This years Anniversary event.

Ruffalufacus

I don't need to know a rate, I don't think they should matter, if you really want it just never stop.

That said, I do think we should know where to look.

The thing about rates is this, I took almost 1 runs to get my red ring. Two weeks ago, in two whitill runs IN A row red ring dropped. That's just RNG, could be 1 one, could be literally never

• Like 4

Never is only the theory ; realistically it will drop. As long as we're doing the right run. I agree that we should know where to look (ID & monster). But about the drop rate itself, we cannot do much but complaining (for a change), so we'd better not know it at all. Never is when you give up or cannot do enough of it for X reasons.

Am still hunting SJS. I never got, it but obviously I will sooner or later. Unless of course I die or decide to stop before finding it.

Don't worry =)

Edited by Misombre
  • Like 2

There is kind of a second issue brought up here that, of course, I think I should voice my opinion on...

Changing the drop rates specifically(if it actually happens) because too much of an item is dropping. This is EXTREMELY unbalanced. You really only have to look at summer event to see the problem here. One class always dominates the hunting, hands down. Most of us already know it is Racast, great atp/ata, freeze traps, lots of very strong weapons. Many people take advantage of this, dual log a force for shifta deband and if your playing and gear is on point you can solo most any quest in this game easily enough. Fine, if all you plan to do is hunt your ass off and get as many items as you can to sell and trade later on I really see no issue with that, and respect people that work that hard. However to punish other players, who are weaker and just want to get the item they want, by raising rates, seems extremely unfair.

I should also point out that I don't know if this was even done on summer event (although lhb was removed because it was too easy) but the idea of it really pisses me off. 

4 minutes ago, TripleR said:

There is kind of a second issue brought up here that, of course, I think I should voice my opinion on...

Changing the drop rates specifically(if it actually happens) because too much of an item is dropping. This is EXTREMELY unbalanced. You really only have to look at summer event to see the problem here. One class always dominates the hunting, hands down. Most of us already know it is Racast, great atp/ata, freeze traps, lots of very strong weapons. Many people take advantage of this, dual log a force for shifta deband and if your playing and gear is on point you can solo most any quest in this game easily enough. Fine, if all you plan to do is hunt your ass off and get as many items as you can to sell and trade later on I really see no issue with that, and respect people that work that hard. However to punish other players, who are weaker and just want to get the item they want, by raising rates, seems extremely unfair.

I should also point out that I don't know if this was even done on summer event (although lhb was removed because it was too easy) but the idea of it really pisses me off. 

Don't read too much into it. Changing rates doesn't actually happen very much, mostly only if there was a mistake made, or sometimes made slightly easier at end of event. Don't let your paranoia destroy ya.

A lot of people I talked to got at least 1 sta before 100 runs. That being said, that was probably before Larva changed the rate. What I don't think is being taken into consideration is that a lot of people don't have the time to dedicate 10+ runs a day for STA. Also another thing I'd LOVE to see happen is have it drop from Falz and Olga as well. I loved being able to do different quests for Master Sword, and would love seeing it happen for STA and maybe PGF as well. That would save us from getting burnt out doing POD 200+ times just for a frame.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, mudkipzjm said:

A lot of people I talked to got at least 1 sta before 100 runs. That being said, that was probably before Larva changed the rate. What I don't think is being taken into consideration is that a lot of people don't have the time to dedicate 10+ runs a day for STA. Also another thing I'd LOVE to see happen is have it drop from Falz and Olga as well. I loved being able to do different quests for Master Sword, and would love seeing it happen for STA and maybe PGF as well. That would save us from getting burnt out doing POD 200+ times just for a frame.

Probably is not a bad idea to have it on other bosses...
Regarding to not having time to run several times a day, thats unfortunate but doesn't mean we should lower the rates.

• Like 1

Just now, Soly said:

Probably is not a bad idea to have it on other bosses...
Regarding to not having time to run several times a day, thats unfortunate but doesn't mean we should lower the rates.

Yea, could have the rates be different depending on how fast the quest is. Falz and Shamby can be killed within 15 mins with their most efficient quests, Olga on the other hand can take ~20-25 mins depending on gear. 

What if the event lasted a little longer? A drop table is fair IMO. But after a week. Years ago players put out drop tables and it worked well. 

Dropping from Olga and Falz could be a great idea, or a terrible idea. The rates could be tweaked in certain ways, and certain IDs could get it from certain bosses if not. TTF would be spammed but more people and lower levels can have the opportunity to find one. If it were to drop from Olga and Falz maybe that's where the drop rate would need adjusting IMO. I don't want to see every person rocking a STA. Almost gives me the vibe of the whole duping issue back on the original Xbox. Became too easy and it was the reason I stopped playing(also assholes using 127% TJS in all 5 stats). Don't get me wrong, I want a STA badly. I don't have the time nor the patience Under does. But that many runs is absurd. But with all the exclusive items to the server and ability to make donations, there has to be some kind of balance. We can't be soloing practically every mission on ultimate.Plus we have the increased Exp on server. But we don't need to have to do so many runs either for one drop. I feel that will push some of the community away. To each their own.

I bounced around everywhere there.

More than anything I want to see the event run smoothly, they usually do. And I also think letting us know the event has ended is only fair. And the right thing to do. Donations are made to keep the server running and part of me feels that being informed in a timely manner is only fair. Donations I think are more so made tho for top tier weapons too, I've been known to. 

Adios

Jonesy

Edited by jonesy88

It's great to see so many of you respond to this. My main concern was the idea that players should be made aware of WHERE (what ID) they can find the item they want to hunt. A "player-made" drop table was just a staple that showed how close-knit our community is and how much each of us were/are willing to help one another by passing on information about what dropped for what ID and what monster/boss dropped it. As far as the drop RATE I think it could/should be addressed, but a more realistic approach would be, since the BIG ticket items only drop really from bosses, make the highly sought after items dropped from those same bosses but for every ID. It's hard to really make everyone happy and I understand that. There were many good points made so far and I hope to see some positive feedback during and even after this years closing events because the end of the year events are my (and I'm sure everyone else's) favorite events! ^.^

Making an item available for all IDs kind of defeats the purpose of having IDs in the first place imo. I would rather keep it the traditional way, besides if it was available on all IDs that would mean the rate would have to be made harder as well or else alot more would drop in comparison.