Launching Issue

I am having an issue with launching the game. Installer downloads fine. I can run it and the launcher pops up. The updates download fine, but when I click start game it gives me an error message. There is no number on the message it simply states that "launcher can't launch game. Please be sure that you have the launcher in the installation directory of psobb, and psobb.exe exists there". The only problem is that the ultima psobb folder doesn't seem to show in my downloads folder(where I sent it to during the upload). If I could get some help that would be awesome. I'm excited to become apart of this community.

Edited by roomfurtwo

The launcher has to be where you installed the game.
If you didn't change the location of the installation, it should be in D:\Ultima PSOBB\, if you don't have a partition with the letter D, then it should be on whatever your OS partition is.

21 hours ago, Soly said:

The launcher has to be where you installed the game.
If you didn't change the location of the installation, it should be in D:\Ultima PSOBB\, if you don't have a partition with the letter D, then it should be on whatever your OS partition is.

We really should change back that to C: instance of D:

4 minutes ago, Larva said:

We really should change back that to C: instance of D:

Its not a problem.
I prefer it in D:, because most of the time C: is the OS partition and has a few more restrictions regarding to file operations and other things.

1 hour ago, Soly said:

Its not a problem.
I prefer it in D:, because most of the time C: is the OS partition and has a few more restrictions regarding to file operations and other things.

I know you prefer it in the D,  but not everyone has a D drive versus the fact that 100% has a C drive. And its been working just fine since always in the C drive.

8 minutes ago, Larva said:

I know you prefer it in the D,  but not everyone has a D drive versus the fact that 100% has a C drive. And its been working just fine since always in the C drive.

Naughty :rf-02:

Not everyone has a D: partition, true.
Everyone has a C: partition, false.

But that's irrelevant, I just tried and the installer prompts you that the default location is not found.
I guess for most people that should be fine and they would select a different location, I guess I'll change it just to avoid any lazy people complaining that they have to click a button.

It does work fine, as long as the antivirus doesn't crap itself.

• Like 1
On 12/22/2016 at 10:52 PM, Soly said:

Naughty :rf-02:

Not everyone has a D: partition, true.
Everyone has a C: partition, false.

But that's irrelevant, I just tried and the installer prompts you that the default location is not found.
I guess for most people that should be fine and they would select a different location, I guess I'll change it just to avoid any lazy people complaining that they have to click a button.

It does work fine, as long as the antivirus doesn't crap itself.

Cool

• 5 months later...
4 hours ago, telfer01429 said:

I don't know if there's a more up to date thread or not, but I can't get it installed and running on either drive, I'm getting the same error message pop up and that's with my firewalls and defenses all turned off. any other suggestions please?

Have you confirmed that the file psobb.exe is present in the directory where the launcher is?

• 2 weeks later...

I am having this same issue. Here is what i have done this far:

-Disabled Antivirus prior to Downloading game.

-Full Game Install

-Updated fully and tried to launch with same error OP is getting.

-Located folder and saw that the psobb.exe is in the same client folder as the launcher.

-Launcher Installation  ( seperate and requires extracting file into folder)

-Tried to make an exception in DEP for it which it didn't allow me to. So I Disabled Secure Boot in order to fully Turn off DEP.

-Go to Launch after following all the info provided through another psobb private server.

Same exact error ?

Running this on Windows 10 on a HP laptop. Someone please help. I am a Pso ep. 1&2 veteran GC as well as a PSO2 Veteran. My friend sent me the link and plays this currently. I am looking forward to playing this online finally with my friend who used to play this with me all the time as a kid. Please assist me with some insight. Thank you! ?

Here is a link to the Tech Help guide I am Referring to:

https://www.pioneer2.net/community/threads/new-to-game-installing-for-first-time-read-this.6417/

Edited by Seth365
Grammar Correction

Is it running as administrator? Also try running in compatability mode. (The game not thr launcher)

One thing i have seen within the forums that i should have (2) .exe files correct? One being psobb.exe and online.exe?

because i only have psobb.exe and online.exe is not anywhere in my Ultimapso folder. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and it is still not showing up. Idk if this is the issue but i keep getting psobb.exe is not in the folder error even though i clearly see it underneath launcher and psobb.dll in my Ultimapsobb folder...

Are you sure the Launcher is in the correct place?
Is it a file or a shortcut?

Also no, online.exe  (as well as options.exe) were deprecated, we now use Launcher.exe which is the launcher I made with some extra options and stuff.

Edit:
I have added a log to the launcher when psobb.exe cannot be opened.
Please update your launcher and try to run the game again, if the error happens, look into ./log/launcher.log and see where the launcher thinks it is located (a line that says Could not start psobb.exe, current location: Path here).
If the launcher shows the correct location and you can start psobb.exe directly from there (manually clicking it) then something else is going on, maybe antivirus, still or some other protection thingy.