Battle items are bugged

Ketchup

Guildcard: 42174343

Character Slot: N/A

Date/Time: N/A

Description: I tried Brutal Baranz Blight, which is under battle mode, with @r-78 and @kamlang. Everything went well during the quest, but then I left the room and played again and as soon as I tried to drop/use any item that I got during the quest (star atomizer, hp mats, ...), I got disconnected (Err 100.). Tried it twice, got d/c'd twice.

Comments: I don't really know if this is Brutal Baranz Blight related or Battle mode related since I've only tried with Brutal Baranz Blight items but it doesn't really make sense for it to be BBB-related.

• Like 1

It's the first custom quest that have ever been implemented in battle mode on Ultima so I guess that's it ?

It makes sense
A "dummy" character gets loaded during B and C mode, when you finish your original character gets restored, so anything picked up during the quest is gone.

I'll move the quest to Ep1 as it was originally intented.

Edited by Soly

Well, was this only tried once?

I have picked up stuff in battle mode and used it without issues. That said, I've also had my gear give me repeated item not found errors several times in a row for no apparent reason, although haha I also play battle mode a fair bit, so could explain that?

21 minutes ago, TripleR said:

I have picked up stuff in battle mode and used it without issues. That said, I've also had my gear give me repeated item not found errors several times in a row for no apparent reason, although haha I also play battle mode a fair bit, so could explain that?

I just got on and tested, it does crash. :onion123: Thank you for pointing this out!

Also, please post your thoughts on the game play of it Here. So I can make even better quests in the future.

Edited by Lemon
That came off as if this should have been in that thread, but bugs go here, feedback goes there x,.,x
26 minutes ago, TripleR said:

He said he left the room and played again, you meant using them in the same room no?

Hmm that I am not sure, but most likely mates, geared battle, so chances of it making it out of the room are slim. That is a good thing to point out.

Saith talked to me about this and explained how the fact that it is a quest makes it very different from what I was doing and talking about, seems to make sense why it would cause issues.