Spending Max Attack 4 Tickets?

Climhazzard

Pretty sure it's the one I translated and sent to Cy about 2 months ago. Definitely needs some tweaks because of the original Sega rewards, and for that matter also additional changes to the text to reflect the tweaks.

18 minutes ago, El Socko said:

Pretty sure it's the one I translated and sent to Cy about 2 months ago. Definitely needs some tweaks because of the original Sega rewards, and for that matter also additional changes to the text to reflect the tweaks.

Yeah... but I meant... you either removed some lines or missed them as the text was not in sync, it's missing the quest info, name, description, longer description and about rewards idk if I want to modify it but that can come later on... the main focus is to put it up whenever its possible.

And in the same note, all the other MA stuff needs translation, the ones that were translated here were actually broken (missing strings so all the dialog and menus broke).

I didn't see your reply earlier so I'll give you some feedback on this.

Yes, I removed a few select lines because in some cases the original Japanese text contains some of the honorific "filler" that is somewhat unique to the language and that I deem somewhat redundant. I'm talking of stuff like "otsukaresama" which indeed, as the article in the link tells you, isn't really used in our western world so in such cases I just omitted some instances. Sometimes I had to move stuff around to accomodate for the grammar differences between JP and EN. Also, in a few other cases I tried to condense text by simply removing one instance of "add_msg". It should not be a problem for the quest to work as it is merely a chat bubble/button press, but I wasn't aware this would be more troublesome for you since the number of lines does not match up anymore, I'm sorry about that.

I know it is not perfect but the majority of the work was done.

However, "quest info, name, description, longer description" as far as I remember was not provided in the JP file that Cyane sent me. I just had a look, the original had 1676 lines of text and my translation has 1671, so I removed 5 lines total. I'll post again in a few minutes with some details.

It's not really "too much trouble" but for example... if I am going to change something in the quest for whatever reason, adding a new menu or things like that... having the same line count makes it easier to manage in all languages (mind you, I aim to have 6 different languages sometime soon™).

I think I added the removed lines back but I need to look into the quest again... what I'd suggest you to do is, if you end up not needing some lines, instead of removing them, make them "nops" so the line count is still the same

I also need to look into the opcode used by MA quests to send back the kills and stuff you had... but that's another story.

• Like 1

Well, I just sent you a PM with the fixed file,  now line numbers match up again. I hope you didn't do anything with the earlier file I gave back to Cyane.

It's kinda funny though, there wasn't actually any honorific stuff that I explained in the other post (I didn't remember as it was 2 or 3 months ago that I did the translation). I think that was the case a couple of years ago though on files I sent to Lee for Schthack.