Ultima server's economy is really really bad.

It won't change because all the people who have obtained end game items at their current price either through trading or donating will not want to see their resell value drop significantly.  The cycle will continue.  Personally I'm not too bothered about owning dark weapons but I'll certainly hunt for pgf a bit during the event.  At the end of the day buy something if you want.  If you think it's too pricey then don't bother.  No one is ever forcing you to.

• Like 2

A lot of people use the excuse "it's simple supply and demand"

That only really makes sense when you have 1 unchanging currency and everybody only uses that one currency. In real life, we don't have a currency that's worth six times that of a dollar bill that you can buy, for something that is the same value as a dollar bill.

Here's what I think a lot of people don't seem to get or want to recognize: People will sell things for extortionate amounts to newbie players just like Saith said because they believe they can capitalize on the arrogance of those players. Bad stuff right? But what's even worse is that when they succeed, they just up and do it for everybody else. 

Instead of selling their blank Lindcray for a measly 5 DT's, to a new player, they sell it for 15 DT's, and then, since they got away with it, they continue to sell blank Lindcray's for 15 DT's to everybody; including the ones that know that a blank Lindcray is not worth 15 DT's (this example didn't happen, I'm just giving out a little example off the top of my head to explain it). But the majority of the people know that if a blank Lindcray isn't worth 15 DT's, that  doesn't actually make any difference because the people who are in control are the ones who are selling the items, not buying. If I wanted to buy a Yunchang from RRR and a blank one is worth about 2-3 PD's, but he's selling his for 30, I cant do anything about that.

On top of that, 

People aren't fucking retarded.

People aren't going to just sell any item willy nilly to people that aren't even rare for insane prices. The people that over price their stuff are smart. They take a look at an item and they figure out how hard it would  be to get that item and then they look at how many people actually might have it, and then they adjust prices accordingly. 

How hard is it to get Ultima's Engine? Relatively difficult because it's an event only drop from bosses, also because during that event, nobody is going to be hunting for that item anyways because STA is out and everybody wants that. So these people know that Ultima's Engine wont be hunted for very much and not many people will have it, so an item that is only worth (as an example I don't know what it's actually priced) about 10 DT's is now being jacked up to 30 DT's because some jack ass hunted it and nobody else has one. That's not supply and demand, that's scamming people. 

Just you watch, now that I mentioned this, it'll probably happen. You'll start seeing some one buying Ultima's Engine for 50 DT's or some shit. Watch it happen.

Anyways, the point of this thread entirely was to raise awareness to the undying issue of inflation. It's not just inflation of dark weapons, but of everything. I know I used dark weapons and STA as an example primarily a lot but really, I was positive I said this in the original post, but I'll say it again in big bold letters for those who don't actually read what I say and only skim it,

This is not a gigantic "gimme PGF" thread. This is a thread about our dying economy. Do not pollute this thread with your whiny "I dont have a pgf yet lower prices just for ME" crap.

Again, I want PGF or dark weapon prices to go down just as much as the next poor ass idiot but I'm not revolving this thread around "lower price so I can buy dark weapons please". Stick to the topic, this is about trying to fix the DT issue. Donation Tickets are a cancer and they need to be fixed up or removed. Lets keep it to that topic and not battling over just dark weapon prices.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Auroboro said:

A lot of people use the excuse "it's simple supply and demand"

That only really makes sense when you have 1 unchanging currency and everybody only uses that one currency. In real life, we don't have a currency that's worth six times that of a dollar bill that you can buy, for something that is the same value as a dollar bill.

Here's what I think a lot of people don't seem to get or want to recognize: People will sell things for extortionate amounts to newbie players just like Saith said because they believe they can capitalize on the arrogance of those players. Bad stuff right? But what's even worse is that when they succeed, they just up and do it for everybody else. 

Instead of selling their blank Lindcray for a measly 5 DT's, to a new player, they sell it for 15 DT's, and then, since they got away with it, they continue to sell blank Lindcray's for 15 DT's to everybody; including the ones that know that a blank Lindcray is not worth 15 DT's (this example didn't happen, I'm just giving out a little example off the top of my head to explain it). But the majority of the people know that if a blank Lindcray isn't worth 15 DT's, that  doesn't actually make any difference because the people who are in control are the ones who are selling the items, not buying. If I wanted to buy a Yunchang from RRR and a blank one is worth about 2-3 PD's, but he's selling his for 30, I cant do anything about that.

On top of that, 

People aren't fucking retarded.

People aren't going to just sell any item willy nilly to people that aren't even rare for insane prices. The people that over price their stuff are smart. They take a look at an item and they figure out how hard it would  be to get that item and then they look at how many people actually might have it, and then they adjust prices accordingly. 

How hard is it to get Ultima's Engine? Relatively difficult because it's an event only drop from bosses, also because during that event, nobody is going to be hunting for that item anyways because STA is out and everybody wants that. So these people know that Ultima's Engine wont be hunted for very much and not many people will have it, so an item that is only worth (as an example I don't know what it's actually priced) about 10 DT's is now being jacked up to 30 DT's because some jack ass hunted it and nobody else has one. That's not supply and demand, that's scamming people. 

Just you watch, now that I mentioned this, it'll probably happen. You'll start seeing some one buying Ultima's Engine for 50 DT's or some shit. Watch it happen.

Anyways, the point of this thread entirely was to raise awareness to the undying issue of inflation. It's not just inflation of dark weapons, but of everything. I know I used dark weapons and STA as an example primarily a lot but really, I was positive I said this in the original post, but I'll say it again in big bold letters for those who don't actually read what I say and only skim it,

This is not a gigantic "gimme PGF" thread. This is a thread about our dying economy. Do not pollute this thread with your whiny "I dont have a pgf yet lower prices just for ME" crap.

Again, I want PGF or dark weapon prices to go down just as much as the next poor ass idiot but I'm not revolving this thread around "lower price so I can buy dark weapons please". Stick to the topic, this is about trying to fix the DT issue. Donation Tickets are a cancer and they need to be fixed up or removed. Lets keep it to that topic and not battling over just dark weapon prices.

TL;DR Gimme PGF plz

You want a tinfoil hat with that pgf?

• Like 2

Just now, magictrick said:

TL;DR Gimme PGF plz

You could always read what I said and not look like a giant tool.

But people cant do that here. It's not in their nature.

When some one threatens their ability to make profit on a video game where other people are involved you people always get super defensive.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Auroboro said:

You could always read what I said and not look like a giant tool.

But people cant do that here. It's not in their nature.

When some one threatens their ability to make profit on a video game where other people are involved you people always get super defensive.

Deal with it bro you're not going to get a pgf with this thread. Now go whine in your corner.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Auroboro said:

People throw out the word "scamming" way too often. How is anyone a "scammer" for selling an item that is rare for a price you don't agree with? I thought the people who hold the items determine the price. If theres only 1 Engine up for sale on the entire server,(which is actually very likely, who hunted that crap?) then how can you hold it against the guy that decides to sell it for 30, 40, 50 dts? No one has a say but him. He didn't "scam" anyone. He's being upfront with the price and whoever buys it, got exactly what they wanted. It can only be a scam if there was a set amount that could never change...which there isn't.

8 minutes ago, magictrick said:

TL;DR Gimme PGF plz

lololololololo

• Like 2

^^^ never seems to have anything constructive to add :)

and no I don't mean you rablasterx

dw

Edited by TripleR
  • Like 1

i understand where both sides are coming from but lets be honest u can only farm the item for 4 weeks then u have to wait 300+ days to farm it again isnt it obvious that the prices for said items would be pretty dam high?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, TripleR said:

^^^ never seems to have anything constructive to add :)

and no I don't mean you rablasterx

dw

Never seems to think before he opens his way too big mouth. Read a few posts back bro. You're again not right lol

14 minutes ago, magictrick said:

Deal with it bro you're not going to get a pgf with this thread. Now go whine in your corner.

If you say so. I just want you to leave the thread since you have nothing to offer.

9 minutes ago, fluffyvamp said:

i understand where both sides are coming from but lets be honest u can only farm the item for 4 weeks then u have to wait 300+ days to farm it again isnt it obvious that the prices for said items would be pretty dam high?

As I said though it's not really about PGF or dark weapons, that example just comes up a lot because it is one that is shown and projected every week.

5 minutes ago, magictrick said:

Never seems to think before he opens his way too big mouth. Read a few posts back bro. You're again not right lol

1 minute ago, Auroboro said:

If you say so. I just want you to leave the thread since you have nothing to offer.

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT

89c.gif

3 minutes ago, Auroboro said:

Yeah sorry about that bro. I'm still using my dark weapon so I can't sell it.

I'm sure you'll find a deal with this thread though, what were you paying again? 10dts?

Edited by magictrick
  • Like 1

That entire post you made about the tinfoil that thing(although honestly I do find it kind of funny, especially as some people do think it's all some sick price raising conspiracy with larva at the top) Really add absolutely nothing. I don't care if you think you said something constructive before, because when you start outwardly flaming shit, when you apparently can't ready the whole post or understand the context of it. Because a couple weeks before pgf starts dropping is a REALLY weird time for someone to start up a gimmie pgf post don't you think? I just se you often start shit in posts, it continues on, it gets locked. I mean are you going to take part in the discussion or just shit on people for no apparent reason? Dude, you really gotta grow up man. 

How I am not right? you fucked up Sabs dark weapon buying post, now you are trying to do the same thing here. I mean you're gonna start shitting on some young kid? don't you have kids? go look after them instead of bitching on forums ffs

Edited by TripleR
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, TripleR said:

How I am not right? you fucked up Sabs dark weapon buying post,

He didnt fucked my post other people did that and that guy lildavid or something he starded it while i asked him sever times to leave me alone