Old school mag making (offline style)

Misombre

Here is how to raise your mag the most inefficient way but the less annoying way possible (beside buying it, which was not an option offline).

Required :

• Playing pso
  • Basic mag lv 5
  • No pso knowledge, especially no online/Ultima knowledge, for it would tempt you way too much

So here you are, you make a game, alone (whelp it's offline style so...) and all you have to do is... hunting !

So basically you're playing the game, and you come across an antidote. Naturally, you pick it up and feed it to your mag straight away. If stats are raising, good, you're doing a fine job in raising your mag. Now let's say you kill an Hildebear and a trimate happens to drop... wow, you don't even need health at the moment ! Awesome, then just feed it to your mag and see what happens. If stats are raising, nice, it's even better than antidotes, so just forget about those and set your mind on the new most efficient item : "trimate".

Then the play style become obvious : kill monsters until you somehow remember that you got that mag thingy to feed, check if there is something that you want to get rid off or never use (hello moon atomiser and trap vision... wait wut ? they don't even eat that... well time to throw it away then) and then feed it to your mag (obviously, right).

Some statistics now : if you began feeding your mag when your character is Lv1, you should get a Lv 200 mag when you reach Lv90+ on your character, depending on how often you'll think to feed your mag (wait, you thought you were gonna use that /magtimer command ? lol forget about it, you're playing offline style on your old GC, so not gonna happen).

Tip : you would want to avoid useless stat such as mind (what's this even for ?), so avoid giving fluids unless you want to get rid of them.
Extra-tip : you can feed your mag three times in a row ! Wow, like, wow !
Hidden-extra-tip : star atomiser are the king of mag feeder : they raise every stats ! (even the mind one that no one like)

First degree notice for people who just wake up : this guide is a parody.

• Like 6

You mean to say that all this time I have been feeding my mag inappropriately?

(This might explain the little puddles of mag-barf I keep seeing everywhere)

• Like 3

You were learning the game, just like we all were?

I understood how mags worked as early as before the 1.5 expansion came out on the DC but I've never looked into min/maxing my own mags.  

To me, a good mag is one that gives appropriate stats, useful PBs (I refuse to have a mag for a Cast without M-Y) and if possible, a final model that has nice perks like auto-rez and a useful bar-fill effect as I used to solo all the time. Now playing with people, heals and rez are not really a concern anymore.

I understand that people go out of their way to have mags with 0 def and very, very specific stats but that's just not me.

Also: it helps if my mag doesn't look stupid.

And it has to be yellow.

Or orange.

Other colors just don't go as fast.

Edited by Aeroprism
  • Like 1