Disguised auctions

6 hours ago, bloodseeker said:

Thank you so much for this topic. People do  Disguised auction all the time. It causes:

1) A beginner would offer an over-price for an item after a little misleading private message (I was once a victim).  

2) Difficult to keep track of the current market price if all the deals are done in private messages.

3) The sellers can even manipulate the price by saying someone else willing to pay more (even though there was no other offer).

I fucking hate this. The sad part is these people are often the veteran PSO players. They are already rich and yet still try to rip others off. Such a disgrace. 

LOL coming from you?

Additionally, in your signature you have an overpriced baranz part, and an overpriced Nimaidou with an inaccurate description.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ipolyr said:

LOL coming from you?

Additionally, in your signature you have an overpriced baranz part, and an overpriced Nimaidou with an inaccurate description.

.... 8pds is actually pretty low for a baranz parts, and 2pds is as well for a bovn (if that's the one he actually has).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Auroboro said:

can we please make it a rule that you cant PM offers in b/s/t/a topics anymore? lol.

I actually like the idea...

6 hours ago, Misombre said:

No Auroboro, such a rule would do no good at all. PM are needed for the trades anyway, but it's like everything, too much of it kill it.

Also my only concern, hypocrisy apart, is the following : selling and auctioning get confused nowadays and this leads to a lack of information preventing people to participate correctly in the said sell/auction. Not even to mention rip off, though it's part of the whole merchant thing.

Now am totally aware that it is not a big deal (after all, people do what they want at the end), I just wanted to speak my mind about it ; and I did. Now this topic can be closed.

PM's aren't needed for trades, there are trades managed only in the topic it was first started without any issue, I guess at most they would be needed to set up the delivery of the goods...
There are a few groups in facebook of buying and selling things, people post and then ask to be PM'd to talk about prices and stuff.... the exact same thing as what you are bringing up lol. Just put the damn price up front and deal with it or investigate how much your stuff costs if you are unsure of its value (or, name it A> and not S>).

• Like 2