Time Attack on the Test Server?

With the addition of the test server yesterday, it adds the possibility of time attack with the best possible inventory you could ever want. What this thread is about is possibly getting some TA groups going on the test server. Also, it should be discussed whether or not we should allow the use of God Mode and God of equip(can equip any weapon you want) for test server time attack, and if we should make a whole new thread dedicated to the test server time attacks.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Auroboro said:

Do quests that are actually challenging and not TTF/MA/RT/POD/ROCT

Do like Path to Salvation, LSH, quests that actually take some amount of skill or time to do. 

You do realize those two quest don't have a timer and the point of "time" attack is to beat the time of previous runs and Or contenders. Unless you can add a timer to those quest without a timer which wouldn't be half bad.

6 minutes ago, Starlord said:

You do realize those two quest don't have a timer and the point of "time" attack is to beat the time of previous runs and Or contenders. Unless you can add a timer to those quest without a timer which wouldn't be half bad.

you can go to external timer websites and start a timer right as you enter the game, it wouldn't be hard or difficult to replicate.

TAing the exact same quests over and over again for the last 10 years is boring. TA is a joke now, it's all just TTF and RT times and any monkey can do well in TTF if he plays it enough.

I do agree this server does not have enough incentive to TA mainly because a lot of people cry about the equips they have. With this mode I believe it's a great opportunity for the whole server to try something new

11 minutes ago, Shoutgu said:

I do agree this server does not have enough incentive to TA mainly because a lot of people cry about the equips they have. With this mode I believe it's a great opportunity for the whole server to try something new

I second this I also think that the test server should remain up for users to test their items before they purchase....

Remember guys, for now this is just testing my new server.
In fact a few bugs have been already found so calm yo tits about this.... we'll think about it later

For now feel free to go and try it out tho.

I think if it were to be serious then things such as god/equip should not be allowed, besides so far in using it I've found my characters no more effective than they already were the weapons they can use without god of equip. I think this is a good idea though, and it's not like those quests mentioned are the only quests you can TA. There is a whole slew of them, including a lot of very interesting and fun ones. Just no one does max attacks and the mop-up quests because we are all always hunting. That's all well and good too, there were many nice times put up by people hunting in the last event, but it would be cool to see people doing some of the other great quests here.

Count me in, although I am still more interested in TA on the regular server, I just love how this could get others that aren't set up to do it into it, it's defiantely a good thing and I hope it stays up and running

5 minutes ago, Sir Rendlan said:

Does this test serv allow us to use item maker so that way when I want to conduct tests on Ephenia I don't have to try to remember my username and password? xD

Yea it does

This isn't the same a sandbox mode, it isn't "testing" as in users can test out items, but "testing" as in testing the new ship code and such.

Even if people did want to TA on it, then it would have to be far more stringent of requirements (MUST have video submission of run, and showing gear no over 100%attribute/80%hit, no godequip, no godmode, no custom weapons, etc.), need dedicated reviewing of every run to make sure it adheres to such, and runs may be invalidated often based on ship code bugs. I'm inclined to argue against it just to keep things uncomplicated and not have to divide things up. (we don't even have many people who want to TA anything other than their ordinary hunts on the regular server in the first place, and what submitted times do exist are not, for the most part, at a point where Gear is any significant limiting factor).

I know you guys are excited, but this is just for testing soly's new ship code. It is not a "sandbox" mode. If you want to try to compare different strats for a TA run, then you can maybe practice them there to see which would be better, but I would personally prefer if actual serious submitted runs stayed on the regular server.

I dont think you get the point of the topic. Mudkipz is asking whether this new server can be used as a new incentive for TA and a new TA thread. Players don't do much TA on the normal server due to the lack of gear they have.

Also not tryna be rude but it's not like anyone but Soly will do the work so it's up to him. we've already exchanged a few ideas and it would be a work in progress.

12 minutes ago, Shoutgu said:

I dont think you get the point of the topic. Mudkipz is asking whether this new server can be used as a new incentive for TA and a new TA thread. Players don't do much TA on the normal server due to the lack of gear they have.

Also not tryna be rude but it's not like anyone but Soly will do the work so it's up to him. we've already exchanged a few ideas and it would be a work in progress.

Yeah but as I have said quite a few times already... this is only a test to see how my server behaves and fix bugs (that have already appeared)... 
I don't have any intention of keep this up forever (right now)... we'll see later on, but that doesn't mean whoever wants to do anything on it, can do it. (following the rules ofc)

• Like 1

On 12/14/2016 at 10:32 AM, Soly said:

Remember guys, for now this is just testing my new server.
In fact a few bugs have been already found so calm yo tits about this.... we'll think about it later

For now feel free to go and try it out tho.

Like soly said.

Just keep in mind is a test server that someday this will be taking down or wiped or who know. Just keep it in mind.