Hello - new n00b here

rjl

I was looking for something different to play and I used to love PSO on the gamecube when I was about 12 so was very pleasantly surprised to run across this.

I'm obviously a total n00b but I've managed to start the game and kill a few enemies :)

I'm thinking I may make a youtube video series of playing the game so people can watch me being useless...

If I get through the "being useless" phase I may be interested in finding some people to play with but I think I'll leave that for now.

Also on a slightly different note, I'm a Mac user and was pleasantly surprised that I was able to get this working on my mac in about 30 minutes with a freeware version of Wine - (could probably have done it a lot faster if I'd had a clue what I was doing, if anyone wants a step by step easy to follow guide to getting PSOBB running on a Mac - or if there's somewhere on the site that such should be posted - let me know I couldn't see one anywhere)

Edited by rjl

Welcome here !

If you manage to start the game and play with a Mac, then you've done the biggest part and you can be proud =D

Also don't worry, uselessness never last for long here !

Have a nice day and a good game ;)

ektrum

Edited by Misombre

A buddy of mine does the same idea of a youtube series, hes a totally noob rising as well; if you like u can join him in the runs, just started up a few weeks ago and we host on sat and sundays. 

As far as finding people to play with, Im Kuda follow the "Kuda" to find me and i can help you learn if u need :D

52 minutes ago, Lemon said:

Welcome, there is already a guide here.
  I hope you enjoy your time at ultima!

I saw that guide... But I found that the patch it talked about wasn't needed - either WINE has moved on or the latest PSOBB from this website has moved on either way that guide made it sounds 2-3 times more complicated than it was.

28 minutes ago, anthonyplays said:

Unless youre a humar  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

What's wrong with being a humar? I played as humar back when I was 12; I prefer melee to ranged and liked being able to heal myself, is it rubbish in some other way?

Welcome To Ultima!! I am a noob aswell. I just got into this game about two weeks ago haha But there are al lot of nice and awesome people here! I actually do a YouTube Series and I stream this game on Saturday and Sundays! If you want to join you can pm me haha. I fail horribly in almost every video and stream XD. I am interested to see your series too. ^_^:) 

29 minutes ago, anthonyplays said:

Unless youre a humar  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Humar is bae class XD

21 minutes ago, rjl said:

What's wrong with being a humar? I played as humar back when I was 12; I prefer melee to ranged and liked being able to heal myself, is it rubbish in some other way?

honestly, there is nothing wrong with them or any class for that matter. Its just a long running joke in the community that humars are weakest class. But in reality, you can choose any class and do perfectly fine with them :)

• Like 1

HUmar just has a lot to be desired when it comes to gear. Some people think it's great, but most people tend to agree the other classes are better. Anyways, welcome!

• Like 1