Ultima server's economy is really really bad.

33 minutes ago, magictrick said:

giphy.gif

If you're willing to put in some work it's not that hard to get geared in Ultima. Also, I feel for mid-high end trades pds are mostly undesirable because they are so easily farmed. Especially WOI gives out pds way too easy imo (at least for a decently geared group of 200s), can easily get 99+ per day. People used to trade 15dts for 99pds all the time, but lately this doesn't happen much anymore and if it does happen often for 1:7 or higher. PDs are way more common than dts.

This.

• Like 1

I used to not have a problem getting 300pds in a week from making mags if I felt like putting that kind of time into it.  That can get you some expensive stuff pretty quickly

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Jay Armstrong said:

agreed , but when you hit a certain high level you're gonna want some high end gear which is very expensive. Thats where the $$$ comes in to play

lol, I never donated a penny and I have some pretty high end shit. 

I don't know why anyone is spending money for items that don't really matter in the end. It's just a game and yes you wana be op but work for it. I've gotten my Two Kamui because I worked for it and asked others to help. Not spending money. Donate to support the server not for items. Yes I know donation Tickets are a thing but use it for hit or other attribute. Yes people can use there money for whatever they want but that is just waste of hard earned money no matter how you look at it. Just pathetic that people go this far for an item. If you need an item to enjoy the game then stop playing. Your playing the wrong game. 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, FuryOfAGameJunk said:

I don't know why anyone is spending money for items that don't really matter in the end. It's just a game and yes you wana be op but work for it. I've gotten my Two Kamui because I worked for it and asked others to help. Not spending money. Donate to support the server not for items. Yes I know donation Tickets are a thing but use it for hit or other attribute. Yes people can use there money for whatever they want but that is just waste of hard earned money no matter how you look at it. Just pathetic that people go this far for an item. If you need an item to enjoy the game then stop playing. Your playing the wrong game. 

Again, it's not about 1 item, it's about how everything is ridiculously over priced at some point. 

There's a thread going on right now, I will link it, where some one is asking a minimum bid for 5 DT's for both 50 hit baranz launcher and 40 hit bringers as a set, he claims that the bid for both of these will be favored in DT's, even if the bid is the same among those who offer PD's, sounds reasonable right?

Nope. This guy is saying the CHB for his auction is 5 DT's but some one else offered 35 PD's, which is higher in value than the 5 DT bid yet he still claims CHB to the 5 DT's. That's a great example to how people would rather take DT's over PD's even if it's a lower value just because DT's have more uses.

link to auction

I'm not shaming the guy it's just a really good example of what I'm talking about. And yes, maybe he's doing the 7:1 conversion but even then, the conversion rates are technically incorrect.

edit:

another good example

Not shaming the guy, again, just a great example. 3 Nakas Cards, you should be able to easily afford these things if you want to pay in PD's, what do the requirements of the auction say?

****No PD's allowed****

Edited by Auroboro
  • Like 1

PD:DT being 6.6:1 or 7:1 or any amount is completely arbitrary. PDs quite clearly aren't worth 1/7th of a DT right now, or people would actually be willing to sell DTs for PDs

almost no one wants to sell there dts for pds because pds are so easy to get do a few woi and you have a stack pds so why buy them for dts

and i am still accepting pds why not i mean low items i dont sell for dts  like limiters or something like 15 pds worth 

Edited by Sabrina
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, FuryOfAGameJunk said:

well i mean are you saying spending money on stuff we enjoy is a waste of our money though? Like i hate making mags so i bought one with my dts and i bought some other items that i knew i would enjoy. Are you saying spending money on stuff we enjoy is a waste? like nothing is a waste of money if u get ur enjoyment and time out of the item. Like come on people waste more on fast food and the movies.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TripleR said:

I used to not have a problem getting 300pds in a week from making mags if I felt like putting that kind of time into it.  That can get you some expensive stuff pretty quickly

Well i agree partialy. Never donated and never had a single dt in my life. all i got was from hunting for hours and saving pds to buy stuff. I'm a patient person and i don't mind "working" and earn all the stuff in this game without spending a single buck. Although some people aren't patient as i'm, so i can relate to some of their frustration with this so called broken economy.

The thing is, what you said is true, but if you want to buy something like cent/battle now (months after the event, that i missed) jesus... even saving all those PD's (or overpaying in pds), its really really hard buying it without DT's. And thats really frustrating because nobody wants to trade stuff like that for pds or other items. I got lucky i got mine saving pds and trading some weapons for it, but it took me too long to find a person that had a cent/battle and accept to deal not exclusively for DT's. I even tried to trade PDs for DTs and nobody traded. It's just almost impossible to turn your equivalent value items/pds into dts without donating, for a causual player like me.

With this, i'm not saying that the donation system sucks or we should close the donation system or nuke the servers. I just thing some things could be fixed.

Correct me if i'm wrong (i might be): You can add 30% in a weapon for 99 PDs (except for hit, only attributes). But you can also add 35 attribute with 15 DT's (that is worth 99 pds in our current "pd-dt" rate). Does this makes even sense? Why couldn't the DT's used only for adding hit on a weapon and pds only to add attribute %'s? Is the pds only worth for trading to DT's? if that's so i'm so screwed in this game.

Sorry for my potato english.

• Like 1

On 12/7/2016 at 8:12 PM, Auroboro said:

The overall issue here is that you have a combination of both the economy being revolved around real world money, things being massively over priced all the time, and people taking advantage of this and being scummy by selling them for ridiculous prices. There's only a few people I can name off the top of my head that this kind of system benefits and that's SogeKing, Christian, Sabrina, and Night. I'm not even directly saying these people are the cause of this entire bull shit economic downfall but these four people are names I thought of off the top of my head that would benefit from this kind of system because they are stupidly rich.

Am I stupidly rich? Absolutely not. Is this just me complaining that I can't afford every high end item I want? Absolutely not. This is a complaint about why we continue to let these people dictate the entire server's economy and why we cant seem to admit to ourselves and everybody around us that letting DT's be the primary source of buying and selling items in this game is bad.

I love this game and I love this server, but I do not want to sit around for another year watching specific people manipulate new player ignorance and other such nonsense to profit by scamming people and creating an extremely inflated market. They're ruining trading for everybody.

I love how Midori leaves and now we are making me the bad guy again...and for some reason Sabrina, who I always saw as a victim of the system lol.  Because I am going around selling things for crazy prices all the time to new players? I rarely ever get on forums, why am I still a topic of conversation for people? I hunt what I NEED, and help my friends get what they need.  I never once donated to this server, just take a good look under my account name lol.  I worked my ass off for EVERYTHING I have, I can literally think of over a dozen people who not only have more gear than me, more luck, and more DTS and yet I am one of the first names that pops into peoples heads smh.  Yes I agree it sucks how the economy is, but placing the blame on a small group of people when the whole server is literally joining in the fun(scamming as you would say) is not fair.  The problem is that people see others selling high and see them sell and want in the action. I see a lot of people who complain about prices, always "over pricing" themselves, this really is a gimme a PGF post at this point, cause this subject always comes up when they wanna buy and dont like the price.  If you dont like the price, dont buy it and move on. I tried hunting my ass off for Master Sword for 2 years now and it still hasnt dropped for me, I never bought it from anyone cause the year before I join this server they use to sell for 50-70 pds, and now they go for about 40 DTS and i dont like that price, so I will wait until next year and try again.(I eventually got one in a trade, but i will still go for it anyway) Spend less time on forums complaining and hunt the thing for yourself...hunting things you want is still an option you know lol

• Like 13

5 minutes ago, Lone Ranger said:

I love how Midori leaves and now we are making me the bad guy again...and for some reason Sabrina, who I always saw as a victim of the system lol.  Because I am going around selling things for crazy prices all the time to new players? I rarely ever get on forums, why am I still a topic of conversation for people? I hunt what I NEED, and help my friends get what they need.  I never once donated to this server, just take a good look under my account name lol.  I worked my ass off for EVERYTHING I have, I can literally think of over a dozen people who not only have more gear than me, more luck, and more DTS and yet I am one of the first names that pops into peoples heads smh.  Yes I agree it sucks how the economy is, but placing the blame on a small group of people when the whole server is literally joining in the fun(scamming as you would say) is not fair.  The problem is that people see others selling high and see them sell and want in the action. I see a lot of people who complain about prices, always "over pricing" themselves, this really is a gimme a PGF post at this point, cause this subject always comes up when they wanna buy and dont like the price.  If you dont like the price, dont buy it and move on. I tried hunting my ass off for Master Sword for 2 years now and it still hasnt dropped for me, I never bought it from anyone cause the year before I join this server they use to sell for 50-70 pds, and now they go for about 40 DTS and i dont like that price, so I will wait until next year and try again.(I eventually got one in a trade, but i will still go for it anyway) Spend less time on forums complaining and hunt the thing for yourself...hunting things you want is still an option you know lol

Whose playing the blame game? 

1 minute ago, Christian said:

Whose playing the blame game? 

I just read thru the post, and saw that you and me are benefiting somehow off of a system I barely use as is. I don't know if you are, but I know I am not.  I am not selling anything, I am not setting prices and I am not in any way making this worse than it already is.  I just dont like how my name is bought up, when I am nowhere to be found on forums 99.9% of the time.  You wanna find me, look for me in the game, cause I will leave you waiting weeks before you hear from me on this lol

• Like 1