Does Humar suck?

Does Humar suck?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Does he suck?

• Yes
    • No.

3 minutes ago, rayblasterx said:

Humars are HUs, therefore they suck :^)

>Assuming that hunting a year round PGF over and over and over and over wouldn't get boring

>Assuming the game isn't 100 years old. It is simply incapable of providing a new and fresh experience no matter how much $$$ gets pumped in

>Quality Post

A game where all you can do is hunt items, do quests, and hunt item through quests can only provide so much entertainment. I honestly don't know how I'm able to play the game as much as I do.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, rayblasterx said:

Humars are HUs, therefore they suck :^)

>Assuming that hunting a year round PGF over and over and over and over wouldn't get boring

>Assuming the game isn't 100 years old. It is simply incapable of providing a new and fresh experience no matter how much $$$ gets pumped in

>Quality Post

The argument you're even attempting to lay out is nonsense. This entire game is just hunting things.   

By that metric, why ever make events or anything?

That was a whole lot of nothing.

12 minutes ago, ZenReborn said:

Nice refutation.

Yeah, no. That's a strawman. I didn't say hunting PGF year round wouldn't get boring. That's why I said what I did about new items.

Apparently nuance is lost on you.

You said, PGF would go "a long way" to alleviate the boredom thus prevent people from leaving. I'm saying it wouldn't and neither would new items. As for why make events? So you have something to look forward to I guess. New items would get people playing for a short time and then it'd go right back to being the same ol grindfest we all love

Edited by rayblasterx

It definitely would encourage more hunting.

When you know that you have to invest $500 to get something you want/need or wait possibly for an entire year, it kind of takes the wind out of your sails and makes you not want to play.

It's the most coveted item on the server, it would definitely encourage hunting and send prices waaaay down. New items could do the same. It always does. That's why people look forward to events. 

The problem with HUs in general is that ranged is just way too good in this game so only HUcast with its monster ATP really matters much compared to even weaker rangers. In group, any HU except HUcast is inferior novelty. Solo, HUmar with no s/d, weak Zalure is super meh. So yes, HUmar sucks. It is the only HU that I would never consider rolling without some buffs.

I'm not sure if I'm familiar with all the Ultima specific items that exist, but all the HUs/RAs except HUcast/RAcast/RAmar seem pretty gimped compared to these 3. Which isn't really any different than vanilla. Huney and RAmarl have their perks, but (especially RAmarl) not having access to Psycho Ravens is a pretty big deal.

Edited by shong

3 hours ago, ZenReborn said:

When was the last new item introduced? What was the last item? Also, there's several things that happen surrounding the game that are entirely unnecessary or just asinine. 

If GMs get our way, there will be a crap ton of new stuff for the Halloween event.  That event is not the greatest as it only has one server-exclusive item.  There will be more for sure, but it depends on what gets final approval.  For sure there will be new armor/shields.  Weapons are currently in discussion.  Some of the ideas may or may not work as intended, so I won't say what exactly is in the works.  We'll reveal more once things are finalized in the coming weeks, but it sounds like it will be a fun event with lots of new things to look forward to.

• Like 2

Well me and saith loves HUmar + OP. our favorite class to play so I made like 5 HUmars (just gathering ID)

Anyways, yea HUmar sucks for some people but for me it have potential with the best gear which I already have and work well with but the lack of No buff and low lv debuff can be challenging when you soloing stressful hunt. -cough- STA and pgf. Honestly I love playing HUmar and you pretty much see me everytime playing one. It be good to see HUmar only items or useful item to have decent crowd control or able to be good as a HUcast. But if that happen then i be looking foward to see HUmar gets buff so i can see all HUmar in the lobby. xD (jk)

Well this just my opinion but thats all i have to say.

#HUmar4lyfe

#SaithKillroyRudyHUmarUnited

#YourFavoriteHUmar

Edited by killroy909
  • Like 2

Purely stat-wise speaking, HUmar is at the lower end of the class spectrum. However with the right gear and skill, you won't notice an extremely big difference in endgame with other classes as long as you don't do Time attack runs. So if you don't take the game that seriously and just play for fun, without caring about efficiency, HUmar is a perfectly viable choice. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Auli'i said:

@mudkipzjm Ever think that maybe you just suck at HUmar? :onion-head70:

ilymud

But @Auli'i I suck at every class.

Anyways, I think we all know UselessHu is the best Humar out there, at least right now.

• 2 weeks later...

How come no one brought up Hundred Souls yet? In my opinion humar can be the best HU because of 2 easily accessible weapons.

1. Psycho Raven with attribute is the best bang for buck on single enemies/bosses.

2. Hundred Souls allows humars to deal atleast 3.8k damage on crits to 3 targets. Thats a 1hko for almost every monster. HUcasts can't use special so they can only do 2.5k damage on crits with strong attack.

Currently making a humar to test his effectiveness. 300 less atp than hucast isnt all that bad when you have 3.5k+ atp (w/ shifta). And the funny thing is I was hitting 3k at level 47ish which is already more than hucast's max possible damage.

I didn't do the test, but am pretty sure that a Hucast with Excalibur can deal pretty as much damage than a Humar with Hundred Souls. That said, the superiority of Hucast over Humar mainly comes from traps. Also hundreds souls and excalibur, while striking 3 targets, are not really great at crowd control (though it's certainly enough for little crowd).

I think humars are fine. I mean among the other hunter types. Hunters globally could need a bit more ATA (except hucaseal). But this goes for humar, hucast and huney too.

Humar is a really fun class and he's not as bad as people want to make him out to be. He does still have the 2nd highest atp of all classes, and access to some of the best weapons like psycho ravens and 100souls and is the only character that can use both Zanba and Flowens 3084, (hucast can use zanba, huney can use flowens3084, and hucaseal can use flowens3084 but can't special).
He lacks traps, but lets face it, traps are brokenly OP and makes a lot of things way too easy, it just means he has to know proper monster manipulation and dodging well, essential skills for any good hu anyway.
He lacks a bit of crowd control, and cannot do much to self-buff, so he does have trouble approaching monsters while solo and can get smacked pretty hard. However, he does have some other advantages for soloing that the casts do not have, such as having stronger demon's power, easily able to bring down groups of flying canadines / gee with a tech, easily able to stun lilies with a tech (I solo caves on humar a lot with 5edk, and having techs like razonde is a huge plus), can stun group of merissa with razonde/tech (when hit while flat on ground between jumps, they get stunned for 2.5 seconds or so), scaring groups of rappies well, destroying large amounts of traps quickly provided he can see them, actually able to gizonde vol opt, actually being able to resta in fights like dark falz so that it's not a war of attrition (cast soloing falz is lol, there is so much guaranteed damage that you either kill him before your mates run out, or you are screwed), can tell where the real gol dragon will spawn when he goes to split (if the fight gets that far), etc. Humar also has a really nice hp amount (hucast has too much hp, making him more vulnerable to certain attacks). In normal-vhard, techs reign supreme and will easily net him kills when doing quests that simply require completion on any difficulty or acquiring kills (humar can equip hylian shield too). Humar is also a good class in cmode, falling between hucast and hucaseal in power and ata, but being able to use some strong weapons that hucaseal sometimes cannot (such as pallasch in 1c9), and having enough ata to have access to autogun/lockgun and mechgun/assault in many stages where hucast does not.
Most of humar's issues are problems he has with soloing, some of which are shared with other classes too. He can tackle most areas of the game pretty well (forest, caves, temple, cca, crater), a few areas are tricky but manageable (ruins, sub desert, seabed), and only has a lot of trouble in mines, mostly only because lack of traps makes groups of sinows and multiple baranz difficult, which are scary for any class really.
Humar may be a difficult class to play, but a high skill floor doesn't mean he sucks, he is still a competent class at high levels of play.

• Like 1