Interaction between Ultima and other private PSO server installs

I just discovered Ultima a few days ago and have been having a blast. This is one of my all time favorite games and being able to play it - WITH PEOPLE - has been amazing. There is a great community here.

I hope I am not about to ask a taboo question. If it is, I really apologize.

I am a game developer and own a 20+ year old indie studio. A gaming media friend told me about Ultima one night when I was reminiscing about PSO. I love the way this server is set up, I love the bonux XP to speed things up, and the people are great.

Then I recently also found another server called "Ephinea" and while I am not looking for another place to play regular characters, their sandbox mode where you can make items and stuff is interesting and it might be a better place for me to play with my daughters who don't have time to grind. I can just make items, cool mags, etc. for them and all that.

Is it possible/feasible to have both installed and alternate play without messing up my configurations? I'd like to play Ultima as my 'legit' character and Sandbox Ephinea as my experimentation character.

Is there anything I need to be aware of? I already noticed just installing Ephinea that the next time I launched PSO Ultima that my graphic settings were reset and some other base config options (like remember login info). 

Anything else I need to bear in mind to be able to swap between the two servers?

Thanks!

thats possible and also allowed of course :3

ur free will.

only thing is, that the option will stay from ULTIMA only on ULTIMA and from Ephinea only on Ephinea.

The thing that will change is, that u would have to enter ur password everytime u change between ULTIMA and ephenia... even if u set it to "remember"

Just as I replied in your topic in Ephinea.

It was reset because the installer modifies the registry, you can have both just fine.

The only problem you'd have is username and password, due to different encryption, even if you use the same password they won't work for both clients.

I'd recommend you to log in into the servers one at a time, reach the character selection screen then export your registry settings and save it in a *.reg file, when running this reg file it will overwrite the registry data and set the previously saved password.

If you do that with both servers then you'd have a quick way to swap passwords around without typing them.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Soly said:

It was reset because the installer modifies the registry, you can have both just fine.

The only problem you'd have is username and password, due to different encryption, even if you use the same password they won't work for both clients.

I'd recommend you to log in into the servers one at a time, reach the character selection screen then export your registry settings and save it in a *.reg file, when running this reg file it will overwrite the registry data and set the previously saved password.

If you do that with both servers then you'd have a quick way to swap passwords around without typing them.

:cr-what:

It's a shame we dont collaborate with schthack on a few things either tbh. They have some pretty sweet lotto designs (especially from 2010) that I think Ultima could incredibly benefit from (and wouldn't be an issue given most of us already lobby whore). But alas, people here have an unnatural and quite frankly unnecessary (also uneducated) hatred for schthack for whatever reason. So that may not ever happen.

I can already see people reporting me just for mentioning the name "Schthack" on this server.

1 hour ago, Auroboro said:

It's a shame we dont collaborate with schthack on a few things either tbh. They have some pretty sweet lotto designs (especially from 2010) that I think Ultima could incredibly benefit from (and wouldn't be an issue given most of us already lobby whore). But alas, people here have an unnatural and quite frankly unnecessary (also uneducated) hatred for schthack for whatever reason. So that may not ever happen.

I can already see people reporting me just for mentioning the name "Schthack" on this server.

I doubt they would collaborate with us.  I've gone over a few times to ask for qedit help to no avail.

Just now, Lemon said:

I doubt they would collaborate with us.  I've gone over a few times to ask for qedit help to no avail.

Well the Qedit guys over there are dicks tbh. Most of them think they are godsend to us. Regardless, I'm sure if you asked YAA he'd help lol.

• 6 years later...
On 1/2/2017 at 1:32 AM, Soly said:

this took a few hours to guess where it was(my only refrence was the all caps sega folder never messed with psobb registry till now),it is the sonicteam reg folder(?) was lucky to find this thread so thanks for the sugestion :onion-head71:

1 hour ago, Jabir Wilson said:

this took a few hours to guess where it was(my only refrence was the all caps sega folder never messed with psobb registry till now),it is the sonicteam reg folder(?) was lucky to find this thread so thanks for the sugestion :onion-head71:

old post i dont do this i choose ultima launcher and it has it all saved there pick acc in ephi exit then run ephi launcher start game done

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, ink said:

old post i dont do this i choose ultima launcher and it has it all saved there pick acc in ephi exit then run ephi launcher start game done

rip i should have also said i dont quickly recognize the diffrence between two usernames so that works a lot better yea just not for me yet lol 

Edited by Jabir Wilson
spelling, smooth brain

Might as well reply...
As Ink said, my launcher saves the combination of username and password as a unique account, so you can even save other server's credentials (note that the password is never decrypted, only the encrypted data is used).

I suppose I added this feature after my post on 2017 but yeah...
I think I also made some modifications to avoid causing conflicts regarding the options of the game in general.

• Thanks 2