The PGF rate is ridiculous

mudkipzjm

This probably will get nowhere, but had to vent so here we go.

As the title states, the rate for PGF is ridiculous. I understand it was an easier drop in the beginning(don't feed me the "it's been the same rate all event long" bs), but the current rate it's at, 1/341, is just too ridiculous. I think this is about the worst rate it's ever been, or at least tied for it. Myself, and several others, are just way too demotivated to hunt PGF after seeing that stupid droprate, which is more than FIVE times what it started out as, at a rate of 1/64 as I was told by a GM that shall remain unnamed. PGF dropped way too often at first to be 1/341, now I barely see 1 drop per HH. This isn't asking for the rate to be changed, which would be nice, but just informing to whoever this may concern that the rate is just pure idiocy. 

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

It is really hard to believe it was 1/341 since start of event, but well I'm not complaining. I just think that anyone seeing this rate would really demotivate people. If it was a rate for a year round drop, nice, that would be okay, but that rate for an item that everyone desires and only drops for 1 month of the year in fact is insane.

Would you think that it is fair that someone that waited a whole year to get their DW to wait for another year because the droprate is super high? How are people going to help others when it is unlikely that they will get a DW for themselves?

Just some thoughs, only the owner of the server can decide things. I really don't see how many PGFs dropping can affect negatively the Larva's life... More people would be willing to sphere their DWs, increase Hit, etc, more people would be motivated to play and of course that would encourage donating etc. But the way things are going, this game is really becoming a pay-to-win thing.

I really don't need anymore to lose nights of sleep to get what I wanted, but I care about the people who can't afford the "lovely dws" they wanted.

Edited by yanvbraz
  • Like 14

Naaah guys, this drop rate is just barely over the top, nothing serious. For a all year around drop that is kinda fine. Oh wait, it... it's not ? Nine days left only ? My bad then...

I remember last year when I just shrug nonchalantly and said something like "Well, we'll see that next year." with my usual optimism. I was only there since a few months though.

Not sure I'll be that optimistic this time ; we'll see.

tl ;dr
Ok. Anyone up for a good beer or a sweet kvass ?

• Like 2

I mean, I always tend to play devils advocate for this stuff.

On one hand, it's a drop rate for a 1 time a year drop that takes an upwards of 40 minutes (if you're solo for some people) to do. That sounds plain scandalous.

But on the other hand, it IS an item that can make the best weapons in the game.

At this point I think the it is the overwhelming fact that the cons outweigh the pros for this drop. There's nothing cool about making a boss drop 1/341 1 time a year for 2 weeks.

Idk, but I think we all know that at the end of the day complaining about it wont matter because Larva doesn't really care and the GM's wont speak out against Larva anyways.

• Like 5

Laugh at the idiots of ultima who had the most sought after core item of the game taken out and turned into a drop during 1 month of the year.

Last year's rate was 1/348 (before it went to 1/204) so this is slightly better. Also is that 1/64 rate during hh or not? Because I highly highly highly highly highly doubt that during hh, they would have the most coveted item in the game at 1/21 during hh. I'm gonna assume it was 1/64 WITH hh which would bring the normal rate to 1/192, easier than last year's second rate. What I think happened was, they set it at 1/192 thinking a slightly better rate would make everyone happy and also not flood the server with a billion new DWs. What Larva or whoever may have forgotten was, was that now we have the individual drop system. That is a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE reason why so many dropped at the beginning of the event. Before this system, everyone who was well geared just solo'd because the runs were faster and the item was guaranteed and you don't have to wait on anyone. Weaker people however, had to team up to hunt and everyone just waits their turn, solo with terrible times, or just not hunt at all. But with the individual drop system, EVERYONE no matter how under geared, can hunt a pgf. So with that in mind, with more people hunting, comes a lot more PGFs. More than what our overlords may have wanted. They see that now and have to fix the rate before everyone on the server has a DW and the whole fun of playing to acquire one is completely meaningless.

dw edit: Personally, and I've said this before, I believe PGF SHOULD be very very hard to get. I got mine hunting at the same rate everyone else is. People can deny it all they want but most people's end goal is to achieve a DW. That is the driving force, the ultimate accomplishment, of the game. If I never got a PGF, I wouldn't complain. I would keep on playing until I hit that goal. Lastly, I find it funny that people who DO have DWs complain about the rate. I mean, if it dropped for you (and a  bunch of others), it must not be all that bad huh?

So in closing......

1. NO the rate is not ridiculous. Its difficult but it has been attained by many many people.

2. You have one so why complain?

3. Its the ultimate goal of the game, it should not be easy.

4. dw

Edited by rayblasterx
  • Like 6

I did like 150+ runs mostly during HH and saw exactly 0 drop in a game I was in when everyone thought it was an easy drop, and my thought was that a few people just got lucky and the rate was in fact probably very difficult. I got burned out soloing 32 minute RTs for a guaranteed chance to get one if it dropped or doing 20 minute 2-4 man RTs for a lower chance of getting one if it dropped. Seeing that the rate is 1/341 just reinforces my belief that some people were very fortunate and now that people aren't getting very lucky, it just seems the rate is harder. I promise there were plenty of other people that did 100+ runs almost all during HH very early in the event that got no PGF. I haven't played in over a week and don't really plan to play again for a while, getting nothing from Olga for a hundred hours of grinding (and the horse shit of getting 4 noob/hp total from over 120 presents) took the fun out of the game for me. Maybe Valentine's or Easter. If I had known it was 1/341 from the start, I doubt I would've even bothered trying to get one. For some people it's worth it to run hundreds of RTs, to me it's not. If 1/341 was a year round drop rate that would be fine and I'd be cool running a bunch of RT now and then until I got one. For one event I just feel forced to do 1 quest to the point that I'm not enjoying the game any more.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, shong said:

I did like 150+ runs mostly during HH and saw exactly 0 drop in a game I was in when everyone thought it was an easy drop, and my thought was that a few people just got lucky and the rate was in fact probably very difficult. I got burned out soloing 32 minute RTs for a guaranteed chance to get one if it dropped or doing 20 minute 2-4 man RTs for a lower chance of getting one if it dropped. Seeing that the rate is 1/341 just reinforces my belief that some people were very fortunate and now that people aren't getting very lucky, it just seems the rate is harder. I promise there were plenty of other people that did 100+ runs almost all during HH very early in the event that got no PGF. I haven't played in over a week and don't really plan to play again for a while, getting nothing from Olga for a hundred hours of grinding (and the horse shit of getting 4 noob/hp total from over 120 presents) took the fun out of the game for me. Maybe Valentine's or Easter. If I had known it was 1/341 from the start, I doubt I would've even bothered trying to get one. For some people it's worth it to run hundreds of RTs, to me it's not. If 1/341 was a year round drop rate that would be fine and I'd be cool running a bunch of RT now and then until I got one. For one event I just feel forced to do 1 quest to the point that I'm not enjoying the game any more.

You summed up my thoughts perfectly. the worst part is the obligation to hunt this thing, due to it only being around for a month. I did around 150 runs last year and got nothing, i feel your pain.

Edited by ultrajerky

I have played on this server for a while, and I think my first christmas event the rate was at 1/128 if i remember correctly. At that time, happy hours were going on probably only like twice a week (and I would usually be sleeping at that time). Now, with Happy hours on the rate is even lower than it was in 2011. if it is true that it was at one point 1/64 then I guess it did techinically get a fair bit harder but at the same time the server was much smaller and in my opinion a little harder to fond someone to help you run RT. I guess I'm just not that mad about the rate because I already have a trusty DM. :v

TLDR: the rate may have gotten harder but I think it is still a reasonable one compared to past drop rates, and we get more HH now.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, mrchibbs said:

I have played on this server for a while, and I think my first christmas event the rate was at 1/128 if i remember correctly. At that time, happy hours were going on probably only like twice a week (and I would usually be sleeping at that time). Now, with Happy hours on the rate is even lower than it was in 2011. if it is true that it was at one point 1/64 then I guess it did techinically get a fair bit harder but at the same time the server was much smaller and in my opinion a little harder to fond someone to help you run RT. I guess I'm just not that mad about the rate because I already have a trusty DM. :v

TLDR: the rate may have gotten harder but I think it is still a reasonable one compared to past drop rates, and we get more HH now.

I mean it may have been harder in the past but was it also not on the donation list as well? This is kind of important to note, because at least back then you could trade stuff for DTs to get a pgf, so if you missed it in the event it wasn't like, oh hey go get bent for the next year unless you plan on dropping 300-500 dollars or farming up that much dts worth of things to sell to others. Either one is pretty painful...

But it's also really hard for some people to put in the time to get an item with a rate like that. I mean it's do-able but not garunteed. That is to say, if you play this like a full time job you will most likely get one, if you are one of those unfortunate poor souls who have to work or a living or have a life outside of here. Your chances of getting it are pretty piss poor, although you should still try incase you get lucky. 

Edited by TripleR
  • Like 1

i love reading how much people have been crying lol but i agree with all of y'all.. this rate is ridiculous once again if that's what it is 1/341. My GOD 

• Like 1