New Server Logging Features

Soly

On 11/6/2016 at 4:32 PM, Soly said:

Update here.

The new server now logs all attacks you perform with a weapon, like... 
Normal, hard and special attacks as combo step 1 2 and 3
Not that it's the meaning of life... but hey.. if I can log that, why not?

Also it now logs how many mobs and boxes you hit (obviously boxes is a 1 shot stuff, mob kills are counted somewhere else).
These 2 might be wrong depending on the info I have, but the tests I have done so far, seems to be fine.

I Feel the NSA is here :P

• Haha 1

• 7 months later...
On 10/21/2016 at 8:09 PM, Soly said:

A "global chat" while it could work, only people in a team would be able to see it and you'd have to toggle 2 things, wether you want to receive global messages and if you are going to send team or global messages. I don't think people would use it enough (besides the spam) and the idea in general is a bit weird, you are not communicated to everyone in the "world", just the area you are in (and teammates cuz you are related through the team obviously), doesn't really make sense to be able to see what everyone says wherever they are.

I take it you haven't really played many other MMOs? Global chat is in pretty much all of them now days. Not that I think PSO necessarily needs it, but with a small community like this one, I think it would be useful. Probably not too much spam. 

58 minutes ago, Waluigi1 said:

I take it you haven't really played many other MMOs? Global chat is in pretty much all of them now days. Not that I think PSO necessarily needs it, but with a small community like this one, I think it would be useful. Probably not too much spam. 

I haven't played many, but I have played a few, where you can NOT see EVERYTHING, only messages within some range from where you are.
But this thing it's still in my to do list... I haven't had time to mess with it, and probably would be only in Aselia.

• 1 month later...

I didn't see this in the thread, and I forgot if I asked you privately, but can we record how often a quest is played? Globally and maybe by player.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lemon said:

I didn't see this in the thread, and I forgot if I asked you privately, but can we record how often a quest is played? Globally and maybe by player.

I had already added that in to the spoiler in the first post.

The problem I have with this is that as you know, all quests are defined in text files (and the server doesn't enforce a single ID for each quest).
So I need to move the whole quests setup to the database (keeping their metadata, as well as logs of times player and such) and implementing a cache system on the ships so they don't have to keep downloading the quests over and over, only when they don't exist or are outdated.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Shoutgu said:

battle mode wins would be a nice editiion

That is already in the game wins and disconnections (iirc) over your head and all places on the main menu.