Unable to Log In or Patch

NightshadeVix

Right then, kinda new here...

But I got the installer, but when I tried to launch it to do the updates or patches... I get hit by either the patch connection failed due to the server being in maintenance or Illegal Characters in path...

I excepted the game from my firewall and anit-virus... I ran both the launcher and the online.exe as Admin but neither worked. :/ I don't know what to do to fix this. 

PSOBBerror1.png

PSOBBerror2.png

try turning your antivirus off, then update and patch. Put antivirus on, then try starting pso again. For me it wasnt enough to put pso on the exception list of my antivirus so maybe this works for you aswell ;D

Edited by alislunae_
typo

You must run Launcher as online won't give you any updates.

I have never seen that error in the launcher does it happen every time?
Where did you install the game (aka location in your computer)

Can you post a screenshot of the start screen or tell me if it says "Ultima Ver 0.13"

4 hours ago, Soly said:

You must run Launcher as online won't give you any updates.

I have never seen that error in the launcher does it happen every time?
Where did you install the game (aka location in your computer)

Can you post a screenshot of the start screen or tell me if it says "Ultima Ver 0.13"

The second screenshot happens if I just run the launcher right off the shortcut whether as Admin or not, it still give me the illegal characters in path error. Dunno why. As for it being Ultima Ver. 0.13... it does say that when I do launch it as Online but then it gives me the patcher connection failed. Though I'll try again by turning everything off and see if that works.  

PSOBBerror3.png

2 minutes ago, Soly said:

C:\Ultima PSOBBB ?
Then it shouldn't cause any issue, I'll see if I can modify the launcher to give a better error message.

That's where it is. even with the firewall and anti-virus off it gives me the errors. Though I can try to install it elsewhere and see. 

PSOBBerror4.png

You could try, I doubt it would help.

If your antivirus doesn't have extra modules that monitor internet activiry (avast is one that does), or you disabled them too, your ISP or network administrator might be blocking our IP address. (the one for the game server), given the fact that is not the antivirus or firewall.
Not long ago, someone had in their configuration panel for their internet service, something that was blocking the connection, and disabling effectively solved it, I don't recall the name of his ISP tho.