family, friends, etc.) is exactly the kind of drop rate that could never happen to you. When I mean never, I mean, year after year, you can perfectly keep missing it.

Now, yeah, what if we miss it ? Nothing, we'll just do like we used to do. But don't dare come at people with elitism. Plus in a game... that's even more nonsense.

• Like 1

@chriscal something like 170 hours? if you can make well timed runs at it. And actually I would say hunting a pgf is much less (high end) gear dependent if you are hunting it in seabed. Seabed is slow at first to learn the maps but once you get the hang of them it's easy enough. Even better if you unlock 8-3 govt quest. 

Okay so question for @Soly, was the rate changed or was this the rate all along?

If it was does that really seem fair? I did alright this event but what kind of frustrates me here is that I can literally give as much time as I feel like it towards this game, not working for the next few months, no school, I have to feed myself and take after my dog and that's really it. My point is changing the rate at this point is really unfair to anyone who doesn't really have that kind of time to spend, especially given the holidays and whatnot it is totally believable. I just find it really sucks to see friends of mine trying to juggle hunting pgf and also having to still live a regular persons life, especially when they still haven't got one up until now. 

Ultima Server: We welcome the rich or unemployed! (this is just a joke haha sorry had to do it :) )

• Like 4

From what I know, it shouldn't ... but as I told to R-78, I didn't set them up this time, it was Larva.

As I told him too, we have already more than 55 dropped so for the most wanted item seems good to me.

Its really the best weapon on this game, and u want dropp this easy ? i've make a lot of run for dropp him and i dont have, i'm not cry

but its the same if u want to buy a lobster for 1 dollars/ unity, u just need try and have luck

I cry i never dropp Handgun on Olga Flow who is this drop rate pls ?

A man does not think this rate is fair. A man does not think raising rate from initial rate is fair. A man shall not waste his time anymore with pgf.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, TripleR said:

@chriscal something like 170 hours? if you can make well timed runs at it.

So you are telling me, if PGF is available for 21 days, you would need to farm 8 hours a day for all 21 days in order to 'expect' to get one by the end of the event... AND only assuming you are able to make well timed consistent runs?

8 HOURS A DAY!? and that's just to an average! God forbid you spend 8 hours a day and still not get one. 

• Like 2

@misombre Again, I don't see anyone being a DW elitist. As for the rate, you just have to be lucky. Of course someone with a normal life can get it. How many times have we heard of someone getting a big item on their 1st run? And how many times have we heard of someone doing 1000000000+ runs and getting nothing? The people with all the time in the world have just as good or bad a chance as those with families, etc. Besides, Soly says that more than 55 dropped. Theres still 9 days left and the most people ever logged in at once falls between 120-150 and thats not counting multi logging. 55 dropping is extremely high for those numbers. The rate is fine.

Edited by rayblasterx

People's way of thinking is abismal. It won't take you 341 runs to get a pgf. It could be less, could be more. The fact of the matter is pgf won't be a year round drop. So give up that idea people. I would keep hunting no mater the rate because if you do end up getting at least one would be worth it. Some of you already spent hours afking in lobby anyways so if you think hunting pgf is a waste of time you should analyze your life better XD