Enemy Models updated (not complete yet)

Shiva

5 minutes ago, chuk said:

Simply hilarious, the only thing missing is some spooky music and sound effects. You're inspiring me for a great halloween event for next year ^^

hehe sweet.

btw forgot to unmute it

Mind if I ask you how are you doing this stuff?

I have been working in properly exporting the game models (XJ models) ... but I haven't gone too far, I can export them but the most complicated models (anything that is not the saber or an item box) end up with wrong normals, and obviously having a proper understanding of how the models are made is the first step on bigger things.

9 hours ago, Soly said:

Mind if I ask you how are you doing this stuff?

I have been working in properly exporting the game models (XJ models) ... but I haven't gone too far, I can export them but the most complicated models (anything that is not the saber or an item box) end up with wrong normals, and obviously having a proper understanding of how the models are made is the first step on bigger things.

didnt figured out with xj models either, but xj is atm only or mostly only for weapons. To export the enemy models i take the enemy.bml and extract them with the bml extractor. Or just to make it easier, i take the allready extracted models from the quedit. And to import own models, i use emulate win95 with 3d studio max 2.5 and Dreamcast's Katana SDK r10 converter. im going to make a tutorial anyway at some point. Another i dont know yet is how many kb's r allowed to use own models, sonce i tried a few with higher then 400-500, but the game crashed. So i used Amy's head for example wich has only a few kb's and it worked.

@Soly btw, the PRSU.exe isnt exporting .xj files correctly, right?

Edited by Shiva

2 hours ago, Shiva said:

xj is atm only or mostly only for weapons.

From what I've gathered .xj should be doodads i.e. item boxes, environmental objects. If you want weapons look for the item.bml file. It should unpack .nj and .pvm.

3 hours ago, Shiva said:

btw, the exmldnet isnt exporting .xj files correctly, right?

I don't think .xj conversion is available in exmldnet. There's no option to unpack the files. Of course, my version is from 2008 so I'm not sure if there's been updates to it since then. Looks to me like the tool is reading bytes and spitting out information on the file. I'm no programmer though so I'm sure Soly could give more insight on the matter.

On 26.11.2016 at 1:41 PM, ScoobyDew said:

I don't think .xj conversion is available in exmldnet. There's no option to unpack the files. Of course, my version is from 2008 so I'm not sure if there's been updates to it since then. Looks to me like the tool is reading bytes and spitting out information on the file. I'm no programmer though so I'm sure Soly could give more insight on the matter.

ops, i ment the afs manager to extract the .xj files isnt working correctly

also dont see the item.bml somewere, only the ItemKTep4.afs and ItemModelEp4.

but from the ItemModelEp4 i can only get the prs files or the bin files. but need them in nj or xj to work with those

Edited by Shiva

ItemModelEp4? What are you extracting these from? Is it V2 or PSOBB?

Actually. It must be from PSOBB if you have episode 4 files. 

I'll be home in a few minutes. I'll see what I can do. You're gonna need to extract from V2.

Edited by ScoobyDew

Sorry it took so long. Just a heads up. If you aren't able to scroll through all the files once you download V2 from PSO Palace look for a "data.gsl" file. You're gonna need to unpack that with a gsl.exe. It should unpack to bml, pvm, nj etc files. From there just follow my instructions.

I'm going to sleep now. If you have any questions I'll answer them when I wake up. Hopefully Soly can help you with any technical stuff. I'll try to help with the model extracting.

Shit. I just noticed the video quality is poor. Sorry about that. I converted it to a smaller file size to save time. If some things aren't clear just ask.

SHIVA Response

Edited by ScoobyDew

I thought you could do xj too... nvm then, I guess I'll have to put some more time into it.

prsu only decompresses the files, you need a custom program to export the model data out of xj files, which there is none...

On 26.11.2016 at 3:46 PM, ScoobyDew said:

Sorry it took so long. Just a heads up. If you aren't able to scroll through all the files once you download V2 from PSO Palace look for a "data.gsl" file. You're gonna need to unpack that with a gsl.exe. It should unpack to bml, pvm, nj etc files. From there just follow my instructions.

I'm going to sleep now. If you have any questions I'll answer them when I wake up. Hopefully Soly can help you with any technical stuff. I'll try to help with the model extracting.

Shit. I just noticed the video quality is poor. Sorry about that. I converted it to a smaller file size to save time. If some things aren't clear just ask.

SHIVA Response

downloaded all of these file but non of these had the item.bml file inside.

Only got the item.bml from DC version 2, but its not compatible with the bml extractor i think.

U mind if u could send me the file?

1 minute ago, ScoobyDew said:

How so?

when i try to extract it, nothing happens.

with the other files it works correctly

Edited by Shiva

The extraction worked for me but I gave you some wrong information on where the item models are located. Sorry about that. Item.bml extracts the .xj files that I was looking at in my Ephinea forum post.

You need to scroll down a bit for ItemModel.afs and extract that. I believe Schthack made an afs tool.

I'm sorry that I won't upload the file. I just don't want to upload Sega's content somewhere.

Edited by ScoobyDew