SOLY and Admins ... I have my "GOLD PRESSED COPIES" from my old employer of, "XP:MCE and XP:Home/Pro/Enterprise."  I would be more than happy to roll it up into an .ISO for you ... However, as you should know ... I cannot give you the VLK for it.  Sorry.

Also ... XP:MCE is 2 Discs.  1 is the main installer.  2 is the extras.

Edited by Mieu
.ISO for Admins only. Sorry ...

I see your location is from "Nova Scotia" ... are you using any "Language Packs" or "Enhancements" to the OS?  Voice or Tablet recognition?  Also ... Just like Soly said ... are you getting any erroneous messages in the "Event Viewer"? 

Hmm ... nothing in the logs huh?

Pretty much at this stage, the only thing I can think of is installing another HDD or making an empty partition or VM-Space ... and trying it all from scratch.

I understand N.S. is an English Province ... however sometimes MS installs extra crap for different countries and locales, for universal compatibility resolutions.  101-Key keyboards (Plus or minus a few keys), additional input devices, etc, etc.

Oh ... are you playing any other games from different countries?  Such as Japanese Games?

Edited by Mieu
¥ instead of \

Reinstalled Windows XP from scratch. Still "No DLL"... doesn't matter where or how I install the game, or how I launch it.
Whatever is going on, it isn't my system. For some reason, PSOBB just isn't loading properly. I can get into the menu, enter my account details... but cannot connect of course.

EDIT: Installed Schthack PSOBB on the system to see what would happen with theirs. Loads fine, DLL loads, everything loads, and can connect fine.

Since I'm guessing the client dll for Ultima is made in Visual Studio 2015, it may be a shot in the dark, but could one of the devs check to see what the "Platform Toolset" is set to in the solution's settings? Might want to make sure it's one of the v###_xp variants.

Edited by Jordon Moss
9 hours ago, Jordon Moss said:

Reinstalled Windows XP from scratch. Still "No DLL"... doesn't matter where or how I install the game, or how I launch it.
Whatever is going on, it isn't my system. For some reason, PSOBB just isn't loading properly. I can get into the menu, enter my account details... but cannot connect of course.

EDIT: Installed Schthack PSOBB on the system to see what would happen with theirs. Loads fine, DLL loads, everything loads, and can connect fine.

Since I'm guessing the client dll for Ultima is made in Visual Studio 2015, it may be a shot in the dark, but could one of the devs check to see what the "Platform Toolset" is set to in the solution's settings? Might want to make sure it's one of the v###_xp variants.

As I have said before, it works fine on my virtual machine and several other people can use it in XP too.
I don't think it's not your system.

To answer your question, I do use Visual Studio 2015, but the toolset used is Visual Studio 2015 - Windows XP (v140_xp)

You said you reinstalled, but did you install media center again?

Edited by Soly

Not media center. Just plain Windows XP Pro with SP3. And to be honest, the system was perfectly fine and stable before.

Still "no dll".

You're not using any intel-specific optimizations / instruction sets, are you? (Such as SSE2) This is running an AMD Athlon XP 1600 CPU.
We need some way to debug this... some kind of way to catch were and why it's failing to load. Event viewer yields nothing.

Edited by Jordon Moss