just decided to voice my opinion

This may be offensive to you guys in the slightest but I hope that its not and its more an understanding here.

My biggest issue with this server is that one we do not have too many gms so the workload on such gms is too much specifically while hosting private/short-term events. We all run on different times, different zones, and different schedules. So I understand what Cyane means by she is tired and she had done all the work in regards to majority of the "HIT" event that just passed and that I practically missed not to my own accord but because of my schedule. I understand that I should have maybe given a team member my items or pds or so that I wanted hit on but then again I did not have a clear schedule for this weekend. I got called in like 3 times from friday-sunday and I have to study for certain exams, complete certain assignments, etc while still keeping up with the time frame of when events happen? I mean if I'm here when the event is scheduled like I was on the 18th shouldn't I have access to a gm ready to redeem items or already in the process at that specific time. I mean I'm just sick and tired of hopping on and then hearing that happy hour was like 30 mins ago and I missed it by a hair or I log off and hear oh now its happy hour when I had been spending time hunting for the past 3 hours. Or sick of hearing I miss crucial game changing events like the hit event because I was forced to be doing something else during the hours that it was on. I mean it is a game at the end of the day and should it not cater to the players? It does sound like I'm complaining but I've been on server for five years, yes we got new items, new upgrades to forums, new launchers, etc but maybe implementing a textalert would be a great idea at the least. Its not every time that I am going to be able to check this website to see if something is going on. So getting a text would be so much more efficient. I mean like I am now say a five year veteran on this ultima sever that I've helped people numerous times on but yet it just seems like I get pooped out of luck or the short end of the stick with these kinda once in a blue moon events. Like I bust my behind for some pds and then the days come and suddenly I'm not able to make it but I've been on server for so long and yet no mercy on maybe being lateish. I mean I did hop on during the day eastern time US on the 18th and I heard that hit event just ended 30 mins ago right before a Happy Hour and at that point I'm just like should it not be an all day event then?  

Edited by Cyane
locked via request <
  • Like 1

The hit event was announced about a week and a half in advance and lasted 2 days.

You had plenty of time to participate and plenty of notice. If you didn't get to do so that's no one's fault but your own.

• Like 4

Good for you to give your opinion, you have every right to do so and as you know, we have every right to comment on it further, I agree with you, recently in the thread of the event hit express my view  (whit all the respect) that we needed a better organization.  And i get cited by  several users telling me that I did not understand the rules. Dont worry pal, like i say before, we All have the right to say our review, but there will always be (a fool) someone who is upset and attack us for saying it.

I'm pretty new here but a week notice and a 2 day window seems pretty generous to me. Plus it's not like the hit event is the only way to add hit, it's just much cheaper than using DTs.

As far as Happy Hour goes, the notifications for following the HH thread seem to work fine. I do think it would be really cool if there was just an automated forum thing that said if HH was on/off, and how much time is left if it's on. 

2 hours ago, Cross said:

Good for you to give your opinion, you have every right to do so and as you know, we have every right to comment on it further, I agree with you, recently in the thread of the event hit express my view  (whit all the respect) that we needed a better organization.  And i get cited by  several users telling me that I did not understand the rules. Dont worry pal, like i say before, we All have the right to say our review, but there will always be (a fool) someone who is upset and attack us for saying it.

well. we all can make repairs on things are going, but you are the FOOL that mixed 2 events and still complaints about organization, so please stop talk like that, it seems that you can make repairs to others, but you cant get repairs from others. next time read better and dont mix things and blame others because you cant read or make questions in proper time!

NightGen16

you are right on some things, but in general, bad luck on timing. i would like in future have the option in events like this, have support from GMs by agrement, by sending a msg of what you need to make and latter/after event you get them, because not everybody can up everyday, i know a few peoples that missed this event, because they cant log in weekends, so for them any weekend events sucks and in general they "losse". just like you, conditioning is not equal to all players

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cross said:

You have every right to say what you're thinking, but so do other players have the same right to disagree. No one attacked you on the Hit Event thread, but you calling people that disagreed from your opnion a fool shows that YES, theres a fool, and it is you.

Everybody agrees that every event needs better organizations. But if you look back at last year hit event, it has changed so much, and it was for the better. It's a "new" event, it's getting better.

The reason you keep repeating the same thing is because you're crying that you didn't get some services. Everybody already knows that. There isn't a reason to keep repeating the same drama, over and over again.

Edited by jhfernandes
  • Like 2

I'm sorry to hear that @NightGen16. But the event was announced some days before. I think would be better if you start checking the forum in a period of 2-2day or 3-3 to keep up with whats happening.

7 minutes ago, leezy said:

Gm's event, is on gm's time,we as player have to make it on their time,,calling sick from work,or staying up late ,,red eyes next day

Wait I'm not even on here anymore 

I just think that if you missed the event, you can blame yourself and not the staff or other players...

There were plenty of time to enter the Hit room, I am sure that you have friends that could do the favor for you and add hit while you couldn't be active. There were times that the HIT EVENT room was completely EMPTY (ask Mio or Cyane), so it is weird that "I was forced to be doing something else during the hours that it was on".

What I agree is that yeah, we need more people with Moderator rights and probably from different timezones, so they can conver the whole 2 days attending people that can't be active during a certain period.

When I was younger on server, I used to complain about many things, now I have 2 years of PSO and I am surprised that you, with 5 years of Ultima, still can't fully understand how this server works. The moderators does these Events because THEY WANT TO, not because THEY ARE OBLIGATED TO. So all that me and the people that participated from the Event can say is Thank You. As Cyane said in private, only Mio could help her doing that Event, the other moderators probably were busy.

Can you imagine how it is to make 6~7 weapons from each user, attend like 150 people per day or more? They feel tired, so yeah do not underestimate the work from them.

On my opinion this event was MUCH, MUCH better than previous years, where we had exactly 1 hour to attend the whole server, and we couldn't split Hit betwee weapons. Maybe you can't see, but we had a really improvement on Events and server lately. I understand that event as a BONUS, not as a thing that should happen often.

• Like 1

ektrum

Organization can be bad or not confortable. But remember that Cyane has been working for free. She didn't have to do it. She wanted to do it for us, because she's nice.

You can (should) expect organization from a service you pay for. You didn't pay for PSO. No one here payed to play (don't get started on DTs, one can completely play without them). Now, even said like that, it might seems unfair to you. But as a lot of people in this thread already said : there is way to make things work.

As far as I know, GMs work for free on Ultima. That said, one of the only way the organization could've been better would've been to have more GMs to host the event. So we could need at least one more very dedicated GM from a different timezone that Cyane.

Also ektrum, in case I forgot

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Misombre said:

could need at least one more very dedicated GM from a different timezone that Cyane.

hmm cof saith cof cof cof cof plz?

I play a game on my phone and they have events, that happen on weekends at my midnight and at my 7a.m., most time i have to miss both due to my need for sleep/rest, or by being busy with some task or another. That's their schedule for events and I don't go there and demand them to do an all day long event so i get to enjoy it, they are a big corporation and just having me complain won't make it a day long event of the more rare events they have.They do make week long events or weekend long events but it's usually not as good as those 30 minutes events they have.

It's their game they know what to do about it, in this case I ask help to the available gms, but after a few hours we stop seeing things right and start making many mistakes(reason i asked everyone to confirm their things), this is an event that leaves you exhausted. I tried to be around as much as possible, even going out of my way and wake up at my 6a.m. to give closure to the event at midnight pacific time(my 7a.m.).(somewhere in the US midnight)

This is a game that if it wasn't loved by many peoples that refuse to see it die it probably wouldn't exist anymore, so even having crazy gm events and all that comes from the love of everyone and the organization of the players. As a community you can always ask your friendly team member to hold on the pd and the items, chat logs and pictures provided can protect the most afraid players when it comes to do that too. On events like this letting a gm know that you might not make it in time we can direct you to trusted players to hold your items too, or even we can hold them with our accounts and do it later if we still have the space in our accounts.

So as old friends I ask you to understand, I couldn't do more than this.

• Like 3

Lol y'all got my words mixed up when I clearly said I am aware of the times of Cyane and Mio and that they run on their schedules which is why I said having more GM's wouldn't be a bad idea at least it will be disbursed throughout the entire day of the event and not just a fixed point because like I said I made it to the server on the 18th which is one of the days of the event it's not like I could just say oh no I'm not gonna work at this time because I want to play a game think of it. I know this server is free but I just basically said expanding their time frames would be better I could give two craps about not getting my items obviously I would've wanted to add some hit also. But regardless of a two weeks notice you can't just tell your boss your not coming in today. And you can't tell your assignments/studies that they got to wait when they have a due date like the time that I could make it on the 18th was not long and I was on for about two hours trying to contact GM's or anything but what can I do if they can't reply yet? 

6 hours ago, NightGen16 said:

This may be offensive to you guys in the slightest but I hope that its not and its more an understanding here.

My biggest issue with this server is that one we do not have too many gms so the workload on such gms is too much specifically while hosting private/short-term events. We all run on different times, different zones, and different schedules. So I understand what Cyane means by she is tired and she had done all the work in regards to majority of the "HIT" event that just passed and that I practically missed not to my own accord but because of my schedule. I understand that I should have maybe given a team member my items or pds or so that I wanted hit on but then again I did not have a clear schedule for this weekend. I got called in like 3 times from friday-sunday and I have to study for certain exams, complete certain assignments, etc while still keeping up with the time frame of when events happen? I mean if I'm here when the event is scheduled like I was on the 18th shouldn't I have access to a gm ready to redeem items or already in the process at that specific time. I mean I'm just sick and tired of hopping on and then hearing that happy hour was like 30 mins ago and I missed it by a hair or I log off and hear oh now its happy hour when I had been spending time hunting for the past 3 hours. Or sick of hearing I miss crucial game changing events like the hit event because I was forced to be doing something else during the hours that it was on. I mean it is a game at the end of the day and should it not cater to the players? It does sound like I'm complaining but I've been on server for five years, yes we got new items, new upgrades to forums, new launchers, etc but maybe implementing a textalert would be a great idea at the least. Its not every time that I am going to be able to check this website to see if something is going on. So getting a text would be so much more efficient. I mean like I am now say a five year veteran on this ultima sever that I've helped people numerous times on but yet it just seems like I get pooped out of luck or the short end of the stick with these kinda once in a blue moon events. Like I bust my behind for some pds and then the days come and suddenly I'm not able to make it but I've been on server for so long and yet no mercy on maybe being lateish. I mean I did hop on during the day eastern time US on the 18th and I heard that hit event just ended 30 mins ago right before a Happy Hour and at that point I'm just like should it not be an all day event then?  

Something we have to constantly remind ourselves is that the GMs give their service and especially their time to the community for free. Put yourself in Cyane's shoes. She spent a large chunk of HER precious time on the weekend. I don't know many people in real life who would give 10 mins to a stranger, especially on a weekend. What did she get in return? nada

..."HIT" event that just passed and that I practically missed not to my own accord but because of my schedule.

... I got called in like 3 times from friday-sunday and I have to study for certain exams, complete certain assignments, etc while still keeping up with the time frame of when events happen?

...sick of hearing I miss crucial game changing events like the hit event because I was forced to be doing something else during the hours that it was on.

All of us have obligations and things to tend to in real life. If you really want something, you have to make it work for you one way or another. I don't want this to sound condescending, but it's just a part of life. things aren't always going to perfectly line up when we want them to

I'm just sick and tired of hopping on and then hearing that happy hour was like 30 mins ago and I missed it

For happy hours notifications, subscribe to the happy hours thread (link in my signature). fortunately we have a very collaborative and active community that all contribute to the notifications.

• Like 2