Help on IDS quest pds

It's happened a handful more times (not keeping track of how many any more since I need to unseal the limiters regardless of whether the PDs drop) since and I haven't had any connection issues with the skype call/video I've been on for the whole time. A couple of the spawns are behaving slightly differently (the first and second spawn in the Canadine room) and the quest is now listed as "Int. Defense Systems" and iirc it was just listed as "IDS" before so it seemed like maybe something was changed

Edited by shong

You know there is a Changelog for the quest ...

And as you can notice there has never been any change about the PD box.

46 minutes ago, Martikush said:

Let him search for it I'm sure he will resolve this :)

Not so sure lol.

There is nothing which could be related to that problem in the changes but a memory issue.

Fixed Box rates is something you cannot control with Qedit ...

You probably figured that the PCs and HP material drop like 50%, 3 of the 4 final ultimate materials drop 100% and the addslots more like 20% ...

Yet they are all strictly the same.

• Like 2

This might sound silly, but I've noticed if I don't kill the Dubchic in the room with the electric thing (where you have to kill it about 5-6 times), the hidden box doesn't drop a Photon Drop (as I said, it probs sounds silly but it's been my experience).

Assuming you mean the first PD box to be the one that's up in the air in the room with all those random exploding things.

i also notice the boss boxes are not always drop items anymore lately (not in this quest). I just break 4 of them and only 1 drops. And the game log in takes much longer time as well. There is definitely something wrong with the connection and syn.

Edited by bloodseeker

Didn't mean to post again, hit the wrong button, but what I meant to put in my above post was this: Edit: I will mention however, that yesterday when I did the quest, the Photon Crystals didn't drop when the boxes were broken, which was a first for me.

Edited by Arek
  • Like 1

This is just how boxes work. Even when they are set to drop a specific item, there is always a chance at them not dropping.  This ls why bpd uses special script to create the item instead of hidden boxes.

• Like 1

To get ~200 straight photon drops and then suddenly only get roughly 15 out of 30 runs today with the drop rate actually being the same indicates either that in the first 200 runs I was the benefactor of a miraculous 2^200 event if the true drop rate is 50% or if the PD is supposed to drop say 99%+ or whatever the case may be that I actually got it roughly 200 straight times initially, that the 2nd run is similarly astronomically unlikely (I don't know how to express the likelihood of doing 30 trials of a 99% occurrence event and having it fail 50% of the time, but I know it's a real small number). It's significantly more likely there's just something wrong with the quest, especially considering other players have noticed that they've gone from getting a PD every run to not getting a PD very often.

I don't think it's a desync issue on my end at this point, but that is definitely still possible. The chance that the quest is working the same and dropping the first PD the way it was from september-2 weeks ago or so is higher than 0%, but with so many zeros after the decimal, basically 0%. Getting a PD ~50% for a super easy quest that is a great way to unseal stuff is still awesome and I'm super appreciative that it exists, but it is not working the same as it was in the very recent past.

Edited by shong
6 hours ago, Arek said:

yesterday when I did the quest, the Photon Crystals didn't drop when the boxes were broken, which was a first for me.

Then you were lucky, because it happens

4 hours ago, shong said:

It's significantly more likely there's just something wrong with the quest

It's not. I just had series of testings to see what was wrong with the sudden box change, but when I tried on my server ... they actually always drop. Even if I do the full run and overcharge the map.

Z7SDaNe.jpg

49kvKfw.png

XcdDWr5.png

4 hours ago, Martikush said:

Maybe you should move the PD box emplacement, put it somewhere else and see if the problem is still happening.

Not the problem.

2 hours ago, Larva said:

shall we merge this topic to the official topic of the quest?

I think will be the correct way.

I don't mind but if you do, maybe you could merge with this one too.

https://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/topic/27731-help-on-ids-quest-ep1-normal-pds/