Just recently, my Windows 10 gaming PC had died. So, I decided to install PSOBB on my older Windows XP machine. For some reason, the launcher doesn't seem to apply the resolution settings correctly (though all of the other settings apply no problem), also Virtual Fullscreen doesn't seem to work (might just be a limitation). However, the biggest problem is that the game fails to load the DLL. I get "No DLL" in the bottom-left corner when the game is running instead of the proper "Ultima ver 0.13", and I cannot connect / log in to the server. Just sits waiting at "Connecting to the server, please wait...".

I used to be able to play this in XP, so I don't know what happened. Does the DLL have any external dependencies? Like any specific Visual C++ Runtimes, or anything of the sort?

EDIT: This is a fresh install too. Using the latest installer from the site. Running on Windows XP SP3, fully updated... and running .NET framework 4.0.3 as well. Dunno if that helps.

Edited by Jordon Moss
Just now, serverus said:

Its so weird to see and xp x64 and i think u cant even install pso on there i remember last time it says not a 64 bits compatible or something like that when u try to install

yeah i know its weird , but well i had to ask xD

It is 32-bit. I can't even install 64-bit on here anyway, since it's not a 64-bit CPU.

I am also using the latest drivers available for my hardware.

Does it make any difference that I'm running Media Center Edition?

Edited by Jordon Moss

I also replied in the chatbox.  I'll paste my response here.

Spoiler

• Chiming in here. My Dual-Log box is an XP laptop. SP3 and it is an relatively fresh install. (Less than 6 months).
  • photo-thumb-15297.gif
    MieuToday 10:48 PM
    All I have installed is some utilities I use ... Checking updates, I only have (KB955704) I'm pretty much sure I do not have any C Restrib's installed.
  • photo-thumb-15297.gif
    Usually when I have an issue with a new build like I have with PSOBB before ... do a complete uninstall, reboot and install again with the latest installer.
  • raw.gif.498d1b92ac7de4e80e82ad892421fc6f
    MalxerzToday 10:48 PM
    neiiiiii
  • photo-thumb-15297.gif
    If you get an error with uninstallation, you may need to clean your registry manually.
  • photo-thumb-15297.gif
    MieuToday 10:49 PM
    Hello @Malxerz !
  • photo-thumb-15297.gif
    MieuToday 10:49 PM
    Actually ... Checking again ... "Appwiz.cpl" has PSOBB and PSOBB 3.0 and I do not have DLL issues.
  • photo-thumb-15297.gif
    MieuToday 10:50 PM
    You may want to check your AV or MS's AV and/or Firewall Rules.
  • photo-thumb-15297.gif
    MieuToday 10:51 PM
    For notifications that were not made to you, the user. It may have auto-blocked without telling you. (As Microsoft Likes to do that.)
  • photo-thumb-15297.gif
    MieuToday 10:53 PM
    I'll check my Windows 7 and Windows 10 Boxes as well to see what Re-destribs I have. But I do not recall ever needed any on fresh installs of OS's.
  • photo-thumb-15297.gif
    MieuToday 10:54 PM
    Windows 7: PSOBB PSOBB 3.3 ... Visual C 2005 and 2012 11.0.50727
  • photo-thumb-15297.gif
    MieuToday 10:56 PM
    I remember when the "Latest PSO Installer" came out ... 4.0 I think ... I had to reinstall to get it to work. That's the only other thing I can think of.

Edited by Soly
6 minutes ago, Mieu said:

I also replied in the chatbox.  I'll paste my response here.

Reveal hidden contents

Put your chatbox paste in a spoiler as it breaks the forum.

It might possibly be "Media Center Edition" ... I can't use specific information ... but I remember people having issues back in the day with programs running because the OS is missing certain components compared to the HOME or PROFESSIONAL version.

I hate to ask ... and I'm not sure if I can ... but you aren't using a pirated version of the OS, are you?  Also, are you using an original CD or one with the latest updates/service packs Slipstreamed?

My apologies.  Still getting used to Forum's New Format.

Edited by Mieu
Response for C/P