New Server Logging Features

Soly

For sure it's not new, so many servers have it, I wonder how the hell it could be new ^^ It was more like a suggestion

Also, I don't think I already get to know why he deactivated it, would you care to explain pretty please ?

Maybe he deactivated it so people use it less, considering there is (has been?) always a chance your character gets set to level 1 and all items gone if you use it. I for one don't dare using Dressing Room at all for this very reason.

On-topic ... not sure if it has been asked before, would it be possible to have some kind of command that disables using specific materials so that you can't mess up your mat plan by accidentally using undesired materials? Say, for example, /mat x = allow Material, /nomat x = disallow Material, where x corresponds to a specific material like 1 for Pow, 2 for Mind etc.

3 minutes ago, El Socko said:

Maybe he deactivated it so people use it less, considering there is (has been?) always a chance your character gets set to level 1 and all items gone if you use it. I for one don't dare using Dressing Room at all for this very reason.

Eeek, I use it like every time I pick my character, never happened to me thankfully.

Just wanna add in I would love to see the Crack Server added back because I never got to try it.
Doubt it's possible to increase the bank limit above 200 either, but just throwing it out (I know, it's likely hardcoded or something).

2 minutes ago, Soly said:

Basically full dressing room is name (and proportions) change, he didn't want people to be able to change the name I guess?

Yeah, the name change would just be silly as you'd be able to change your ID so easily (atm the cost is DTs if you want to change it), imo it's better to have the IDs the way they are. *shrugs*

Edited by Arek

6 minutes ago, El Socko said:

On-topic ... not sure if it has been asked before, would it be possible to have some kind of command that disables using specific materials so that you can't mess up your mat plan by accidentally using undesired materials? Say, for example, /mat x = allow Material, /nomat x = disallow Material, where x corresponds to a specific material like 1 for Pow, 2 for Mind etc.

No, to limit materials the game does 2 checks.
Is the stat this material is going to increase maxed?
Have you used all the materials you can?

So, limiting the materials individually at will is not really possible, I guess I could modify the client even further but I dont want to, is unnecessary.

3 minutes ago, Arek said:

Eeek, I use it like every time I pick my character, never happened to me thankfully.

Just wanna add in I would love to see the Crack Server added back because I never got to try it.
Doubt it's possible to increase the bank limit above 200 either, but just throwing it out (I know, it's likely hardcoded or something).

Yeah, the name change would just be silly as you'd be able to change your ID so easily (atm the cost is DTs if you want to change it), imo it's better to have the IDs the way they are. *shrugs*

The character reset stuff I don't think is primarily related to the dressing room... but who knows, at least is not as common as before.

We could disable the ID changes so only the name is modified but again, was larva the one who disabled it, and for that I'd rather just have a command in the ship to update your name, don't even need to log off.

7 hours ago, Misombre said:

For sure it's not new, so many servers have it, I wonder how the hell it could be new ^^ It was more like a suggestion

Also, I don't think I already get to know why he deactivated it, would you care to explain pretty please ?

It can cause several different issues and bugs, so we just have it disabled. I know it sounds like a nice idea in theory, but it's a bit of a liability.

1 minute ago, Fyrewolf5 said:

It can cause several different issues and bugs, so we just have it disabled. I know it sounds like a nice idea in theory, but it's a bit of a liability.

I don't think its disabled because of that, and still "normal" dressing room is there so it would make no sense.

Either way is up to Larva to enabled it or not and I think he has made it clear that he wont.
(So I'll keep banning people trying to hack their names in like 7 times in a row even when noticing it doesn't work at the first try :P)

@Soly just a thought.. is it possible to show the stats of a weapon beside the name of the weapon during you are switching between them? D: just like:

Native Dark
or
45n 100d

sometimes that would be noice xP if not possible simply ignore that question D:

6 hours ago, Night said:

@Soly just a thought.. is it possible to show the stats of a weapon beside the name of the weapon during you are switching between them? D: just like:

Native Dark
or
45n 100d

sometimes that would be noice xP if not possible simply ignore that question D:

Press tab, it will bring up that menu.