Player-Made Drop Table Anniv. Event 2016 :)

yaten

17 hours ago, fluffyvamp said:

well he put ultimate i havent tried to find it on that difficulty

my apologies, i corrected it :)

• Like 1

I was going to try Bluefull Falz to see what he drops during this event, but on the shoutbox Diabolicscar mentioned he drops the regular Rico's Earrings. However he hasn't clarified if this is actual a confirmed fact.

Maybe it would be a good idea to mention confirmed regular boss drops (so nothing else drops in the event) in the first post too, so people don't waste their time trying to check a drop. Could use a different text colour for those.

Edited by El Socko

16 minutes ago, El Socko said:

I was going to try Bluefull Falz to see what he drops during this event, but on the shoutbox Diabolicscar mentioned he drops the regular Rico's Earrings. However he hasn't clarified if this is actual a confirmed fact.

Maybe it would be a good idea to mention the regular boss drops in the first post too, so people don't waste their time trying to check a drop. Could use a different text colour for those.

I'm pretty sure people can just look up the regular drop table on forum; however, I guess I can include a link to it. Thanks for your input :)

Edit: ohhhh nevermind i completely misunderstood that. No one has given any confirmations as to which enemies don't drop event items yet, but yea I said in the description that I will include those as well.

Edited by yaten

i was also going to try bluefull falz or olga, or either viridia falz/olga. so bluefull is dropping ricos earrings or nah?

How did you determine on asteron striker that purplenum has a "hard" drop and skyly has an "easy" drop? What Ultima staff member confirmed the difference in drop rate?

• Like 2

16 hours ago, JADE said:

How did you determine on asteron striker that purplenum has a "hard" drop and skyly has an "easy" drop? What Ultima staff member confirmed the difference in drop rate?

I have not spoken to any staff member about this. I put in hours and hours of hunting with Purplenum w/ and w/out Happy Hours and even talked to another player (i forget his name) whom agreed that Purplenum seemed to be a harder rate for him as well. Skyly dropped a lot more frequently for him, whereas I found my Asteron very quickly too. I'll look into this more and I'll leave a disclaimer to ensure that it's my opinion on the rate of the item. I didn't mean to stir any confusion, just trying to save people the time and effort of farming D:

Edited by yaten

Last time I was lazy so I decided to do only 3 runs for Asteron Striker.

So here is that Imosgid with Skyly ID beginning her first run, 3 Goran Detonators after I got my first Asteron Striker. How lucky or easy can this be ? I wonder...

I asked Diabolicscar about the Bluefull Falz drop. It is still unconfirmed so if I manage to catch a HH (I usually miss them during the week) I'm willing to sacrifice that to see what he drops. Any other takers, feel free to do the same.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, El Socko said:

I asked Diabolicscar about the Bluefull Falz drop. It is still unconfirmed so if I manage to catch a HH (I usually miss them during the week) I'm willing to sacrifice that to see what he drops. Any other takers, feel free to do the same.

Cool, if you can do blue ill try my luck with viridia (since it shouldnt be too hard to get ADR if no event item) next time Im on during HH.

2 hours ago, yaten said:

I have not spoken to any staff member about this. I put in hours and hours of hunting with Purplenum w/ and w/out Happy Hours and even talked to another player (i forget his name) whom agreed that Purplenum seemed to be a harder rate for him as well. Skyly dropped a lot more frequently for him, whereas I found my Asteron very quickly too. I'll look into this more and I'll leave a disclaimer to ensure that it's my opinion on the rate of the item. I didn't mean to stir any confusion, just trying to save people the time and effort of farming D:

"I farmed a lot at first on one id and then just after switching ids it dropped one" is not a very convincing argument. Probability will go sometimes take a long time for a drop, who's to say that if you had gone skyly from the start, it wouldn't have taken just as long to get one? If you really want to try and guess at rates, then you need to farm several drops (5+) on a single id to get a more accurate average started. It takes a lot more work than most people are willing to put in to actually make any credible claims to rates (e.g. 2-3 years ago I would make personal estimates of Ultima Reaper rates between 1/300 - 1/400, based on averaging 10-15 drops' monster counts at a time, and repeated a few times). I think at this point in the event, any guessing at rates is just that, a random guess.

It's probably a good idea to put any and all rate speculation into a separate section with a disclaimer clearly stating that it is only guesses at this point, as there is clearly not enough to 'confirm' anything about rates; since the goal of this thread seems to be recording confirmed info about the event, separating the confirmed and unconfirmed aspects would be a nice thing.

• Like 5