This years Anniversary event.

Ruffalufacus

Our players have always been kind of left in the dark on event drops until a player-made table is created or the event comes to an end. I was hoping that this year we could get a CONFIRMED drop table from the GMs as to get us all hunting what we want without questioning if we can even get it at all with what we're hunting on. I think the majority of players will agree it's more enjoyable knowing that what you're aiming for is attainable with what you're hunting on. Maybe just make the big items drop for all ID's from the same monster with the same odds of it dropping? Just ideas really, comment me back guys and let's hear some input.

• Like 14

Personally, I always enjoyed the community building aspect of building a drop table.Ā  The actual hunting of the items was always the worst part of ultima events for me.

Ultimately that's not up for us, thats Larva who decides when,Ā but I have always thought that we should releaseĀ a drop table a few weeks into the event, 1 or 2, not at the very end of th event.

• Like 3

Even the 300 runs I did (which may seem like nothing to Under haha) I came out short handed last year without one. Then again some people got in less than 10 runs. So I ask for a reasonable (possibly released) rate, but not one that is too easy.Ā 

18 minutes ago, yanvbraz said:

As I replied in Ruffalufacus profile,Ā Ā I expect Anniversary Event to actually have a fixed drop, without Larva changing the rate when he thinks many/few STA's dropped.

We want a reasonable rate for STA, where it doesn't take 800-ish POD runs (under9000 knows well that) to get one item that after all is just an armor.

We want to know when the event is going to end, so people won't suddenly find a Rage de Glace dropping instead of STA.

It is not difficult to make an organized event, all the Events from this year were great so far, and I thank all the staff for being so nice with all these cool main/mini-events. I hope Larva and Staff are kind enough to do the same for next event.

You want LarvaĀ to not modify the rate and to keep it at a high rate... for just an armor? ... maybe we should change it for a Divinity or Ultimate Armor so that makes sense :)

2 minutes ago, makaveli said:

Even the 300 runs I did (which may seem like nothing to Under haha) I came out short handed last year without one. Then again some people got in less than 10 runs. So I ask for a reasonable (possibly released) rate, but not one that is too easy.Ā 

You see the problem there right?
Having "bad luck" doesn't mean the rate is bad... well it is bad, but for you.

If we are going to increase the rate every time someone complains that is too hard or that he didn't find it, we'd better just put an STA in everyone's bank.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Soly said:

You see the problem there right?
Having "bad luck" doesn't mean the rate is bad... well it is bad, but for you.

If we are going to increase the rate every time someone complains that is too hard or that he didn't find it, we'd better just put an STA in everyone's bank.

Yeah its just so hard to balance the rate just right. It still shouldn't take 900 runs, but thats just how probabilty works i guess. It could even do that with a 1/100 rate.

2 minutes ago, yanvbraz said:

You guys are intelligent enough to remember what failed in previous event right:

sta.jpg

I'm not saying it to be a 1/10 drop, but lets say, 1/250 AND FIXED (Not a "uhhh, many dropped, so I'll increase the rate to 1/350")

And a statement saying when it is going to end. Just that.

Ā 

I do understand where yan is coming from though.

1 hour ago, makaveli said:

Yeah its just so hard to balance the rate just right. It still shouldn't take 900 runs, but thats just how probabilty works i guess. It could even do that with a 1/100 rate.

There is nothing to balance.

We can't enforce any number of runs the same way you said that Under had to run 900 times and people got it before their 10th run.
A recent example:
I was asked to confirm the rate of Girasole because people thought it was too high (low) and they weren't getting the item, turns out it was the same exact rate (3/32 or something likeĀ that, near 1/11), so what do I do in this case,Ā increase it to 3/4?

1 hour ago, yanvbraz said:

You guys are intelligent enough to remember what failed in previous event right:
https://s14.postimg.org/n6fk9t4lb/sta.jpg
I'm not saying it to be a 1/10 drop, but lets say, 1/250 AND FIXED (Not a "uhhh, many dropped, so I'll increase the rate to 1/350")
PS: Again, I don't know what was the real rate of it, but it was increased at some point due to many STAs dropping.
And a statement saying when the event is going to end. I am just asking that.

What "failed"?
That the end was not announced or that the rate was increased because larva thought many were dropping.

-Ā Event end
Fine, lets have a potential duration of 3 weeks, we'll see if its increased to 4, but hunt like if its only 3.

- Rate stuff
Nothing is set in stone, if something needs adjustmentĀ for whatever reason, it will be adjusted.
That's not up toĀ me, I never decide on drop rates... we'll see how it goes.