My first group: Story of a night to remember.

12 hours ago, Aeroprism said:

I really need to get my ish together and note your character names. I remember your forum names just fine but as soon as I connect to the lobby, my brain goes: OH LOOK AT ALL THE HAPPY STRANGERS I DO NOT KNOW! LET'S JOIN A RANDOM GAME AND HOPE FOR THE BEST!

Yeah.  Not exactly an efficient method.

However, as I said before, if you see a room named Prismy or Aeroprism, that's me. Or someone pretending to be me. I cannot guarantee this will never happen. The universe is strange and wonderful. 

I usually play on a character with some variant of Mud in the name. I do have a few characters, though, that aren't some variant of Mud, but I don't use them too often, aside from my ramar. I'll probably be afk 75% of the time anyway x.x

16 hours ago, Aeroprism said:

I really need to get my ish together and note your character names. I remember your forum names just fine but as soon as I connect to the lobby, my brain goes: OH LOOK AT ALL THE HAPPY STRANGERS I DO NOT KNOW! LET'S JOIN A RANDOM GAME AND HOPE FOR THE BEST!

Yeah.  Not exactly an efficient method.

However, as I said before, if you see a room named Prismy or Aeroprism, that's me. Or someone pretending to be me. I cannot guarantee this will never happen. The universe is strange and wonderful. 

Sadly, I only have one character by the name of my forum account. It's my FOmar, who I'm on pretty often, haha. And most of 'em are just a jumble of random names, but I should normally be on FOmar or FOmarl(Hoi!) for a bit.

Tonight I tried a solo ULT TTF.  I knew I would not even get passed the dragon but it was worth a try.  A Hildetorr spawned and after ten long, aggravating minutess of me struggling to single it out and down it, it dropped a Frozen Shooter! Now, whenever I face only one regular enemy, it feels like I'm cheating ;-)

I joined another ULT TTF and I came to a conclusion.  I appreciate when a level 200 joins to "run us through" but when he avoids 90% of the spawns to just kill the bosses, it feels like wasted time.  Say what you will, the density of spawns in Caves and Mines makes it worth the wait if all you want is exp. If all you wanted was to go kill Falz, maybe telling the three level 100 people you were going to "help them" was a little less than honest.

Or maybe I'm just still living with my innocence newbie bubble.

You thought I was done?  Well you thought wrong!  No one stops the pointless story train!  (Except mods, admins, tornadoes, volcanoes, lost passwords, alien attacks, lack of internet access or outrageous sleep deprivation).

So I did my first real PSO mistake.  I was playing Morfaust, my level 60-something hunter, soloing a hard TTF when I thought "This Vjaya with no percentages feels a little underwhelming, don't I have a shiny Dragon Slayer with pretty numbers in my bank?"  And I did, and I grabbed it.  Then I went to the store and sold all the trash I had, including the 2.0483e24 Diska of Liberator that Redria gets on hard mode whenever you do something riskier that the dishes.

So... I SOLD ALL THESE MOTHERDISKERS AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT. Then went my way to start my TTF.  Swap to weapon panel... wait, where's my shiny 35/25/0/0/0 Dragon Slayer? 

Gone. With the Diskas.

I tried to argue with the shopkeeper but since it has the AI of a winter tire, it was all in vain.

I know, I know, you're all "But Aero, it's a common rare! A piece of junk! I have 56 of those in my bank! Why aren't you cool like me and use a SATELLITE OBLITERATOR +98 with 80/70/34/PI/22?"  Well, let me explain.

It was a sword given to me by my dear mother. It had a lovely inscription on it too. "Son, if you sell this to a merchant, I swear to Falz I'll feed monofluids to your power mag until it pukes TPs."  My mag has been leaving little nervous puddles everywhere and I have not had a decent night of sleep ever since.

It's ok. The universe was balanced when I finally was able to team up with some of you, notably @Lemon who has since rocked my PSO world with amazing quests and fantastic times. I also learned that I do not know all of PSO yet.  I mean, I have played this game on GameCube for an ungodly number of hours but there is apparently much not included on that version. Lemon brought me to a nice round towery place. I spent the first few seconds being in ABSOLUTE TOTAL AWE in front of this new, refreshing PSO scene. Imagine that. A game I have been playing since launch suddenly has NEW content for me.  Wow.

And then this "Ill Gill" dude appeared. Why is he looking at me? Hey wait, WAIT! 

*multiple headshots, explosions and overkill depixalisations*

When Lemon said "You'll die hard but it will be fun", Lemon was right.  For the first part at least.

So we left this tantalizing new tower behind (for now) and we went to the forest for some more wacky insane PEST CONTROL!

All my characters are progressing well and I'm slowly taming EP4 which is a gorgeous piece of love filled with legacy Phantasy Star themes that I already remixed. I'm soooo in love.

I sincerely hope that my story is not close to an end, this is the PSO life I have always been asking for.

• Like 1

Befor you log on again, go to options and turn off the ability to sell rares.  It's saved me many a heartbreak before.

And yes, roct was a bad idea... Maybe later xD

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, Keliwen's story is growing thin and weak.

Apologies in advance if this post is not has humorous as my previous ones, we're all allowed to have a bad day once in a while, I think.

When I used to play PSO on the GC, the progression between N-H-VH-ULT was linear and smooth. This of course meant that by level 110 you could destroy EVERYTHING and the remaining 90 levels were a waste.  Ultima chose to buff ULT to make it worth levelling to 200.  However, the gap between the point where "VH is still ok EXP even though I can obliterate everything" and "Things no longer one-shot me and I can kill a room in less that half an hour on ULT", is well... it's too long.

Keliwen is level 121 or 122 now and I find myself restrained to the Forest.  I can't kill the dragon on my own and the Cave's monsters take too long to kill.  I'm not going to play EP2 and 4 on VH, the idea of clearing the same whole map 6 times to get one level doesn't really appeal to me. I'm still stuck with sub-par gear because the GOOD Ult stuff only drop in later stages.  I remember my GC RAcaseal having found a Red Handgun on her own but here, I have my Frozen shooter and the Needle shot a friend gave me.  

Group?  I'd LOVE to. 19/20 ULT games i see are locked, the other one is full.  I start an open game, two level 92 join "run me TTF please".

So yeah. I thought "I'll try EP2.  Maybe it will be slower but hey, it's Happy Hour, maybe I'll get lucky."

Megid...die.    Megid...die.    Megid...die.    Shock stun-lock... die.    Megid...die.    Shock stun lock...die.

I dunno.  Maybe I'm better at writing stories then I am at playing them.

Meanwhile, my low level chars are getting a lot of love. Until they get to Ult.

The moral of this post? I have no idea.

I need a hug?

Thanks Lemon!

I just checked the drop tables for my chars.  Tollaw has a 1/300 chance of dropping me a Red Handgun during happy hours so that's cool.  

My hunter is on Redria and it's easy to get a CURE/SHOCK there so that would alleviate a LOT of frustration.

I think I'll also do all the quests I can in VH mode just to learn them.  I just read the guides and apparently there are quests with very nifty rewards other than the run-of-the-mill 3000 Meseta.

Edited by Aeroprism

22 hours ago, HHawk4 said:

Am always down to halp, if you want :3

think i keep missing your rooms D:

I just saw you online you HANDSOME GREEN-CLAD FOMAR YOU!

Unfortunately, you were absolutely not moving.  At all.  Communication was hard ;-)

But I saw you!  It's a start!!

16 minutes ago, Aeroprism said:

I just saw you online you HANDSOME GREEN-CLAD FOMAR YOU!

Unfortunately, you were absolutely not moving.  At all.  Communication was hard ;-)

But I saw you!  It's a start!!

D: i had gotten up to eat

On 10/22/2016 at 7:56 PM, Aeroprism said:

So I've been playing on Ultima for a while, stopped a few months, came back and finally decided to get out of my cave and try to actually play with people.  (I soloed 100% of the time until tonight). I loaded my Ramarl (level 92), there were no opened groups so I made one.  People quickly joined, we went and destroyed the Sil Dragon, easy peasy.  No rares, no biggies, I got two levels out of this.

Then I logged my Hucast (level 28), found a game on hard, joined and had a blast.  We cleared forest, then did the Wrath of forest quest.  

Conclusion: playing with people beats playing alone any day.  Tonight I met cool people, quiet people, rude people and enterprising people who joined games just to ask for trades.  I noticed some players went out of their way to heal, S/D, share drops etc while other people just Han-Solo'd ahead, destroying everything without letting the poor underleveled Hunter tag anything.

There was one drop on the hard diff game, someone else picked it up, realized he couldn't use it, dropped it again and suggested I take it.  I couldn't.  Though I saw the item, I could not be taken.  We were not able to open a trade window either.  Special rules on the server?  How does rare loot rotation work on Ultima?

Anyways, it was fun.  I'm annoyed that I have to go to sleep, I'd much, much rather join another game :D

Thanks Ultima for being there and allowing us to PSO to our hearts content. 

On 10/27/2016 at 6:33 PM, Starlord said:

My story... Oh god I'm nervous. Wish I could write all of it but I'll just skip some long parts and give details.

I came from a different planet, as my planet was getting ready to be destroyed my parents sent me off on a spacepod. I was just a baby then, my destination.. This little place called "Earth". I come from a warrior race, we resemble apes, we are even born with tails. My people get stronger as the battle goes on, we are persistence and love to push our limit. Once in a rare moon we would transform into enormous gorillas and rampage and destroy cities. The only way to stop us was by cutting our tails. Then we would take our human form back on. I don't know if there's any more apes out there like me but I thought I'd tell the story of my origins. 

Hope you enjoy.

Starlord aka STARBOY.

Kakaroto!!

Prince Vegeta will follow you the journey will be long and full of great battles .