Ultima's Hit Event 2016

Cyane

I've had a few thoughts about how we can get this event smoothly done.

A single character can access 297 PDs: 99 on the char, in the bank and in the common bank respectively. Which means you'll be able to add 30 hit a maximum of 7 times (7x40 PDs = 280 PDs). Which brings me to a question of ethics. Since everybody will want to join Cyanes room, it would be very unfair if players try to get multiple characters into the room by dual/triple logging. I for one will certainly not try this, I'll just get my other account ready and wait my turn until I'm done with the first account. It would be nice if everyone played fair like this.

Now, I've also been thinking what's the best way to go about this to help Cyane getting things done. When I was redeeming a lot of DTs earlier this year, I had prepared a very detailed private message where I first listed all weapons with their initial stats, then went through each stat addition, made easy to read with colours and bold text to. It looked like this example (each of the 4 steps equalled 15 DTs):

Rambling May - stats 0 0 0 40 80h

01. add 35 Dark to Rambling May > stats now 0 0 0 75 80h
02. add 25 Dark and 10 Native to Rambling May > stats now 10 0 0 100 80h
03. add 35 Native to Rambling May > stats now 45 0 0 100 80h
04. add 35 Native to Rambling May > final stats 80 0 0 100 80h

Cyane, do you think it is a good idea if people prepare lists like this which they can send to you once they have joined your room? Obviously not everyone would do that anyway as there are plenty of people who aren't active on the forums and won't even know about the event until it actually went live.

Feedback please, people.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, El Socko said:

A single character can access 297 PDs: 99 on the char, in the bank and in the common bank respectively. Which means you'll be able to add 30 hit a maximum of 7 times (7x40 PDs = 280 PDs). Which brings me to a question of ethics. Since everybody will want to join Cyanes room, it would be very unfair if players try to get multiple characters into the room by dual/triple logging. I for one will certainly not try this, I'll just get my other account ready and wait my turn until I'm done with the first account. It would be nice if everyone played fair like this.

Now, I've also been thinking what's the best way to go about this to help Cyane getting things done. When I was redeeming a lot of DTs earlier this year, I had prepared a very detailed private message where I first listed all weapons with their initial stats, then went through each stat addition, made easy to read with colours and bold text to. It looked like this example (each of the 4 steps equalled 15 DTs):

Cyane, do you think it is a good idea if people prepare lists like this which they can send to you once they have joined your room? Obviously not everyone would do that anyway as there are plenty of people who aren't active on the forums and won't even know about the event until it actually went live.

Feedback please, people.

My idea is to know in advance how much hit in total you want to add across all your weapons. For example, if I'm going to use 200 pds for the event, I would be able to add 150 hit. So when I enter the room I can just say "150hit for 200 pds". Then just say the weps I want the hit to go towards. Maybe cyane can have the multiplication table for 40 and 30 with her so she can check if people did the right math lol

49 minutes ago, El Socko said:

Feedback please, people.

As long as peoples come organized and know what they want they facilitate my work on the event, there's always those that are like "oh the weapon is on another character, oh i forgot this and that" this is what consumes the most time on this event, coming prepared and knowing what you want to do at that time helps doing things faster. I'll be online the most time I can for this event. Also try to not leave it for the last minute redeem, getting it done early can help with getting this event out of the way. 

• Like 3

@Faelynn No because the max this event allow you to add is up to 70 hit. You can reach 80 hit with normal redeem later (outside this event).

So if your yask already got 65 hit, you can only add 5 % per weapon with this event. But to answer the question completely, yes you can split the hit.

Edited by Misombre
  • Like 1

Are these kind of events fairly common? I'm new, so I don't have enough photon drops to actually do anything this time. And since my experience with PSO is offline GC version, I never really ended up using PD's. Basically, should I be saving PD's for event's like these?

45 minutes ago, rstewy2 said:

Are these kind of events fairly common? I'm new, so I don't have enough photon drops to actually do anything this time. And since my experience with PSO is offline GC version, I never really ended up using PD's. Basically, should I be saving PD's for event's like these?

They are not THAT often, but happen at least twice a year? I don't know exactly.
You should always save PDs either to buy stuff from other people or for surprise events like these ones.... sometimes @kajex likes to do events like this one but with cheaper stuff that you can gather easily, of course won't give as much as this specific event gives, hit, but its still worth it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Soly said:

They are not THAT often, but happen at least twice a year? I don't know exactly.
You should always save PDs either to buy stuff from other people or for surprise events like these ones.... sometimes @kajex likes to do events like this one but with cheaper stuff that you can gather easily, of course won't give as much as this specific event gives, hit, but its still worth it.

Thanks, I'll start hoarding them for events now. Who knows, maybe I'll get lucky and end up with enough to add hit to a weapon.

On 9/13/2016 at 8:08 PM, rstewy2 said:

This particular event is very uncommon. Since I've been here, we had one in januaray 2014, december 2015, and now this one in september 2016. Nearly a two year gap between the first two hit events I was here for.
However, we do often have other minievents that occur and use pds for things, such as the Yasminkov event for example(to Add Specials to any weapon which does not already have special).

• Like 1

Hit event guidebook:

>Be ready/character with weapons and pd necessary

>Change blocks first

>Know what you are going to add

>Don't leave it for sunday(this might backlash if room gets way too busy!)

>Confirm items on trade window(check stats and hit)

>Don't be a jerk and afk on the room/stay in the room asking questions about the event when you can ask on lobby and forum

Edited by Cyane
  • Like 2

Just now, Cyane said:

Hit event guidebook:

>Be ready/character with weapons and pd necessary

>Change blocks first

>Know what you are going to add

>Don't leave it for sunday(this might backlash if room gets way too busy!)

>Confirm items on trade window(check stats and hit)

>Don't be a jerk and afk on the room/stay in the room asking questions about the event when you can ask on lobby and forum

Can i bring some accounts with me if i don't have enogh pds on my char? I have more than 297 pds

Edited by Samy Senju

4 minutes ago, Samy Senju said:

Can i bring some accounts with me if i don't have enogh pds on my char? I have more than 297 pds

You will have to come a second or third time into the room to finish, considering many have several accs with pd, changing around would consume a lot of time that others could be using to do theirs too. (sort of you have one chance each time

1 minute ago, bloodseeker said:

Please post the block number/ lobby number and when you are ready. It's Saturday in Australia but not sure the time in US. 

I will make a banner each time the room is available.