Forum Structure and Internationalization

Soly

Revamp forum structure and implement translations  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Should we change the forum structure to a more cleaner and smaller one, translating it in the process?

• Yes.
    • No (post why not, if you want).

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, Soly said:

I understood that, but what has that to do with this/us?

Im saying if we make it any smaller it'll be really strange. Bigger doesn't always mean better but for a multi-lingual community like this, it definitely is.

47 minutes ago, Auroboro said:

Im saying if we make it any smaller it'll be really strange. Bigger doesn't always mean better but for a multi-lingual community like this, it definitely is.

I don't think it would be strange, it would be just a change.

The "size" of the forum as you are putting it doesn't really affect anything... to me the forum languages should be managed in a lower, more specific level rather than having every sub forum duplicated in each language, that is actually strange.

Look at the posts in each section in each language

Spoiler

General
17700 vs 1900 vs 118

Hellos and Goodbyes
6000 vs 600 vs 32

Support
9000 vs 1800 vs 313

Trade Center
45000 vs 4800 vs 301

I think the forum would benefit of a more specific language sections (if required) rather than duplicating everything.
And support such structure by having a translation of the forum itself.

7 hours ago, Larva said:

It'd true that they aren't used as much as the English, but it isn't true that are only use because of misplace of a topic lol. That's sounded really bad man.

I did not say "only" use, I said "usually" ...

https://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/forum/39-off-topic/

Just look at this : on the first page of Spanish off topic section, in the 25 topics, 16 are misplaced English topics. That's more than half of them.

• Like 2

On 11/20/2016 at 3:41 PM, Auroboro said:

Making it any smaller would make the forums into Ephinea lol.

Means every Forum that is smaller is Ephenia? XD

anyway...

It seams the forum will be revamped, the majority of the users voted for that, the languages don’t seem to be barrier for them. Still we will work in to the translation of the forum

for the members.

58 minutes ago, Larva said:

It seams the forum will be revamped, the majority of the users voted for that, the languages don’t seem to be barrier for them. Still we will work in to the translation of the forum

for the members.

I like the idea of @Kuchi, of making a temporary sections while still having the current ones so we can test how it goes... that would be easier to fix if it were to go wrong.