This years Anniversary event.

Ruffalufacus

8 minutes ago, makaveli said:

Making an item available for all IDs kind of defeats the purpose of having IDs in the first place imo. I would rather keep it the traditional way, besides if it was available on all IDs that would mean the rate would have to be made harder as well or else alot more would drop in comparison.

First, lets get this straight.  You're saying that making a once a year event item drop on any ID defeats the purpose of having different drops for different characters?  I think the thing here that defeats the system is allowing multiple accounts more than anything.  But that gets a little off topic.

Limiting the IDs would make it more accessible yes, but anyone who was going to hunt them already made a character with those IDs.  So having it available on all IDs wouldn't change it's drop ability all that much. If anything, it only allows people who aren't as established hunt it.  Having it only drop on 1 or 2 IDs favors people who have maxed a bunch of characters.  It seems a little unfair to people who didn't get that ID when they started.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Lemon said:

First, lets get this straight.  You're saying that making a once a year event item drop on any ID defeats the purpose of having different drops for different characters?  I think the thing here that defeats the system is allowing multiple accounts more than anything.  But that gets a little off topic.

Limiting the IDs would make it more accessible yes, but anyone who was going to hunt them already made a character with those IDs.  So having it available on all IDs wouldn't change it's drop ability all that much. If anything, it only allows people who aren't as established hunt it.  Having it only drop on 1 or 2 IDs favors people who have maxed a bunch of characters.  It seems a little unfair to people who didn't get that ID when they started.

Well, yeah. It seems a bit unpso-like to have an item drop on any ID. Name one situation in which a high tier item is capable of being dropped on all IDs in PSO. You can't lol, the only thing that comes close is Red Ring, but thats only available on 3 IDs, with just one of them having a decent rate. Why do you think people made certain IDs to hunt things back in the day? This isn't something that started on this server, people have made new chars to hunt a specific item since PSO has started. I think staying true to those values makes it more fun and interesting rather than just " Ok everyone go hunt whatever you want this event " . 

Thats just my opinion on the subject atleast.

Personally I think these items should be on all IDs and that shouldn't affect its drop rate.
Why? because the item wont be up for long.

Also with the other idea of adding them to the different bosses... we could add some IDs to each boss and distribute it nicely.
I can see the sand storm coming tho... so we'll have to see how it goes.

• Like 7

29 minutes ago, Soly said:

Personally I think these items should be on all IDs and that shouldn't affect its drop rate.
Why? because the item wont be up for long.

Also with the other idea of adding them to the different bosses... we could add some IDs to each boss and distribute it nicely.
I can see the sand storm coming tho... so we'll have to see how it goes.

>Darude Sandstorm

and i think all ids should get it too. It went smoothly with this event so ;)

The biggest tick with me was when I FIRST started on Ultima I made a Redria RaCast and it was right around Christmas. By the time I got established enough on my first character the Christmas event was in swing and here I come to find out Purplenum is the way to go to hunt PGF. It was kind of a disappointment because now I have to spend the already limited time of the event being active leveling ANOTHER character when I JUST got my Redria to a respectable range to start farming. I think having big ticket items drop for every ID will definitely help eliminate that kind of situation from happening to any potential new players around event times. It was really a drag coming down the stretch and having to settle with the fact that I'd have to wait a whole year to farm the item I had my eyes on. I realize that now I'm well equipped to farm what I want so long as I dive head first, but with PSO being PSO there's ALWAYS going to be a chance that maybe the item just won't drop. Changing drop rates may help but the actual amount to change it by (if any) is hard to say. Honestly I'd just be happy if we could see all IDs able to hunt the good stuff to avoid having to maybe rely on a friend making the game for you, or paying to change your ID, or even leveling a brand new character from scratch. Just thoughts guys!

1 hour ago, Ruffalufacus said:

The biggest tick with me was when I FIRST started on Ultima I made a Redria RaCast and it was right around Christmas. By the time I got established enough on my first character the Christmas event was in swing and here I come to find out Purplenum is the way to go to hunt PGF. It was kind of a disappointment because now I have to spend the already limited time of the event being active leveling ANOTHER character when I JUST got my Redria to a respectable range to start farming. I think having big ticket items drop for every ID will definitely help eliminate that kind of situation from happening to any potential new players around event times. It was really a drag coming down the stretch and having to settle with the fact that I'd have to wait a whole year to farm the item I had my eyes on. I realize that now I'm well equipped to farm what I want so long as I dive head first, but with PSO being PSO there's ALWAYS going to be a chance that maybe the item just won't drop. Changing drop rates may help but the actual amount to change it by (if any) is hard to say. Honestly I'd just be happy if we could see all IDs able to hunt the good stuff to avoid having to maybe rely on a friend making the game for you, or paying to change your ID, or even leveling a brand new character from scratch. Just thoughts guys!

What do you mean? PGF was the same rate for all ids.

25 minutes ago, Fyrewolf5 said:

What do you mean? PGF was the same rate for all ids.

He means to make big items like pgf drops for all ids, like halloween event. 

13 minutes ago, Ruffalufacus said:

I was told the Purplenum was the best ID for hunting PGF.

It wasn't any better than anything else. People will always try to speculate "oh more have been found on x id, therefore it must be better". I bet the least amount of pgf have been found on Pinkal id, but that's not because the rate was any different, but because pinkal is the least popular id. Purplenum is one of the most popular ones. There wasn't any rate difference among the ids, they all drop pgf the same.

• Like 1

I think the largest issue here is that the community is so spoiled and self centered that they forget that it's an event. We seem to all be so used to Larva giving us this event that we're starting to complain about rates for arguably the strongest armor in the game because we cant seem to remember that it's an EVENT.

Listen, I'm all for giving us drop tables at the start of the event. I really am. A lot of people talk about how stupid Schthack is but Schthack was never dumb enough to wait to give a complete drop table of all the stuff you can find only after the event closed like we do. So, if you ask me, that shit is retarded and needs to get fixed. It makes absolutely no sense why for the past many years, all the confirmed drop tables only appeared a week or two after the event ended; leaving many players still unsure if all the time they spent hunting STA on their ID (confirmed or unconfirmed in previous events) to be worth the effort. It's stupid and we should definitely fix that.

What we shouldn't fix is the rates. This community is so spoiled with this event. An event that gives you an armor that practically renders all elemental attacks in the game completely worthless against you and you want the rates to be increased so more drop? I'm sorry, but that's stupid. That's even dumber than not giving us a confirmed drop table. This is an event that larva so graciously gives us all; that's an aspect I believe we need to consistently respect every year. Because Larva could just as easily tell you guys to fuck off and not even turn the event on in the first place. I'd be grateful that we even get one at all, not complaining that the rates are so high that you actually have to put forth effort into getting something for once. The most overpowered armor in the game? You SHOULD have to grind for that. Under9000 got the brunt of bad luck on his, but honest to God it's much more worth it if you do as much work as he put in. Ultimately, he got his on his 800th run, you might get yours on your 50th. Who knows.

My message: Quit your bitching and just enjoy an event for an event. But give us some damn confirmed drop tables. Waiting until the end is bull shit.

Edited by Auroboro
  • Like 7

On 11/4/2016 at 9:32 AM, Soly said:

Ultimately that's not up for us, thats Larva who decides when, but I have always thought that we should release a drop table a few weeks into the event, 1 or 2, not at the very end of th event.

On 11/4/2016 at 9:44 AM, yanvbraz said:

As I replied in Ruffalufacus profile,  I expect Anniversary Event to actually have a fixed drop, without Larva changing the rate when he thinks many/few STA's dropped.

We want a reasonable rate for STA, where it doesn't take 800-ish POD runs (under9000 knows well that) to get one item that after all is just an armor.

We want to know when the event is going to end, so people won't suddenly find a Rage de Glace dropping instead of STA.

It is not difficult to make an organized event, all the Events from this year were great so far, and I thank all the staff for being so nice with all these cool main/mini-events. I hope Larva and Staff are kind enough to do the same for next event.

We will try to get this event as best as we can. Sometimes I screw up the rates, and I need to re-adjust them. I can't guaranty it wont happen again. But i can guaranty that i will do my best for this not to happen. First things first... we need to get the event out so we can have a minimum 3 weeks of event and as soly mentioned if possible 4 weeks but we cant promise the 4 weeks.

About the drop table, it's just how we been doing it since the beginning of the server. I don’t really thing I will change that.

I think the largest issue here is that the community is so spoiled and self centered that they forget that it's an event. We seem to all be so used to Larva giving us this event that we're starting to complain about rates for arguably the strongest armor in the game because we cant seem to remember that it's an EVENT.

Listen, I'm all for giving us drop tables at the start of the event. I really am. A lot of people talk about how stupid Schthack is but Schthack was never dumb enough to wait to give a complete drop table of all the stuff you can find only after the event closed like we do. So, if you ask me, that shit is retarded and needs to get fixed. It makes absolutely no sense why for the past many years, all the confirmed drop tables only appeared a week or two after the event ended; leaving many players still unsure if all the time they spent hunting STA on their ID (confirmed or unconfirmed in previous events) to be worth the effort. It's stupid and we should definitely fix that.

What we shouldn't fix is the rates. This community is so spoiled with this event. An event that gives you an armor that practically renders all elemental attacks in the game completely worthless against you and you want the rates to be increased so more drop? I'm sorry, but that's stupid. That's even dumber than not giving us a confirmed drop table. This is an event that larva so graciously gives us all; that's an aspect I believe we need to consistently respect every year. Because Larva could just as easily tell you guys to fuck off and not even turn the event on in the first place. I'd be grateful that we even get one at all, not complaining that the rates are so high that you actually have to put forth effort into getting something for once. The most overpowered armor in the game? You SHOULD have to grind for that. Under9000 got the brunt of bad luck on his, but honest to God it's much more worth it if you do as much work as he put in. Ultimately, he got his on his 800th run, you might get yours on your 50th. Who knows.

My message: Quit your bitching and just enjoy an event for an event. But give us some damn confirmed drop tables. Waiting until the end is bull shit.

Im not that bad , the event will be released as a celebration as all of the other years, but yeah let us work on it.

Edited by Larva
  • Like 2

I'd rather the drop rate be the same, last year was virid/purple? With what I was told two different drop rates, honestly they should be the same. Shouldn't have one be harder, and never release a drop table (we ALL know the table wont get released no matter how many times people say it will). 

• Like 1