The Tentacular Truth

Lemon

• 3 months later...

So I just solo'd your quest

sfTAYtd.png

and 4 things :

- Not sure if I'm just unlucky but I always get an underground Delbiter at Wave 7 of Section 30 : a dog that stays under the bridge ... although your monster height look fine

- The section 4 that disallow telepipes, if you die and come back to seabed, you still can't make telepipes and it can really be annoying (especially for me as I died in the very last room and had to run though the entire Seabed level xD)

If you are too lazy to change that, and since you used regular seabed doors, you could also open the forever-locked doors when they are no longer needed.

For example : unlock the doors of section 230 once section 251 is visited (with a switch or in any map event)

- I don't think that comes from your quest but all recoboxes are bugged, the recons are idle, don't move and don't attack

oQ1qNVb.jpg

- Sorry about your secret reward, now I get why you changed it lol

The little room telepipe thing is on my list to fix.

i have no idea about the recons.  Every time i've played they work.  Sometimes other ones just wont.

the delbiter on the bridge seems to be based on player position.  Did you warp up to it to spawn them?

Did you find the hidden thing?

also, nice drop at the end.

1 hour ago, Lemon said:

the delbiter on the bridge seems to be based on player position.

That is because you made Type 1 Delbiters ... Make them Type 0 and it will work.

• 5 months later...

No. They charge to their position but don't hit you.
(IDS is made of type 0 only)

I have run your quest lots of times and I've often been wondering about three things.

1/ Why did you only use ground recoboxes while we knew how to rotate them ?
I guess ceiling recoboxes could be annoying, especially for hunters but mid-height wall boxes would not affect the gameplay and would look pretty in my opinion.
(Oh well I guess that does not matter, it is just what I would do if I had to make a Seabed quest)

2/ You literally used blank type Sinows only. That means the ones that appear invisible (with the little blue light) and directly jump on you.
Some sinows dropping from the ceiling (like most CCA ones) would really be nice, for both the gameplay and the look, as you can see where they appear and get ready before they attack. Or at least make some of them visible.

3/ The player position charging delbiters are very annoying as they are almost undodgeable, even when you know when they spawn.
You really should change their type for some position fixed delbiter spawns so players have a chance to dodge/block them rather than getting mandatory damages everytime.

Also the bonus room script collision is too small, so that you can press the switch without calling the event.

Edited by R-78
format

20 minutes ago, R-78 said:

1/ Why did you only use ground recoboxes while we knew how to rotate them ?

I guess ceiling recoboxes could be annoying, especially for hunters but mid-height wall boxes would not affect the gameplay and would look pretty in my opinion.
(Oh well I guess that does not matter, it is just what I would do if I had to make a Seabed quest)

I have no idea why I didn't.  I know my new quest (that I'm working on) uses wall recoboxes.  I think i figured that out during my debugging and didn't care enough to alter any of the spawns.

20 minutes ago, R-78 said:

2/ You literally used blank type Sinows only. That means the ones that appear invisible (with the little blue light) and directly jump on you.

Some sinows dropping from the ceiling (like most CCA ones) would really be nice, for both the gameplay and the look, as you can see where they appear and get ready before they attack. Or at least make some of them visible.

I tried to make dropping sinow, but never got them to work.  They'd always float around or not fall or were untargetable.  I don't use visible ones because I want them to surprise you.

21 minutes ago, R-78 said:

3/ The player position charging delbiters are very annoying as they are almost undodgeable, even when you know when they spawn.

You really should change their type for some position fixed delbiter spawns so players have a chance to dodge/block them rather than getting mandatory damages everytime.

Which ones are undodgable?  Only one I can think of is on the bridge in the warpy room, but you can use a friend to use gifoie before warping to halt them.  (or should be able to, I think i left enough room.)

21 minutes ago, R-78 said:

Also the bonus room script collision is too small, so that you can press the switch without calling the event.

Thanks.  I'll fix that.  I should probably just make it a loop in script to check the switchId anyway.

Thanks for the feedback!

On 27/09/2017 at 2:39 AM, Lemon said:

I don't use visible ones because I want them to surprise you.

So you wanted them all  to surprise us ?

Which ones are undodgable?  Only one I can think of is on the bridge in the warpy room, but you can use a friend to use gifoie before warping to halt them.

Sorry, forgot what I said. I meant, without Gifoie or TB. There is only one healing ring in your quest and it's in the beginning, while dealing with lots of delbiters without freeze traps is really annoying. I'd suggest to put another ring but I guess it's your design choice. (I personally bring a scape doll and kill myself at mid quest to get them back)

Edited by R-78

• 8 months later...

Updated to v1.03

Fixed some bugs, also made it less gear dependent so it isn't quite the walk in the park it is right now for people with Hell SH/shots.

Changes will go live when the server restarts for the next event.

Full change log

v1.03
[        ] Raised all EDK
[        ] Hard mode easter egg is now easier to find
[Rm 2.***] Added fog\dimness to all of Seabed 2
[Rm 3.***] Darkened fog when versing Olga
[Rm 3.***] Olga fog is now instant
[Rm 3.***] Removed Minimap from Olga Flow's room
[Rm 1.265] Moved wave 0 spawn to wave 20
[Rm 1.264] Moved wave 0 spawn to wave 20
[Rm 1.260] Moved wave 0 spawn to wave 20
[Rm 1.231] Added Event collition to spawn all wave 20s
[Rm 1.004] Should no longer block Telepipes after a failed attempt
[Rm 1.020] Delbiters no longer charge on warping in
[Rm 1.063] Moved morphos in wave 2 onto platform  

Edited by Lemon
  • Like 3

On 6/23/2018 at 6:55 PM, Lemon said:

Removed Minimap from Olga Flow's room 

Noooo! You Lemony devil! Now we are even more reliant on zonde tracer fire for target acquisition. Last run his damn mags and the little grants mine things were drawing away the zonde, like flares would do to a heat seeking missile. We still beat it eventually, but it was pretty annoying.

• Like 1

On 6/23/2018 at 6:55 PM, Lemon said:

Updated to v1.03

Hey Lemon, can you open the locked door in the first room of Seabed Lower levels, or is there nothing behind it? I'm determined to do TTT until I discover all of your secrets :D. Or at least get a couple of PCB.

There is nothing behind it.  If any door has 4 red dots in TTT, it cannot be opened.

14 hours ago, Lemon said:

There is nothing behind it.  If any door has 4 red dots in TTT, it cannot be opened.

There is another door on the far end of that room which is on an inaccessible balcony, with 3 green dots and 1 red. Is there a way to get there? Is there a second teleporter or something somewhere in the Seabed Upper Levels? A hidden doorway like in TTFU? 

zoidberg.jpg.cb115f282130c32f5d02939ff2e4deae.jpg

TTT uses every room in seabed 1, and only 3 room in seabed 2.  I think that door was left over from a previous version where you were warped back there for a final room that was poorly planned and I removed later on.

EDIT:

Yes, if you check the change log, in v1.02 

[Rm 2.040] Removed this room

I guess I forgot to lock the door totally.  I'll do that later if I remember to.

Edited by Lemon