Does Humar suck?

Does Humar suck?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Does he suck?

• Yes
    • No.

28 minutes ago, Fyrewolf5 said:

Humar is a really fun class and he's not as bad as people want to make him out to be. He does still have the 2nd highest atp of all classes, and access to some of the best weapons like psycho ravens and 100souls and is the only character that can use both Zanba and Flowens 3084, (hucast can use zanba, huney can use flowens3084, and hucaseal can use flowens3084 but can't special).
He lacks traps, but lets face it, traps are brokenly OP and makes a lot of things way too easy, it just means he has to know proper monster manipulation and dodging well, essential skills for any good hu anyway.
He lacks a bit of crowd control, and cannot do much to self-buff, so he does have trouble approaching monsters while solo and can get smacked pretty hard. However, he does have some other advantages for soloing that the casts do not have, such as having stronger demon's power, easily able to bring down groups of flying canadines / gee with a tech, easily able to stun lilies with a tech (I solo caves on humar a lot with 5edk, and having techs like razonde is a huge plus), can stun group of merissa with razonde/tech (when hit while flat on ground between jumps, they get stunned for 2.5 seconds or so), scaring groups of rappies well, destroying large amounts of traps quickly provided he can see them, actually able to gizonde vol opt, actually being able to resta in fights like dark falz so that it's not a war of attrition (cast soloing falz is lol, there is so much guaranteed damage that you either kill him before your mates run out, or you are screwed), can tell where the real gol dragon will spawn when he goes to split (if the fight gets that far), etc. Humar also has a really nice hp amount (hucast has too much hp, making him more vulnerable to certain attacks). In normal-vhard, techs reign supreme and will easily net him kills when doing quests that simply require completion on any difficulty or acquiring kills (humar can equip hylian shield too). Humar is also a good class in cmode, falling between hucast and hucaseal in power and ata, but being able to use some strong weapons that hucaseal sometimes cannot (such as pallasch in 1c9), and having enough ata to have access to autogun/lockgun and mechgun/assault in many stages where hucast does not.
Most of humar's issues are problems he has with soloing, some of which are shared with other classes too. He can tackle most areas of the game pretty well (forest, caves, temple, cca, crater), a few areas are tricky but manageable (ruins, sub desert, seabed), and only has a lot of trouble in mines, mostly only because lack of traps makes groups of sinows and multiple baranz difficult, which are scary for any class really.
Humar may be a difficult class to play, but a high skill floor doesn't mean he sucks, he is still a competent class at high levels of play.

true bro but my point stays STA broke the game  a humar with it  its god 

3 hours ago, velociti said:

How come no one brought up Hundred Souls yet? In my opinion humar can be the best HU because of 2 easily accessible weapons.

1. Psycho Raven with attribute is the best bang for buck on single enemies/bosses.

2. Hundred Souls allows humars to deal atleast 3.8k damage on crits to 3 targets. Thats a 1hko for almost every monster. HUcasts can't use special so they can only do 2.5k damage on crits with strong attack.

Currently making a humar to test his effectiveness. 300 less atp than hucast isnt all that bad when you have 3.5k+ atp (w/ shifta). And the funny thing is I was hitting 3k at level 47ish which is already more than hucast's max possible damage.

1. Huney has Lindcray, which isn't as good, but can still do some massive dps, plus has more range.

2. Huney can also use Hundred souls, and can crit for almost the same amount, especially if you use Sue's Coat and cast zal.

This wasn't really a case of 'hucast vs humar', it was more of 'why humar could use some balancing'. I'd admit Humar doesn't exactly 'suck' but in my opinion, is the least useful of the 4 hu classes. All the weapons people are mentioning here cost 15+ dts, which a lot of new people won't have for awhile(unless of course they donate). I mean there's things like Demolition Comet and Daylight Scar that are decent weapons that Humar can use, but ultimately, if you want to be an efficient humar, you'll have to dump a few dts. The same could be said for RA, but they definitely have more of a wider range of weaponry choices when it comes to gear load out, and more substitutes for DM(Iron Faust, Baranz Launcher, etc). Either way I enjoy my humar, but having a decent amount of gear can make any class really fun to play.

Edited by mudkipzjm

17 minutes ago, Biza said:

true bro but my point stays STA broke the game  a humar with it  its god 

So is every other class when they have STA. Plus many people aren't going to have the 500+ dts that most people are going to want for STA.

We can't give humar traps. We can never make anything anywhere near as OP as traps are. It's just not possible. No matter what we do, he won't get instant large aoe guaranteed status application, that's a fact people are going to have to play around.

Humar can still combokill a lot of enemies just using Psycho Ravens, hunewearl can't use pr and that was considered one of the main reasons why she was the 'worst' hu before.

not true hunew dont need PR they got last swan before lindcray and so they have buff debuff more resta  with kroes sweeter they got all the love thats why its my favorite class =D

in a talk about survivality between humar and hunewearl humar lost so drastically  low resta heal high hp but not enough to survive second hit deaths  need a trimate or dimate and resta to avoid being killed =D  humars true are a combo killers  atleast make them able to use buff lvl 15 xD for more survivality

• Like 1

Misombre, the excal from my memory did 2.4k crits with hucaseal, so probably 2.8k crits with HUcast. This does not compare with any hundred souls' special damage crits which do atleast 3.8k on HUmar/new. This is because hundred souls has 600 more atp than excal, and with 100% attribute that's another 600 more atp (or 300 extra atp that excal 100% doesnt have). Thats why i'm making a humar - no need for sues coat so i'd say humar>hunewy

Yes well 2400 or 3800, am not going to say it's quite the same because it's not, but basically almost any monster will die in two strikes with both.

Nooow, this Humar > Huney looks to me like a lot of arguments and time lost to explain why or why not. You did it on purpose to open a debate, do ya ? =D

I would just conclude that you play whatever suits you. Hell if it's powerful or not, who cares if you have fun ^.^

32 minutes ago, velociti said:

Misombre, the excal from my memory did 2.4k crits with hucaseal, so probably 2.8k crits with HUcast. This does not compare with any hundred souls' special damage crits which do atleast 3.8k on HUmar/new. This is because hundred souls has 600 more atp than excal, and with 100% attribute that's another 600 more atp (or 300 extra atp that excal 100% doesnt have). Thats why i'm making a humar - no need for sues coat so i'd say humar>hunewy

Thing is, he isn't always going to have sd/jz. Huney can cast that any time she wants, she won't do a 3.8k crit, but certainly more damage than Humar. She also has vivenne, last swan, and Lindcray, which are all very useful items that Humar simply just doesn't have access too. And with her having sd/jz techs, she can always make last swan do a decent amount of damage, unlike Humar with PR and his kinda meh 15 jz. Again, I like both classes, I just think they both have their different uses.

ps.

And yea it doesn't really matter who's truly better, just play whoever you like. I like playing with wide variety of hunters, so you'll see me on all of them.

Edited by Cyane
Merged replies

2 minutes ago, mudkipzjm said:

Thing is, he isn't always going to have sd/jz. Huney can cast that any time she wants, she won't do a 3.8k crit, but certainly more damage than Humar. She also has vivenne, last swan, and Lindcray, which are all very useful items that Humar simply just doesn't have access too. And with her having sd/jz techs, she can always make last swan do a decent amount of damage, unlike Humar with PR and his kinda meh 15 jz. Again, I like both classes, I just think they both have their different uses.

Huney may get s/d, but she has relatively low atp for it to scale off of. A hucast using s-reds blades has more atp than a huney using 20 shifta, because he has far more base atp to scale off of (same thing with ramar vs ramarl). That's one of the tradeoffs she pays for getting 20 buffs and debuffs. Last swan is okay, but its no Psycho Raven, and Vivienne is an irrelevant thing because we are talking about hunters who get access to all of the doublesabers, a few of which are stronger than vivi. Hunewearl was considered the worst hunter, before we allowed her to use asteron striker and created lindcray.
Psycho raven is really not to be underestimated, I can NHH combokill ruins enemies with my 25dark PR without even using s-reds, and NHH combokill ep1 Baranz with 0machine if I use s-reds. Not having access to Psycho Ravens was a major reason why huney was the worst hunter, and although she finally does have a good high atp ranged weapon, it's certainly no mechgun that uses all of your atp for 9 consecutive attacks. PR still does about 25%-35% more raw damage(20shifta+sues vs 3shifta); lindcray may looks really flashy, but doesn't mean it can match the damage output of 9 consecutive attacks.

@Mephidos You just get virtually downvoted for lack of brain. Dressed sharks should stay where they belong : in the imagination.

@Fyrewolf5 Does a Hucast using S-red blades and wielding an Excalibur has more ATP than a Humar using S-red blades and wielding a Hundred Soul ? Because when I was saying that I was sure the difference of damage between Hucast/Exca and Humar/100 souls was not that great, I was strongly thinking about this base atp thing being boost by s/d. But well then I guess if Hundred Souls is sphered... perhaps then the Humar will deal more damage anyway. What do you think ?

6 hours ago, Misombre said:

@Mephidos You just get virtually downvoted for lack of brain. Dressed sharks should stay where they belong : in the imagination.

@Fyrewolf5 Does a Hucast using S-red blades and wielding an Excalibur has more ATP than a Humar using S-red blades and wielding a Hundred Soul ? Because when I was saying that I was sure the difference of damage between Hucast/Exca and Humar/100 souls was not that great, I was strongly thinking about this base atp thing being boost by s/d. But well then I guess if Hundred Souls is sphered... perhaps then the Humar will deal more damage anyway. What do you think ?

Humar with hundred souls should have over 400 more atp than hucast with excal at any level of shifta, be it 0, 3, 30, or 81. I'd say that's a pretty significant difference.