The PGF rate is ridiculous

mudkipzjm

57 minutes ago, shong said:

I did like 150+ runs mostly during HH and saw exactly 0 drop in a game I was in when everyone thought it was an easy drop, and my thought was that a few people just got lucky and the rate was in fact probably very difficult. I got burned out soloing 32 minute RTs for a guaranteed chance to get one if it dropped or doing 20 minute 2-4 man RTs for a lower chance of getting one if it dropped. Seeing that the rate is 1/341 just reinforces my belief that some people were very fortunate and now that people aren't getting very lucky, it just seems the rate is harder. I promise there were plenty of other people that did 100+ runs almost all during HH very early in the event that got no PGF. I haven't played in over a week and don't really plan to play again for a while, getting nothing from Olga for a hundred hours of grinding (and the horse shit of getting 4 noob/hp total from over 120 presents)Ā took the fun out of the game for me. Maybe Valentine's or Easter. If I had known it was 1/341 from the start, I doubt I would've even bothered trying to get one. For some people it's worth it to run hundreds of RTs, to me it's not. If 1/341 was a year round drop rate that would be fine and I'd be cool running a bunch of RT now and then until I got one. For one event I just feel forced to do 1 quest to the point that I'm not enjoying the game any more.

Boy aint this the entire truth. your post hit the most bars lolĀ 

Don't forget that lots of people went hunting Girasole when they saw the drop rate on Yellowboze ...

There are not as many RT rooms as there used to be in the beginning of event.Ā 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, R-78 said:

Don't forget that lots of people went hunting Girasole when they saw the drop rate on Yellowboze ...

There are not as many RT rooms as there used to be in the beginning of event.Ā 

Because the pgf rate is out of hand ... i am not willing to put in 145 hours for a 63% chance of getting pgfĀ 

1 hour ago, Auroboro said:

I mean, I always tend to play devils advocate for this stuff.

On one hand, it's a drop rate for a 1 time a year drop that takes an upwards of 40 minutes (if you're solo for some people) to do. That sounds plain scandalous.

But on the other hand, it IS an item that can make the best weapons in the game.

At this point I think the it is the overwhelming fact that the cons outweigh the pros for this drop. There's nothing cool about making a boss drop 1/341 1 time a year for 2 weeks.

Idk, but I think we all know that at the end of the day complaining about it wont matter because Larva doesn'tĀ reallyĀ care and the GM's wont speak out against Larva anyways.

For the record .. the GMs do speak to him about things like this and a lot of the new items its the GMs who take their time in creating them for us and of course they go through dumb approval processes but they do be trying.Ā At the end of the day its his server so he can do whatever he wants with it.Ā 

1 minute ago, NightGen16 said:

For the record .. the GMs do speak to him about things like this and a lot of the new items its the GMs who take their time in creating them for us and of course they go through dumb approval processes but they do be trying.Ā At the end of the day its his server so he can do whatever he wants with it.Ā 

Pablo Larva el EscobarĀ 

18 minutes ago, TripleR said:

I mean it may have been harder in the past but was it also not on the donation list as well? This is kind of important to note, because at least back then you could trade stuff for DTs to get a pgf, so if you missed it in the event it wasn't like, oh hey go get bent for the next year unless you plan on dropping 300-500 dollars or farming up that much dts worth of things to sell to others. Either one is pretty painful...

I agree the prices are a bit ridiculous as of now and it was a bit easier to get a hand on a PGF because of the donations (however, i don't think when I started I could donate for one). The point I was trying to make was that it hasn't really gottenĀ much harder since then. In my opinion, the pricing system in this game has inflated very much and it is becoming harder for people that don't want to donate to get valuable weapons. I don't see the drop rate for PGF being the sole cause of that problem. It is also important to remember that Larva and other GMs don't like a bunch of dark weapons in the game and that is why they took it off of the donation list and raise the drop rate in the first place.

Ā 

Tldr: i agree prices are ridiculous, but don't see PGF drop rate as the sole cause of that.

• Like 1

What's funny if you look at it under another angleĀ is this otherĀ kind of "crying" that some ofĀ those all mighty people who "already get it" ignore : the famous "Man in my time it was sooo hard ! Why would you not hunt it like I did ? You'll see, that's the shit, do it like a man, that's the only good way."

Those people are crying because they fear that everyone alsoĀ got it. They fear to not be the most powerful pixel bunch onĀ this old geezer that pso is.

Ā 

This label "best weapon", "ultimate accomplishment" and so on. WhatĀ is it finally ? A freaking loto ;Ā that's it. The run leading to this loto, we know how to do it, we've become expert in doing it. Some people may even dream about it. And this run leads to a loto. What is great in getting lucky by wasting your time ?

I like a good game to be hard. Very hard. Very very hard if you want. Am sorry but RNG is not what I call hard. It is luck. So quit it with your pride, that's pitiful really.

• Like 2