Delsaber Gauntlet : Samurais on the hunt !

Misombre

@Mieu Nice introduction =)

I can't wait to see your recording ! Which gauntlet are you gonna do ? I'd really to see a recording of "Nerves of steel", but if you do both (dream dream) that'd be even better !

Take care of yourself samurais !

Well ... I'll see what I can do.  I've been getting my ass kicked by Belra/Mages combo.

Honestly ... I'm not doing any of this for any prizes ... I'm doing this to show off my little "Nei".  I always claim she's the best HUney on the Server ... and I want to prove it.

Unfortunately ... her "User" is a dumbass and weak.  HA HA HA!

I'll get something up before the 31st ... even if I don't complete it.  Like I said, I don't play with sound, so I would have to add a nice playlist to it.  Which I already did on my ipod. I just have to pick what I play.  But I don't know how long the video will be.

But ... I'm trying.  I'll get it done.  I'm sure I can do it.

Thanks you for your caring about us Samurai's.

• Like 1

Well I don't mind if I got nothing to do, but at the moment I just cannot anticipate. Also you already got one run done =) so now I'd like to help more people before doing some extras

That is up to you.  Like I said ... I'm not in this for the prizes.  I'm in this for the notoriety ... I want to show my skills.

I've made it to Ruins 3, but the ghosts got me.  I'm reading the FAQ on it now.

Close to recording.  I think I have my tactics down.

Again ... you are the boss of this event ... you can do whatever you want.  Just let us know so we can adjust as needed.

Thank you for your time.

Mieu

Hello fellow samurais ! A little head up !

No new weapons will be added to the list of authorized weapons for two reasons :

• Already 2 players have done the challenge, so that would not be fair to them if I were to allow new weapons.
  • I think there is already enough weapons, considering this is a Samurai Gauntlet and not a "best efficiency ever run". This will be a hard run, but this is kinda the goal =)

This event will be up until 31 of October. So there is only 6 days left ! Also buffed belras are part of the challenge, which means this event will not accept runs with normal belras.
The rewards list have been updated : girasole and vampire cloak have been added (banana cannon has been removed due to me being an asshole). Also more stuff will be added before 31, stay tuned !
An additional reward can be earn depending on your style and the weapon you use. This additional reward has nothing to do with first or second place, so you can get it anyway if you do something cool =)

I encourage all the participants of the first "Delsaber Gauntlet" to also participate to this event, because I will be keeping track of your scores and you will be part of a special ranking. Let's say you got 3rd place at last event, and you get 1st place at this event, then your global ranking will be 2nd place (roughly, of course the calculation is not that simple). This global ranking will allow you to get high tier stuff at some point and will be a proof of your greatness =)

To all the pseudo/true pro players that never/always brag about how good they are at PSO : Come and prove your skills ! Now is the time to brag for real, I encourage you to do so ;) 
The rewards are only here as medals and proof that you did well, but the true goal of this kind of events is to improve and show your skills !

Edited by Misombre
  • Like 3

On 19/10/2016 at 9:18 PM, Misombre said:

This event end the 31 of October (ot wx ektrum kppl dw).

So since finally someone ask me what this random list of characters means, I think it's quite time for me to explain what my stupid brain could not express when I wrote that.

Samurai Event will end between the 31 of October and the end of Halloween (if it ends after the 31 of October).

Basically : this event ends when Indi Belras are no longer buffed.

Remember that I can help you with your run if you can't record it yourself.

Note : when this event will be over, I will still be running an extra battle mode. This battle will basically be a fight between players, with the same rules as this "Samurai Event" : no STA, no WD, limited list of weapons. Winner get one prize.

Ondavital has proved himself as a hunter and samurai.

Delsaber Time attack

2qtweif.jpg

Ruins 1 time : 26 min

Ruins 2 time : 43 min

Total time : 1 h 09 min

Nerves of Steel

wv7kgy.jpg  5n6dg5.jpg

Number of death : 0

Caught by ghost : 4

Thank you for participating !

Delsaber Time Attack

Chosen weapons :

Bamboo Spear (0/0/40/0)

Yunchang +25 (0/0/0/0)

Two Kamui (0/0/0/0)

The run is done but now I need to upload somewhere that file after conversion because ... 87.4 GB is quite a lot.

(Could use TJS and Jizai too but didn't want to do like everybody ;p and tried to use Bamboo Spear as often as possible even though it is outclassed by Yunchang and always misses with its 3 ATA XD)

Edited by R-78
  • Like 1

To everyone who is attempting this mission ... here are my results for "Fragments of Memories."

DropBox will only show you a 15 min preview ... that you can speed up if you want.  (Kinda looks better in 2x speed.  LOL)  If you want to watch the whole thing ... you can download it directly from them.  You do not need an account to grab the file and they seems to have a great "Downwidth" ... so you can grab this file pretty quick.

The file is 2.2 GB is size.  It is about 2.5 hours long.  To try and keep the file size down, I reduced the quality and removed the sound.  So I it just a video with no noise.  So I would advice to listen to a playlist while you watch this.

(If it is approved as a valid run by the "Quest Creator" ... and it is something that people like ... I will add an OST for it.  I kinda have one, but I want to rewrite it anyways.)

Anyways ... enjoy!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bmpcv9o1s2nafp5/PSOBB - Nei's Samurai Run 2016-11-02 (Completed - Failed).avi?dl=0

Edited by Mieu
Double Signatures.
  • Like 2

Imosgid has challenged the Delsaber Time attack

Weapons used :

• GETSUGASAN [charge] : 50 hit
  • JIZAI +40 : 40 hit
  • HUGE BATTLE FAN

Here is a sample of my run. Because it is huge and bandicam doesn't allow me to do more than 10 min run and am lazy to fix that : there is only 10 min.

Spoiler

Also, I realized afterward that my background music got recorded too xD needless to say that you should mute the video, especially if you change the speed to x2, which I encourage you to do =)

2lxgtvk.jpg

Ruins 1 time : 29 min

Ruins 2 time : 42 min

Total time : 1 h 11 min

Spoiler

So yeah, Imosgid is my character for those who don't know =)

Considering that :

• There is not enough people who did participate
  • I am also a player
  • As event creator, I must show that I am able to do what I ask to people

I decided to participate as well.

I died like 5 times in ruins 1 and 2 times in ruins 2.

I tried... three times the random warp before getting to the right pattern xD ; I got really unlucky on that one, but each time I realized I took the wrong warp, I warped to pionner and came back to the warps. So I didn't lost time cleaning useless rooms.

Ruins 2 was really easy though, dark gunners  are quite some buggers, but they only take time to get killed. Doom bringers are also a pain, but just a small pain because there is not much of them.

Edited by Misombre
  • Like 4

Kamlang went through Delsaber Time attack with success.

Ruins 1 time : 18 min 51 sec

Ruins 2 time : 31 min 27 sec

Total time : 50 min 18 sec

Thank you for participating !

Edited by Misombre
  • Like 1